PDA

View Full Version : will someone recommend to me stuff for FUEL UPGRADES??

teh_mugen18
05-20-2008, 12:00 PM
i am wondering if someone could recommend to me a somewhat cheap, good, and tune-able fuel setup for some mild modding of the manifold on a Honda B18a1 motor.

Basically, i have my Throttle body bored to 60mm and polished, and my intake manifold has been ported and polished as well.** The thing is, since i made my TB larger, my car has a bit of an issue with fuel delivery...aka its not enough...:ninja:
I even have my stock FPR maxxed out, and its still not giving enough gas.
I can tell because it tends to fart a little bit out the back, and the pedal feels really weak, my car also sounds like its sucking in a LOT of air(which is good) but it really doesnt sound like enough fuel is in there. It sounds almost like dry...... and after cruising i can sit at a stop light and my o2/AFR gauge will read LEAN for a good 10 - 15 seconds before returning to normal again. LOL, even on a narrowband i know thats still not good.

So if someone could point me in the right direction?
Also, i already have an Adjustable FPR on the way...

**I'm also supporting mods; Intake, and axleback exhaust.

Barefoot
05-20-2008, 12:35 PM
get your ecu socketed/chipped and have it tuned or a safc and get it tuned. hit scttydb411 up for 1 stop shopping chipping and the tune.

Z0_o6
05-21-2008, 06:42 AM
it sounds dry? oh dear jesus rainman how do you know that? unless you went really over the top with porting the IM (which wasn't bright to begin with) fuel delivery is not an issue.

teh_mugen18
05-21-2008, 12:39 PM
it sounds dry? oh dear jesus rainman how do you know that? unless you went really over the top with porting the IM (which wasn't bright to begin with) fuel delivery is not an issue.

when i ported the IM, i only widened it .5mm on each side, to make each runner a total of 1mm wider. I only lowered each runner by 1mm as well. I dont think thats over the top...?:thinking:

lol, i also dont mean actually dry. what i mean is, i can hear a LOT more air going in it. (i think i may need to make a vid so yall can hear what im describing... its not a BAD sound... its just louder, like you can hear the sucking)

LIKEG6
05-21-2008, 11:34 PM
walbro fuel pump, injectors, high flow fuel filter

Benefit
05-21-2008, 11:41 PM
refer to sig

teh_mugen18
05-22-2008, 08:57 AM
refer to sig

MY sig?
clubintegra?:thinking:

LIKEG6
05-22-2008, 09:19 AM
or get a phearable.net ecu

Vteckidd
05-22-2008, 09:40 AM
buy an ecu for $150 from me and get it TUNED

however, a STOCK FUEL SYSTEM can support 190whp no problem, i highly doubt you are making that

G.C
05-22-2008, 09:41 AM
i'm pretty sure you just need a tune. of course your going to need more fuel for the air/fuel ratio when you increase the air flow and not the fuel.