PDA

View Full Version : Aftermarket Motor Mounts???

bRiAnMcIvIcS
05-17-2008, 11:13 PM
I was thinking about getting some Innovative 60A(street) billet motor mounts for my 99' civic Si because mine are fuct. Do you guys recommend any other company? Do all aftermarket motor mounts make the dash/car shake at idle??? Or do you guys think i should just get some OEM honda motor mounts?
Lmk IA.:goodjob:

SixSquared
05-17-2008, 11:29 PM
Innovative is tits. Lifetime warranty, no questions asked. They've sponsored a few of my cars, and I love them. Cheaper and better than Hasport IMO

teh_mugen18
05-17-2008, 11:30 PM
Just depends what you like. If you like more power to the wheels and dont mind your dash vibrating, then go ahead and get some aftermarkets. If that happens to annoy you, then go with OEM's. Personal Preference man...

Barefoot
05-18-2008, 01:21 AM
any solid mount u put in will vibrating like a bitch. i use both Innovative and Hasport no issues.

SixSquared
05-18-2008, 01:23 AM
It rattles because of sheer POWAAAAAAAAA

lol.

But seriously... say goodbye to the days of tossing your phone on the dash and it staying.

And say hello to the days of "baby I promise.. I know we do it in the backseat all the time, but trust me... just lean riiiiight here...."

slostang
05-18-2008, 01:40 AM
I've always got oem ones and taped off one side and filled them up with thick window caulking, let them sit for a day to dry and presto, diy stiff motor mounts.

SixSquared
05-18-2008, 01:55 AM
^^That is because you are a ricer.

slostang
05-18-2008, 01:58 AM
^^That is because you are a ricer.

el ohh elll, it works and its inexpensive. I can't help that. :2cents:

SixSquared
05-18-2008, 02:03 AM
But unless you have an engine that warrants it, why even spend the $6 on window caulk? I can understand aftermarket mounts on stock engines, because I'm a show whore. A little extra bling never hurt anyone. I understand aftermarket mounts on performance cars, obviously. But if your engine is more or less stock, which I'm assuming yours is, then why bother? You're obviously not a show whore, since if you were you would be polishing or painting your stock ones. I doubt your engine is putting out enough power to justify doing that.... and if you have a mount with a cracked silicone area, then spend the $6 at a pullapart and get a new mount.

Just because something "works" and is inexpensive doesn't mean it should be relied on. Or done.

slostang
05-18-2008, 02:08 AM
^^^ g-dam, if you would see how its done you would understand

go to the diy section of www.civic-eg.com

bRiAnMcIvIcS
05-18-2008, 02:14 AM

lol.

But seriously... say goodbye to the days of tossing your phone on the dash and it staying.

And say hello to the days of "baby I promise.. I know we do it in the backseat all the time, but trust me... just lean riiiiight here...."

You so crazy!

Barefoot
05-18-2008, 07:19 AM
^^That is because you are a ricer.putting ricers in there place since 1984

SixSquared
05-18-2008, 11:23 AM
^^^ g-dam, if you would see how its done you would understand

go to the diy section of www.civic-eg.com

I know exactly how it works. I had to fix a motor mount in a pinch on the way home from a show and I filled it with caulk so I could limp my car home. In an emergency situation like that, sure, it works. But as far as intentionally doing that to my mounts? No thanks.

OP - Go with innovative. They have a great warranty and they're great people to work with.

bRiAnMcIvIcS
05-18-2008, 01:16 PM
I know exactly how it works. I had to fix a motor mount in a pinch on the way home from a show and I filled it with caulk so I could limp my car home. In an emergency situation like that, sure, it works. But as far as intentionally doing that to my mounts? No thanks.

OP - Go with innovative. They have a great warranty and they're great people to work with.

Thanks for the info, I probably will get the billet black anodized mounts, thats cool that they have a lifetime warranty also and no-tear vibration minimizing bushings.

If i get the 60a street mounts that should keep the vibrations to a minimum right??? I don't really wanna get them a hate them,
ya know?

SixSquared
05-18-2008, 01:21 PM
I've never really noticed the vibrations that badly.. but then again the last time I was using them was in a lowered del Sol with no powersteering, so I felt every bump on the road anyways. I like cars that ride like go-karts, so I didn't think a thing about it. They're doing the mounts for my nissan, too.. gotta get rough ones fabbed up then send them off to them for a pretty final result (Ford 5.0 v8 into a nissan 240sx)

dkjohnson04
05-18-2008, 02:26 PM
I've never really noticed the vibrations that badly.. but then again the last time I was using them was in a lowered del Sol with no powersteering, so I felt every bump on the road anyways. I like cars that ride like go-karts, so I didn't think a thing about it. They're doing the mounts for my nissan, too.. gotta get rough ones fabbed up then send them off to them for a pretty final result (Ford 5.0 v8 into a nissan 240sx)

i dont even like fords but that is gonna be one fun car^^^^^^^^ :crazy::goodjob:

sorry to thread whore.......lol

slostang
05-18-2008, 02:33 PM

that's gonna be nice! I've seen a few 240s with ls1 motors in them.

SixSquared
05-18-2008, 02:41 PM
^^I looked at doing an LS1, but honestly, for as much as that would have cost (about $6500 with the motor in and running), I can build a 302 that not only revs higher but will walk a stock/lightly modded LS1.

And besides... You can't say "Rollin.. in my LS1 with my ragtop down so my hair can blow"... Everyone knows it's "Rollin.. in my 5.0" teehee.

MistaCee
05-18-2008, 03:01 PM

lol.

LIRL! QFT

slostang
05-18-2008, 03:01 PM
^^I looked at doing an LS1, but honestly, for as much as that would have cost (about $6500 with the motor in and running), I can build a 302 that not only revs higher but will walk a stock/lightly modded LS1.

And besides... You can't say "Rollin.. in my LS1 with my ragtop down so my hair can blow"... Everyone knows it's "Rollin.. in my 5.0" teehee.

yeah they are expensive, plus you will have one of the original 2fordys... lmao