PDA

View Full Version : Misc Guitar Hero 4?

Zeeb
05-20-2008, 11:08 AM
OMG WHY!!!!! lol

So Red-octane and harmonix made guitar hero 1 and 2 together, then they split and harmonix with the help of EA and MTV games made rock band, and red-octane with the help of activision made guitar hero 3.
So since guitar hero 3 has been out a while, guess its time for a new one. Guitar Hero 4 is supposed to have drums and all that, im thinking its going to fail seeing how no one will wanna spend another 200 bucks on a fake plastic drum set mic and guitars.

Your opinions...

No flaming stay on topic you trolls

FriskyWalrus
05-20-2008, 11:14 AM
well actually i have seen pictures of the new drum kit on G4(cant remember if it was X-Play or AOTS) but its supposed to be more like an actual drum kit and its also supposed to be alot more quiet. plus it allows others who didnt purchase Rock Band (like myself. no money) to purchase this one as well as have a brand new set list to play

Zeeb
05-20-2008, 11:17 AM
Yea heres pics of the set.
http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee88/ImBillPardy/GH4.jpg
I wouldve liked 4 drum pads still and maybe one cymbal... two is cool, but 4 pads is a must for me...

As far as setlists.... rock band comes out with new songs every week for the 360 to download, i think for the ps3 they are delayed and some of them dont even come out...

FriskyWalrus
05-20-2008, 11:22 AM
yeah ive noticed about the downloads every week. they need to just go ahead and release the entire Master Of Puppets album. but from what it looks like, it seems like it'd be an easier thing to pick up for actual drummers. cause my friend who drums for The Marys, has it and tried it and said he sucked something serious and that his brother plays the drums on RB better than him

Zeeb
05-20-2008, 11:36 AM
playing drums on rockband are a little hard, my little brother plays on expert and he's 14, he can 5 star every song... lol i play lead guitar on expert too. its fun playing with people. Also the downloads are bad ass, i dont even play the songs that came with the game anymore, i have over 60 downloaded songs lol. i love playing bostons stuff, and anything with awesome solos and that air guitar sound.

FriskyWalrus
05-20-2008, 11:50 AM
lol. yeah ive thought about picking it up but ive decided to just wait for GH4 since i dont exactly have the money to blow on it right now lol

Dirty Octopus™
05-20-2008, 11:52 AM
can you download songs for Guitar Hero 3?
im quite obessed with the game but dont have a system yet. :(

Zeeb
05-20-2008, 11:56 AM
not sure... imo right now rockband womps on guitar hero, gameplay is easier and much more fun, untill you step up to expert then its pretty hard. plus there are WAY more songs to download. there are songs for guitars hero 3 to download but only like 20 of them compared to the 100 songs rock band has to download. just go buy a wireless guitar and the rockband gamr at gamestop and then you wont have the full set up, unless you want it, then go get it...

FriskyWalrus
05-20-2008, 11:57 AM
yeah you can. theres quite a few thats been released. more so for rock band than anything. i would tell you what all is out for download but my GH3 is for my PS2 and i dont feel like getting on xbox live right now lol

Zeeb
05-20-2008, 12:09 PM
Rock Band song list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Rock_Band

Guitar Hero 3 song list:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_songs_in_Guitar_Hero_III:_Legends_of_Rock

Deke
05-20-2008, 02:31 PM
I wish they'd keep making guitar hero games with just the guitar. Don't get me wrong, Rock Band is awesome for social gatherings, but the guitar parts are still my favorite and they're pretty tame in comparison to Guitar Hero 3 (imo). Maybe some of the downloaded material is better on Rock Band (I don't know, I haven't played any), but I was not impressed with what comes on the game.

They should definitely make a Guitar Hero that has all of the songs from every previous setlist on it. I'd buy it in a heartbeat :) (I currently don't own any of the games)

Zeeb
05-20-2008, 02:45 PM
yea i play guitar hero 3 at my gf's dads house, and i hate it compared to rock band, i only play guitar cause i love the solos... and the songs that came with rock band are ok... but the down loadable content whoops GH3's ass... and also IMO rock bands graphics are btter and the display that shows the notes coming down the screen on GH3 is annoying to me, with all the little dumb graphics and **** on it... its distracting... rockband you can see the notes easier.