PDA

View Full Version : Don't do business with friends...

Reaper
05-19-2008, 10:33 AM
As some of you may know I have sold and re-purchased my IS300...and I needed to pay off debts recently and I've had a buyer lined up for some time. 2 1/2 months ago I was having a braking issue. I brought the car too them and said "please don't give me any kind of discount, I need the car fixed and sold THIS month!!" (keep in mind that was at the end of February). They said "okay, we'll get it taken care of". It is now may 19th and they still have the car...At the end of april my friend/mechanic was under the car and said "I think its the ABS modulator".....yeah..it took 2 months for him to figure that out.

2 weeks ago I went up to the shop to check on my car and they said they had been waiting for me to pick it up (no phone call, or updates on the vehicle, just assumed I would come up there). I asked if the issue was fixed, and they said that the rotors, lines and pads were replaced and its not AS bad as it was...but that the ABS modulator was bad and a new one was $1800. It just so happened that when they said that, another tech from another shop was visiting and mentioned a place in Ohio that rebuilds them, and it's only $400. We found the website, I said "Send it off to get this thing fixed, I really need it gone".

Last week I am called and told that I need to come up and clear the existing bill ($980) before they move any further..I asked "Why am I paying for something that isn't entirely fixed?" He said "Idk take it up with my boss".....No calls have been made to me EXCEPT when they want money. I've had to go out of my way to check on the status of my car, and what they were going to do next...

So in about an hour I'm driving up there, clearing the existing bill, and taking my car home..They said they were "helping me out" when I didn't want to be helped out in the first place...it doesn't take 2 months to diagnose an ABS modulator....So now, I'm having to go to my uncle (master tech @ lexus) who I've burdened so many times in the past, and having him fix the fuccing car.

I'm not going to name the shop, but just a word for the wise, don't do business with friends.

Sammich
05-19-2008, 10:36 AM
bad bidness y0

Reaper
05-19-2008, 10:37 AM
bad bidness y0

Its bullsh1t dude..I'm having my girl come pick me up so I can go over there and get my car..

Sammich
05-19-2008, 10:39 AM
yea pple should be straight up..i've dealt w/ morons too

MistaCee
05-19-2008, 10:40 AM
Don't do anything stupid dude..

Reaper
05-19-2008, 10:41 AM
Don't do anything stupid dude..

see I WAS furious...and it takes A LOT to get me really pissed off...and I was like ready to kick some ass..But now I'm just going up there, paying them, being dead silent, taking my car and going to Lexus.

AlanŽ
05-19-2008, 10:42 AM
damn man that blows. Those guys seemed reallly cool when they did some work on the tC for me. Then Again when you do business with friends 9/10 this crap happens. sucks though. Which lexus dealership does your uncle work at. I'll be at work at 2.

MistaCee
05-19-2008, 10:42 AM
see I WAS furious...and it takes A LOT to get me really pissed off...and I was like ready to kick some ass..But now I'm just going up there, paying them, being dead silent, taking my car and going to Lexus.

Yea I feel you. As much as you'd want to kick their asses its just not worth it.

Reaper
05-19-2008, 10:46 AM
damn man that blows. Those guys seemed reallly cool when they did some work on the tC for me. Then Again when you do business with friends 9/10 this crap happens. sucks though. Which lexus dealership does your uncle work at. I'll be at work at 2.

South Atl. across the street from you. I won't have time to do anything though, I'm literally dropping the car off, and my girls taking me back to work...

Reaper
05-19-2008, 10:47 AM
Yea I feel you. As much as you'd want to kick their asses its just not worth it.

Exactly, In my professions I can't be getting into fights and stuff..word gets around SO fast in this town..and I don't have anything on my record and I wanna keep it that way. Plus, I'm cool overall with my friend..but the owner I want nothing to do with.

ShooterMcGavin
05-19-2008, 10:47 AM
if the shop isn't a site sponsor then call'em out :D

Reaper
05-19-2008, 10:49 AM
if the shop isn't a site sponsor then call'em out :D

They aren't, BUT I am friends with a couple of the mechanics there...and they cruise this forum even though they never post. So I really don't want anymore drama than I'm going to have to deal with already. RedGT knows who I'm talking about though.

AlanŽ
05-19-2008, 10:51 AM
South Atl. across the street from you. I won't have time to do anything though, I'm literally dropping the car off, and my girls taking me back to work...
thought thats where you were headed. I tried to get a detail job over there but couldn't get it :2up:

Reaper
05-19-2008, 10:53 AM
thought thats where you were headed. I tried to get a detail job over there but couldn't get it :2up:

Idk why you didn't...they have been hiring the sketchiest people lately:thinking:

AlanŽ
05-19-2008, 10:54 AM
Idk why you didn't...they have been hiring the sketchiest people lately:thinking:
Sh!t I don't know man. But now that I got a taste for this money and something lined up for the end of the year I'm staying right where I am.

Reaper
05-19-2008, 10:55 AM
Sh!t I don't know man. But now that I got a taste for this money and something lined up for the end of the year I'm staying right where I am.

well thats good, congrats bro:goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
05-19-2008, 11:04 AM
since you know who it is, then you call'em out :goodjob: ppl deserve to know dammit :tongue1:

AlanŽ
05-19-2008, 11:55 AM
since you know who it is, then you call'em out :goodjob: ppl deserve to know dammit :tongue1:
Sorry no can do.

ShooterMcGavin
05-19-2008, 12:17 PM
buncha lamers :gay:

Reaper
05-19-2008, 12:43 PM
Well...I've picked the car up...outside from being dirty as **** she runs good and the braking isn't isn't AS bad as it was...were all cool but I'm not going through them anymore to do work.

$907.05 was the total bill for everything..and since it took as long as it did they didn't charge me labor.

So it could've been worse..but its still not ENTIRELY fixed..

DieselNuts
05-19-2008, 12:50 PM
that sucks man. I've learned not to do business w/friends too. The situation wasnt as bad as yours, but the work wasnt done to my satisfaction and I couldnt take it back because i "got hooked up". If you want something done right, and you cant do it yourself, its best to just suck it up and pay full price...

Barefoot
05-19-2008, 12:55 PM
sry for your misfortune

Reaper
05-19-2008, 02:53 PM
Well I just spent the past 2 1/2 hours cleaning/waxing the car...the roof is still really rough..considering its a black car and its sat outside for 2 1/2 months the paint overall brightened up nicely. I'm going to put a 2nd coat on later tonight..The clutch felt weird too but I think thats just me not driving it in a while and it being a 6puck clutch lol

AlanŽ
05-19-2008, 04:54 PM
Well I just spent the past 2 1/2 hours cleaning/waxing the car...the roof is still really rough..considering its a black car and its sat outside for 2 1/2 months the paint overall brightened up nicely. I'm going to put a 2nd coat on later tonight..The clutch felt weird too but I think thats just me not driving it in a while and it being a 6puck clutch lol
does it feel any better

Reaper
05-19-2008, 06:55 PM
does it feel any better

I've been driving her all afternoon...It's still fun, but you can tell I'm the one thats been driving it for 3 years...I honestly wish I could keep it and rebuild it then boost it..But I just don't have the funds right now.

The brakes aren't bad. The clutch is taking some getting used to again...shifts great, the tumbler in the ignition is giving me problems but I'll have that fixed soon...so overall were good..just minor things here and there.