PDA

View Full Version : anyone with laptop knowledge?

dohc4.6sc
05-17-2008, 07:12 PM
i have had my laptop for about a year now, it was givin to me for free cause my aunt didnt want it anymore. well the screen doesnt work and it never bothered me cause i just plugged a moniter in and used it like that. well i called a computer shop today and asked what it could possibly be. the guy told me it was most likely the lcd invertor. i found one for like 25 bucks and i am just wondering how hard these things are to install. and oh btw i can still see the laptop screen its just very very faint, you can only see the screen on the laptop if the page is all white pretty much. reps for good answers.

4dmin
05-17-2008, 08:09 PM
i have never installed one but i can't imagine it being that hard if you are mechanically inclined... talk to drifter mike or atif on the boards

dohc4.6sc
05-17-2008, 10:11 PM
thanks admin, bump.

gforce23
05-17-2008, 11:06 PM
It seems like a usual case of thermal shutdown. Replacement isn't terribly difficult. Basically, you have to disassemble the laptop by removing all the screws that hold the frame to the LCD in order to get to the inverter that sits right underneath the screen or to the side of it. Remove the screen and mobo connectors from the inverter, plug in a new one and follow the reverse process to put everything back together. Just confirm compatibility with your notebook since there is more than one plug connector design on the market.

EDIT:
Detailed pictorial instructions can be found here:
http://www.fonerbooks.com/laptop_5.htm