PDA

View Full Version : General Chat Might by an EVO soon.

Got Milk?
05-21-2008, 10:09 PM
Well for now im driving a rsx type-s, its a really fun car but i want something MORE! I was thinking about selling my rsx and going for an evo. I would do like 5k down payment, and the rest i would do a every month payment. Now im asking you guys with evos who have payments every month, how much do ya pay on average for the payment on the car+insurance? And do ya have any regrets.

If you payed off your evo with cash, go away NOW!

nreggie454
05-21-2008, 11:50 PM
18 year old + EVO = insurance rate pwnage.

Also, with the way you drive your RSX, expect to pay an arm and a leg for gas.

EJ25RUN
05-22-2008, 12:04 AM
Mitsubishi EVO = the worst car to ensure in the usa.

Bruce Leroy
05-22-2008, 12:05 AM
Sell the rsx, buy a nice daily, and pick up some a older awd eclipse/talon and call it a day. You won't have the evo, but you will be close, and you will have 2 cars just in case something happens to you toy.

slostang
05-22-2008, 12:11 AM
have you looked at the the new mugen civic si? those are really nice! I'm thinking about getting one in the future and giving it 8psi and call it a day.

81911SC
05-22-2008, 12:26 AM
have you looked at the the new mugen civic si? those are really nice! I'm thinking about getting one in the future and giving it 8psi and call it a day.
God, you're fuccking retarded. Leave IA.
Evo, son.

slostang
05-22-2008, 12:33 AM
^^^ I'm not saying it would be faster than an evo, its just what I would what for a nice reliable semi quick dd.

81911SC
05-22-2008, 12:44 AM
You want a 30 grand Civic? You are dumb as SH!T.

slostang
05-22-2008, 12:47 AM
^^^ yep.

FriskyWalrus
05-22-2008, 12:52 AM
the Mugen Si's are nice but i wouldnt buy one

81911SC
05-22-2008, 12:52 AM
^^^ yep.
This relates.

slostang
05-22-2008, 12:56 AM
go ahead and call me dumb as sh!t again, but I dont get it.

81911SC
05-22-2008, 12:58 AM
I don't think I have too. Anyway, back on topic. Ins. will be massive after that ticket hits and the Evo will be pricey. Sick cars though.

FriskyWalrus
05-22-2008, 01:06 AM
This relates.

i lol'd and i lol'd hard. reps

AlanŽ
05-22-2008, 01:06 AM
go ahead and call me dumb as sh!t again, but I dont get it.

neither do i 30k for a honda civic thats a good ass deal :rolleyes:

81911SC
05-22-2008, 01:07 AM
Seriously is my fav. pic. Period.

FriskyWalrus
05-22-2008, 01:09 AM
i can see why. it'll make anyone laugh

imbatman
05-22-2008, 02:01 AM
huh....im in no position to tell u what u should do but if i am, i'd tell u to just stick with ur car have right now. i had my 2nd '86 i sold it to get my impreza. i, then, sold it because of high interest monthly payment, high insurance, and climbing gas prices. i was lucky to sell the impreza and is really really lucky to buy one of the cleanest '86 around.

my friends bro has an evo and the monthly payment is crazy...its a losing battle to own an evo unless ur a spoiled kid or rich.

Andr3w
05-22-2008, 02:48 AM
If you can afford it go ahead. Honestly I'd save the money that you would spend on the EVO and use it on your RSX and turbo it so it will spank Evo ass.

btw I had to add this pic

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/tattooedinsac/funny/mugin.jpg

slostang
05-22-2008, 03:09 AM
If you can afford it go ahead. Honestly I'd save the money that you would spend on the EVO and use it on your RSX and turbo it so it will spank Evo ass.

btw I had to add this pic

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i310/tattooedinsac/funny/mugin.jpg

I guess you just really have to appreciate them. idk.

Ed
05-22-2008, 08:30 AM

maybe true (i have had my ass handed to me by a turbo rsx) but on a straight away. evo's specialty is not drag racing... take it to a track or the mtns and that poor little rsx would've been smoked.

if you want a fun car, get the evo, if yuo wanna beat other cars in a straight racing, turbo your car.

as far as payments, unless you make 500-700 a month (just for the car and ins), dont get it. also if you plan on it being your daily driver, prepare yourself. mine gets 200-230 a tank (premium, 12 gallon)

EJ25RUN
05-22-2008, 08:55 AM

no you just have to be really stupid and spend money on branded stickers instead of real performance.

Kevykev
05-22-2008, 08:57 AM
This relates.

:lmfao:

I laughed for real at that!

nreggie454
05-22-2008, 10:33 AM

Yeah, I really appreciate paying 30k for a Civic Si with a bodykit.

Motivation
05-22-2008, 10:35 AM
30K for a civic? umm... no. Why not look at a little older of an evo? Ya don't have to get a new one. Would still be what you want, fun car, and it wouldn't hurt you as bad on the financial end...

Andr3w
05-22-2008, 07:59 PM
maybe true (i have had my ass handed to me by a turbo rsx) but on a straight away. evo's specialty is not drag racing... take it to a track or the mtns and that poor little rsx would've been smoked.

if you want a fun car, get the evo, if yuo wanna beat other cars in a straight racing, turbo your car.

as far as payments, unless you make 500-700 a month (just for the car and ins), dont get it. also if you plan on it being your daily driver, prepare yourself. mine gets 200-230 a tank (premium, 12 gallon)

Yes this is true. Just analize where you will be driving it then just base it on that.

blackonblack
05-22-2008, 08:10 PM

+1

my payments aren't bad and the insurance.. isn't either... paying 400 a month... and 75 for full coverage.. but thats because its under my "rents"... i bought it when i was 19 and i know insurance was going to be a pain in the *** so my rents helped me out... but atleast be ready to spend 700ish... because of gas... and trust me you'll get addicted to modn it... i spend maybe 500 a month on parts and gas and then the payment i could own a z06 :-p or something better then an evo...

rsx's can't go rallyn
rsx's from a dig?
rsx's on turns?

rsx straight line? maybe when you put another what 3-4k in the engine for a turbo ect.. and supporting mod's and tuning?

all to beat maybe a evo with turbo back etc...?

your choice have fun:cheers:

Rsxguy
05-22-2008, 09:19 PM
get a sti man

One_Bad_SHO
05-22-2008, 11:03 PM
Buy a cheap toy and fix it up yourself. You're young. Save your money.

I could be wrong but Iheard that to replace ONE headlight on an Evo is around $600. Thats reclitorous!

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is because they sacrifice what they want most for what they want at the moment."

Got Milk?
05-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Wow, thanks alot on the comments. Ive changed my mind, now i know im not ready for an evo at age of 18.

And the guy that would pay 30k for a civic............wow! Thats all i have to say lol.

Ed
05-23-2008, 06:54 AM
i saw a mugen out in the road yesterday...

i glanced at it and thought, "just another civic"

h22ek
05-23-2008, 08:26 AM
hahahaha @ the relates. my bestfriend's bro has a 2007 evo 9, he's 25 and he pays 805$ a month before insurance. and i hang real close to him in my car. think about what you use a car for.

-S Double C-
05-23-2008, 06:05 PM
hahahaha @ the relates. my bestfriend's bro has a 2007 evo 9, he's 25 and he pays 805$ a month before insurance. and i hang real close to him in my car. think about what you use a car for.

he is getting ****ed with a bat and no lube...im looking at one for 510 a month in NC and i have no credit. Im possibly gonna put down around 4k if i get it...i dont wanna spend all my money ive got saved up. I found one for 14k that i could probably go ahead and get cash but i want to finance something and build credit.

Ed
05-23-2008, 06:11 PM
he is getting ****ed with a bat and no lube...im looking at one for 510 a month and i have no credit. Im possibly gonna put down around 3k i dont wanna spend all my money ive got saved up. I found one for 14k that i could probably go ahead and get cash but i want to finance something and build credit.

i thought the same but i didnt wanna say anything.

Andr3w
05-26-2008, 02:48 AM
Buy a cheap toy and fix it up yourself. You're young. Save your money.

I could be wrong but Iheard that to replace ONE headlight on an Evo is around $600. Thats reclitorous!

"The reason most people fail instead of succeed is because they sacrifice what they want most for what they want at the moment."

Amazing quote man....is that from you?

Mr.Big
06-13-2008, 03:49 PM

U mean a 06 evo9
there is no 07 evo9 in the states

Paree4g63
06-13-2008, 10:27 PM

Evo's ARE fun cars to have.. I also own a EvoVIII; if I had to go back and buy my evo..i would've gotten the 9's or MR's instead because of the Mivec head..They tune way better then the non mivec motors. Basically I just bought my Evo to HAVE because it had everything I wanted in a long term car; SPEED, HANDLING, 4DOORS, TURBO, STOCK RIMS, LOOKS, SUNROOF, AND THE EASE OF TUNING.

If your job is stable all the time and you can afford payments plus insurance and the high gas prices and still have backup cash..go for it; Evo's are a legend everywhere..People will hate on evo's and think they're a piece of shiet..trust me, I've read comments on youtube all about older cars pulln evos in a straight away..It's not all about speed! Speed KILLS:goodjob: ...

If I had a choice of FWD in the future; I'd probably get the RSX-S or the Legendary Integra Type R. RR drive i would choose a 04 and up s2k. Actually the RSX-Type S was the first car i was looking @ and could've bought..but when I looked at the Evo right after..and test drove it..I bought it right away. If I look back, I should've gotten the Type S; I would've saved alot of $$$ if i did. Newer cars have lower APR'S then USED cars.. :goodjob:

Evo's cost alot to mod & maintain; you can find used evos for under 17k-20k...While you still have a cheaper car..with cash..it'll only be worser if u had gotten a evo. Just my 2cents!:D

Average evo owner I say spends about close to $1k just to have & drive an evo everyday. :yes:

Oh, one more thing..I get about 260-300 a tank on my evo8? Even if I haul ass once in awhile, I still get 220-240. You should get your car tuned buddy; mines isn't even tuned yet!