PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with the scene these days? [rant=cars]

.blank cd
05-18-2008, 02:07 AM
This import modding thing has gotten way out of hand. I look around and all i see is rice 90% of the time. Kids, even grown ass men runnin around in beat up stock cars, steel wheels, with a loud ass fart can mufflers that protrude at least 12'' from the bumper of the car and $4000 worth of useless car audio. Then these same people wanna drift their front wheel drive cars around parking lots and then wonder why the police always come around and kick everyone out. The same people i see every time mashing the gas making all kinda noise and trying to see if they can get to 100 before they reach the end of the parking lot. Every time i see it i just pray that they run their sh!t into the side of a curb and bend up some control arms and subframe braces

and speaking of drifting. All of you bandwagon 240 owners need to realize that 99.99999% of you will not be the next Tanner Foust or Rhys Millen, ESPECIALLY if you do some of the things as described above. If you think you are the next Vaughn Gitten Jr. or Sam Hubinette, by all means, please prove it to me at a drift event, not at the parking lot of your local hangout spot. cause i swear if even an asphat chip so much as jumps out from between your tires and the road and lands on and scratches the paint that I work so feverantly to make shine, you will have a strong aftertaste of nubuck and pavement for a long time time to come if you know what i mean

Wasnt there a time when the guys who loved cars were all, for the most part, mature? I know when I go to the Year One-style meets, or the ol' skool domestic show offs, never once have i seen a Stingray, or a '32 roadster blazing tires the parking lot, or doing donuts and drfiting around an island, narrowly missing innocent bystanders. So why perpetuate the bad name that we as the next generation tuners or enthusists have? Theres a reason why a clean 57 chevy and a 99 civic can get pulled over doing the same exact thing. the chevy owner drives away scott-free and the civic owner gets the book thrown at him. Think about it

slostang
05-18-2008, 02:24 AM
x2 I feel ya on that

Frög
05-18-2008, 02:28 AM
rice, no way.. where? i see a lot less actually.. unless i go in the mexi part of town, winter's chapel or bufford hwy.. it really seems like its gone down, at least in the areas where i go/live/hangout..

.blank cd
05-18-2008, 02:31 AM
rice, no way.. where? i see a lot less actually.. unless i go in the mexi part of town, winter's chapel or bufford hwy.. i really seems like its gone down, at least in the areas where i go/live/hangout..Come out to barrett one weekend and you'll see what im talking about.

Crazy Asian
05-18-2008, 02:32 AM
Maybe cuz there building there next 2 fast and 2 furious civic and accord. I work at BP and oh my goodness how much rice do I have to take? One mexican came up thinking he was the l33t man in his riced out 93 Prelude with everything all over it and I basically wanted to run out and pump gas all over his car and light it.

And there was a chick with a red cavalier with a pepboys fart can sticking out of the back.

Frög
05-18-2008, 02:33 AM
Come out to barrett one weekend and you'll see what im talking about.

mmm kennesaw, thats why..

IndianStig
05-18-2008, 03:03 AM
+1 you ricer

quickdodge®
05-18-2008, 08:28 AM

Barrett? If you don't know by now that Barret is the mecca of rice, then you've not been around cars at all. Barret has been the bottom feeder since the 1990s. Later, QD.

ksniperfox
05-18-2008, 08:49 AM
winters chapel area has gone down. some of them have graduated to actual cool cars, and less rice/moronic driving(althought it is still prevalent). ie-mustang gts, srt4, etc.

Echonova
05-18-2008, 10:18 AM
Athens is where all the cool people and cars hang-out.

Reaper
05-18-2008, 10:51 AM
I 100% agree with you, rice is everywhere...some of the worst stuff is down here on the southside...but I'm not gonna lie, I was going up the interstate and drove through G-net and I felt surrounded by riced out cars and terrible Fuccking drivers!! it was awful. A srt-4 neon(that was actually done tastefully) a s13 240 with a monstrous wing, 16" rims and a fmic(idk if it was real or not).."racing seats" and a muffler, and a beat down civic also with a wing and hoodpins and a coffee can were "racing" in and out of traffic...damn near hitting me in my SUV...I had my brother and girlfriend in the car..I was going 75ish...and I just wondered "i doubt they have even thought of what could happen if they hit anyone"..and they dipped in between cars like azzholes...

THEY WERE ALL in there mid-20's...unless they were younger and looked a LOT older for there age.

I just don't understand how you can be that stupid...common sense?

and as far as the "ricers"...there are still nicely done cars out there. I just don't understand how putting a mustang "hoodscoop" on your crx and you have like an intake and muffler...and cut the springs on the car...whatever happened to take PRIDE in your ride?

Elbow
05-18-2008, 10:59 AM

True stuff

BTLFED
05-18-2008, 11:03 AM
This thread is a repost x9197832981289. The "Scene" as you call it is complete garbage now. This is a well known fact.

Food for thought: Why is it you can put a body kit on a junky S13 and be "The man" but you put one on a Honda and you are a ricer? Think about it.

quickdodge®
05-18-2008, 11:11 AM
Why is it you can put a body kit on a junky S13 and be "The man"

You can be "The man" by doing that? I just thought you were another follower. Later, QD.

BTLFED
05-18-2008, 11:15 AM
You can be "The man" by doing that? I just thought you were another follower. Later, QD.

You know what I mean. The general consensus is that with the current "Import Scene" because drifting is the cool thing to do. :rolleyes:

redrumracer
05-18-2008, 11:40 AM
x2

.blank cd
05-18-2008, 11:44 AM
Food for thought: Why is it you can put a body kit on a junky S13 and be "The man" but you put one on a Honda and you are a ricer? Think about it.There are very few kitted 240s, much less 240s done right that i give props to, most of those are reserved to the professional (FD, D1 etc.) cars, but for the most part, a kit on a 240 is usually as much rice as it is on the honda

wOZrally
05-18-2008, 11:45 AM

x2 barrett is gay gay gay

.blank cd
05-18-2008, 11:48 AM
Barrett? If you don't know by now that Barret is the mecca of rice, then you've not been around cars at all. Barret has been the bottom feeder since the 1990s. Later, QD.Oh, im well aware, its been like that since i've been going out there, but to Barretts defense, there has in the recent years been a more mature group of people hanging out there, most of them from gecko, and some others. But we stay, for the most part, on the other end of the parking lot, as not to get hit by the flying uncle bens

Double_0_Rusty
05-18-2008, 11:54 AM
We don't really have this problem in Athens, as Echonova said. Bout the only ricers we have are the guys that show up on bikes in the parking lot next to Sonic, but they put on a good show.

jaystar
05-18-2008, 11:57 AM
I don't even think GA has a import scene jus a few nice cars here and there

.blank cd
05-18-2008, 12:02 PM
I don't even think GA has a import scene jus a few nice cars here and thereYeah. Im moving to cali

jaystar
05-18-2008, 12:25 PM
im from miami and our scene is almost like cali i moved here thinking it would be better then miami but god was i wrong smh

BTLFED
05-18-2008, 12:26 PM
im from miami and our scene is almost like cali i moved here thinking it would be better then miami but god was i wrong smh

The "scene" used to be bad ass around here years ago. It's garbage now.

eViLMunkey
05-18-2008, 12:45 PM
Yeah you're talking mainly about HS rejects that put anything on their cars... and FYI the people "drifting" that you speak of in FWD cars I think you just mean e-brake slides since there is no control involved in what they are doing. and why dis those who own 240's most of them go to the events that are held, and how do you think drifting got started. :slap:

jaystar
05-18-2008, 12:55 PM

yea i know i came up here back in the 2003-2004 it was nice then from the lil i saw

Reaper
05-18-2008, 02:08 PM

Atlanta USED to be known for having a badass "scene"...now it just blows..Miami is really cool, and when I went to Tampa everywhere I turned there was an exotic or a fully built something lol it was awesome! I haven't been to the Varsity meet in over a year just because of the stupid azz ricers..

TheDarkRacer
05-18-2008, 11:52 PM
I wish i was drivin when the "scene" was popin...
~TDR

slostang
05-18-2008, 11:59 PM
I wish i was drivin when the "scene" was popin...
~TDR

x2

Tank
05-19-2008, 12:16 AM
This import modding thing has gotten way out of hand. I look around and all i see is rice 90% of the time. Kids, even grown ass men runnin around in beat up stock cars, steel wheels, with a loud ass fart can mufflers that protrude at least 12'' from the bumper of the car and $4000 worth of useless car audio. Then these same people wanna drift their front wheel drive cars around parking lots and then wonder why the police always come around and kick everyone out. The same people i see every time mashing the gas making all kinda noise and trying to see if they can get to 100 before they reach the end of the parking lot. Every time i see it i just pray that they run their sh!t into the side of a curb and bend up some control arms and subframe braces

and speaking of drifting. All of you bandwagon 240 owners need to realize that 99.99999% of you will not be the next Tanner Foust or Rhys Millen, ESPECIALLY if you do some of the things as described above. If you think you are the next Vaughn Gitten Jr. or Sam Hubinette, by all means, please prove it to me at a drift event, not at the parking lot of your local hangout spot. cause i swear if even an asphat chip so much as jumps out from between your tires and the road and lands on and scratches the paint that I work so feverantly to make shine, you will have a strong aftertaste of nubuck and pavement for a long time time to come if you know what i mean

Wasnt there a time when the guys who loved cars were all, for the most part, mature? I know when I go to the Year One-style meets, or the ol' skool domestic show offs, never once have i seen a Stingray, or a '32 roadster blazing tires the parking lot, or doing donuts and drfiting around an island, narrowly missing innocent bystanders. So why perpetuate the bad name that we as the next generation tuners or enthusists have? Theres a reason why a clean 57 chevy and a 99 civic can get pulled over doing the same exact thing. the chevy owner drives away scott-free and the civic owner gets the book thrown at him. Think about it

has it gotten that bad in the A

man
05-19-2008, 01:53 AM
The reason is its (the scene's) popularity, plain and simple.

.blank cd
05-19-2008, 03:49 PM
has it gotten that bad in the AYes. Think of the scene in cali and miami, maybe hawaii, then picture the opposite of that. That picture represents 60% of barrett pkwy on fri/sat nights, 30% would be the lifted gas guzzling trailer-pullers, then the other 10% is decent, clean builds and respectable car guys

man
05-19-2008, 04:47 PM
Yes. Think of the scene in cali and miami, maybe hawaii, then picture the opposite of that. That picture represents 60% of barrett pkwy on fri/sat nights, 30% would be the lifted gas guzzling trailer-pullers, then the other 10% is decent, clean builds and respectable car guys

pretty much

Ran
05-19-2008, 04:58 PM
Cali this, Miami that, blah blah blah. Think about where you are. Atlanta isn't exactly the retirement home of the Southeast. Of course you see exotics and built cars on the coasts. They're either retired and loaded or kids leeching off daddy's bank account. We don't have that here, plain and simple. The people in the area create the scene. When 70% of your population is lower-middle class you should probably expect a bunch of inbred retards. Ignore the "scene" and just find a good group of friends with whom you can hang out with and tune tastefully.

jaystar
05-19-2008, 07:48 PM
^ummm no sorry me coming from miami ppl jus build cars like there is no 2morrow. And i know some pretty sick cars in miami and none use there parents back account jus hard work. So if u never lived in Cali or Miami dont assume

BTLFED
05-19-2008, 08:03 PM
^ummm no sorry me coming from miami ppl jus build cars like there is no 2morrow. And i know some pretty sick cars in miami and none use there parents back account jus hard work. So if u never lived in Cali or Miami dont assume

I was born and raised in SoCal and to an extent Ran is correct. The problem is people don't just "hang out" anymore. Every ricer wants to just pile some cheap sh!t on their car and show how ignorant they are by fake drifting, burnouts, etc. No one wants to pay for good sh!t and build a bad ass car when they can get fake garbage for cheaper (Read: Ebay mods, Rota Wheels, etc.). Everybody thinks they can get a steak dinner for taco bell prices buy buying fake crap. It doesn't work that way.

jumpin800agl
05-19-2008, 08:14 PM
I hate rice. I enjoy talking with real car guys and looking at nicely done cars. I seldom get that around here. I don't want to talk about what new neon lights to put on your ride,etc. Rice= FAIL. oh and they need to stop reving their fart cans when passing me or n the vicinity of me at a red light. The southside is definitely 90% rice unfortunately.

Friggintitsman
05-19-2008, 09:02 PM
tl/dr

3.5altman
05-19-2008, 10:13 PM
x2 on thread! what happened to the stock and drop days??? im jdm til I die! ha ha

01CDMLUDER
05-22-2008, 02:35 AM
damn ebay!!

csmiths
05-23-2008, 11:29 PM
barrett can be really really lame at times, but no matter what happens. some ppl will always think that what they do to their cars are cool, even if it is the most ugly body kit you can get. you cant get rid of it. plus everyone has diff opinions of what is clean and what is not. but i agree with blank cd, there are a few cool ppl at barrett, you being one of them, but most ppl there fly up and down walmart and ****. i dont even go there anymore. just go to starbucks, and avoid all that ****.

BKgen®
05-23-2008, 11:32 PM
i don't wanna hear any of you noobs complain about ricers until you come spend a little time up in Gainesville aka little Mexico.

jeezus it's ridiculous.

csmiths
05-23-2008, 11:35 PM
i don't wanna hear any of you noobs complain about ricers until you come spend a little time up in Gainesville aka little Mexico.

jeezus it's ridiculous.

lol haha

.blank cd
05-24-2008, 01:06 AM
This just in, I am out to change the Barrett Pkwy scene. Those few of us out there who are cool and dont do ricer FWD drifts (or RWD drifts for that matter)and blare your music out of your stock systems w/ just tweeters deserve to have a spot to chill and observe and talk shop without your life being at risk of some dumbass integra coming around a corner at 90mph understeering into your torso. Those of you will be hearing from me. and you shall spread the word and together we can leave the ricers at walmart.

csmiths
05-24-2008, 01:08 AM
This just in, I am out to change the Barrett Pkwy scene. Those few of us out there who are cool and dont do ricer FWD drifts (or RWD drifts for that matter)and blare your music out of your stock systems w/ just tweeters deserve to have a spot to chill and observe and talk shop without your life being at risk of some dumbass integra coming around a corner at 90mph understeering into your torso. Those of you will be hearing from me. and you shall spread the word and together we can leave the ricers at walmart.

i hope you find a good spot, and i hope you send me the message:ninja: . but yea we just dont go to walmart no more, starbucks is straight, bc its just the ppl we know that go and no stupid **** goes on there thank god.

.blank cd
05-24-2008, 01:11 AM
oh i have a good spot in mind. better lighting too. I may even get permission from the business to be there and the cops wont be all over us. You'll get the msg. might not give it to you on here, may be too sensitive. very classified information. for eyes only

.blank cd
05-24-2008, 01:12 AM
btw i hate starbucks cause the damn security guard stands around and tells everyone you have to go sit by starbucks or go home

csmiths
05-24-2008, 01:20 AM
sounds good man, yea the security guard is a ****, but we just go chill outside at starbucks and its fine. its a hell of alot better then having cobbs finest harass you at walmart. last time the cops came there he was going to give me another stupid ass exhaust ticket, along with everyone else. but whatever im not going there any more, there is no point. and def get permission so we wont get any trouble. and get that **** in writing. haha.

.blank cd
05-24-2008, 01:21 AM
:ninja:

csmiths
05-24-2008, 01:36 AM
so how long until the unveiling, estimated??????????

man
05-24-2008, 02:21 AM

I been thinking something very similar... Something I would rather not even post on here.

ATL96LX
05-24-2008, 07:32 AM
x2 barrett is gay gay gay

people still go out to barrett?

blazin'
05-24-2008, 08:33 AM

jeezus it's ridiculous.

SO TRUE!

BTLFED
05-24-2008, 08:34 AM

This just in: You are trying what MANY other people have tried. I don't see it working. It hasn't before.

90_ACCORD
05-24-2008, 08:39 AM
i kno exactly what your talking bout

ATL96LX
05-24-2008, 08:44 AM
i miss the old days hangin out in the costco parking lot that was the ****!

quickdodge®
05-24-2008, 09:06 AM
^^^^ Huh? Later, QD.

BTLFED
05-24-2008, 09:06 AM
i miss the old days hangin out in the costco parking lot that was the ****!

The "Old days in the costco parking lot?" :umno:

The Old days are when we used to hang out BEFORE there was a Costco on Barrett. Or US Play. Or D!cks Sporting Goods. And when it wasn't called the "Starbucks" Parking lot because there was no such thing but there was a Baskin Robbins in that parking lot.

rupertaker
05-24-2008, 10:08 AM

The Old days are when we used to hang out BEFORE there was a Costco on Barrett. Or US Play. Or D!cks Sporting Goods. And when it wasn't called the "Starbucks" Parking lot because there was no such thing but there was a Baskin Robbins in that parking lot.

blah.

I just remember coming up here in 2002-03 to visit Allen and hanging out on Barrett. On any given Friday or Saturday it was a circus with cars everywhere. Lots of fast LS1 cars. Half a dozen supras. Lots of racing.

now its just junk everywhere I look.

quickdodge®
05-24-2008, 10:32 AM

The REAL old days were the 99-00 years when the Big Chicken was the meet up. Barrett from the late 90s til the present has always just been a haven for suck. Later, QD.

Echonova
05-24-2008, 10:36 AM
I remember the REAL REAL old days, when I was skinny and Steven Papadakis was fat.

"ridge"racer
05-24-2008, 06:47 PM
ricers, god they make me laugh, they wouldnt know a clean ride if it pimp slapped them in the face. its funny tho, autozone is making a killing!

ixlr8
05-24-2008, 10:05 PM
The varsity is starting to get lame. I don't enjoy it there as I did before.

Echonova
05-24-2008, 11:14 PM
ricers, god they make me laugh, they wouldnt know a clean ride if it pimp slapped them in the face. its funny tho, autozone is making a killing!Yours is the only 8th Gen that has made me want another Honda. Reps when I'm sober.

BTLFED
05-25-2008, 10:56 AM
The REAL old days were the 99-00 years when the Big Chicken was the meet up. Barrett from the late 90s til the present has always just been a haven for suck. Later, QD.

I used to go to the Big Chicken/K-mart meets too. I thought he was just talking about Barrett.

BTLFED
05-25-2008, 11:00 AM
ricers, god they make me laugh, they wouldnt know a clean ride if it pimp slapped them in the face. its funny tho, autozone is making a killing!

And most people these days over use the word "Clean" when it doesn't even apply to the vehicle so most people who think they aren't ricers still don't know what "clean" truly means. :rolleyes:

.blank cd
05-25-2008, 01:30 PM
I used to go to the Big Chicken/K-mart meets too. I thought he was just talking about Barrett.Barrett was the inspiration, but im just talking about the half-assed-ness in build quality and the idiots that come with them in general. A lot of folks buy junked up cars, throw a motor in it in their basement and say they're done. Though it still looks and performs, in some cases, worse than original.

green91
05-25-2008, 07:01 PM
dude this argument has been repeated over and over for like 4-5 years now. to many people building their cars to try and impress other people rather than doing what they want for themselves, people being stupid and mostly uncreative.

most of us will never be race car drivers, so by your argument why bother building a car?

.blank cd
05-25-2008, 07:23 PM
race cars are one thing, the stuff that people drive on the weekends and daily drive is another. Sure if you have a race team and a bare shell of an EG. by all means build it to race. And sure, do whatever you wanna do with the car, but be tasteful, and do it right, and dont half-ass what you do, and finish what you do.

TheDarkRacer
05-25-2008, 08:49 PM
race cars are one thing, the stuff that people drive on the weekends and daily drive is another. Sure if you have a race team and a bare shell of an EG. by all means build it to race. And sure, do whatever you wanna do with the car, but be tasteful, and do it right, and dont half-ass what you do, and finish what you do.

Reps for that statement!
~TDR

green91
05-25-2008, 08:56 PM
Do you think people set out to make their car intentionally ugly though? No, they build then how they like.

quickdodge®
05-25-2008, 09:05 PM
people being stupid and mostly uncreative.

The problem lies there. When everyone is buying the same car that everyone else has, it's hard as hail to be creative. Later, QD.

.blank cd
05-25-2008, 09:09 PM
Do you think people set out to make their car intentionally ugly though? No, they build then how they like.Of course not, but like i said, people do what they do and say "done" and its half assed and some stuff just doesnt make sense!

Case in point: Theres a 2004 Pontiac Vibe out here in Kennesaw, rattlecan black paint job. stop right there. im not even gonna go on to the other tasteless mods on this car. more than likely the thing isnt even out of warranty yet, and most likely not even paid for!!! what was the point? to make it worse, it looks like he did it in 30 minutes. Imagine if you will a WHITE 2004 Pontiac Vibe rattlecanned black w/ walmart spray cans in 30 min. Can you imagine what that looks like? So maybe he likes the flat black color. Save up some coin, take it to your local body shop and have it done professionaly so that when it rains, it doesnt bleed off. See what i mean?

And that is just one example of many cars ive seen with the lack of creativity, and the lack of common sense when it comes to this