PDA

View Full Version : spectra chrome

jdmdb8itr
05-17-2008, 01:49 AM
spectra chrome

just wondering what you think about this. spray on chrome, idk. seems like it would be awsome and a great little money maker kit. anyone ever heard anything about it or even got anything done.

SixSquared
05-17-2008, 06:57 PM
I'm sponsored by Alsa, the company that makes it. What do you want to know about it? If you're asking if it works? Yes, it does. If it's convincing as chrome? Depends on the painter who does it and how good the spray is. It's very thin paint that dries quickly and you spray a lot of layers on. Any imperfections in prep will show. I wouldn't recommend it for anything "daily", like wheels, valve covers, etc. It's pretty much for trailer queen show cars.

jdmdb8itr
05-19-2008, 01:36 AM
so you can do it? if so let me know. i would like to get some parts done if you can. let me know

SixSquared
05-19-2008, 06:45 AM
No... I have my body guy do all my paint. I don't really use the chrome... all my parts that appear "chromed" are polished.

jdmdb8itr
05-25-2008, 12:12 AM
so your painter can do it then. if so how much does he charge

SixSquared
05-25-2008, 12:13 AM
id have to ask him. Depends on what it is and how much prepwork it needs

jdmdb8itr
05-25-2008, 12:18 AM
well, what i need is, hood hinge and spring, both sides. off a 66 elcamino. the parts are chrome but it has rusted off alot of it. and maybe the hood latch and striker

The BUCKY
05-25-2008, 12:35 AM
cheaper to just get it redipped.

The BUCKY
05-25-2008, 12:35 AM
I'm sponsored by Alsa, the company that makes it. What do you want to know about it? If you're asking if it works? Yes, it does. If it's convincing as chrome? Depends on the painter who does it and how good the spray is. It's very thin paint that dries quickly and you spray a lot of layers on. Any imperfections in prep will show. I wouldn't recommend it for anything "daily", like wheels, valve covers, etc. It's pretty much for trailer queen show cars.

what kind of sponsorship to you have.

jdmdb8itr
05-25-2008, 12:37 AM
the cheapest to redip it i found was $400, i dont want to pay that much, and that was just for the hood hinge and springs