PDA

View Full Version : h22 auto in a civic hatch?

iridebmx
05-17-2008, 12:46 AM
is this swap possible without anything 'too' custom? or is the transmission to big?
i live in the city and i dont like stick at all so if i could do this it'd be great.

h22a w/ auto transmisson inside a civic eg?

dont turn this into a just get manual thread because IM NOT going manual ever.

thanks in advance

Barefoot
05-18-2008, 01:16 AM
gl

SixSquared
05-18-2008, 01:18 AM
why the hell wouldn't you go manual? Afraid of better gas mileage and less problems? Or are you scared of all the torquey madness that hondas are known for?

KA98S10
05-18-2008, 01:21 AM
anythings possible.. the transmission will fit with some custom work.. what would you consider to be too custom?

osnap
05-18-2008, 01:22 AM
dont turn this into a just get manual thread because IM NOT going manual ever.get manual.

SixSquared
05-18-2008, 01:24 AM
dont turn this into a just get manual thread because IM NOT going to man up and learn how to actually drive a car

thanks in advance

Fixed :taun:

osnap
05-18-2008, 01:25 AM
lol emily stop bashing the noob.

February 9, 1991

^ under 18. so ban anyways.

SixSquared
05-18-2008, 01:28 AM
^^Why should I stop? He's gonna be banned anyways, so I might as well get my post count up :P

cactusEG
05-18-2008, 01:30 AM
^^Why should I stop? He's gonna be banned anyways, so I might as well get my post count up :P

Edit: NVM, he's screwed..

slostang
05-18-2008, 01:31 AM
the only problem I see would be finding an auto tranny mount for the swap.

so get manual.

SixSquared
05-18-2008, 01:33 AM
why not help ?

I'm waiting on his answer of why he doesn't want a manual before I do. I only give my help when it is well justified. Lazy left foot does not justify me coming down off my little pedestal and helping. :P

cactusEG
05-18-2008, 01:34 AM
I'm waiting on his answer of why he doesn't want a manual before I do. I only give my help when it is well justified. Lazy left foot does not justify me coming down off my little pedestal and helping. :P

Recheck my post...

SixSquared
05-18-2008, 01:43 AM
Recheck my post...

:goodjob: I don't mind helping people, but I have 2 rules before I do.

1 - it cannot be something easily googled... IE when someone asks the horsepower of a stock B18c1, it will render a smartass response coupled with "GOOGLE, NOOB"

2 - When it is something unjustified and/or plucked out of the sky as a "might do" that will never get done. When someone asks how to change their oil and then their next thread is "how possible is it to put a dodge viper motor into a geo storm?", I assume that they will never actually put a dodge viper motor into a geo storm, therefore I must laugh at them and remind them that before they can swap a motor they should probably learn how to change oil. However, if someone comes on and has done their research and is asking technical questions about putting in a dodge viper motor, I will help, because they are A - not relying solely on other's knowledge, and B - have put enough time into it that they just might be the next crazy sonofabitch on youtube with a dodge viper motor in a geo storm.

2a. I also don't answer questions about things that are unjustified. This thread falls into this category. If you have a motive for doing something, then let me know what it is. If you are just randomly wanting to pick my brain, I have other threads to waste my time in. So if mister OP Noob comes back in and gives some reasoning such as "I want to do an automatic swap because I would like to build the car for straight up drag racing, and am looking to build an auto trans that will handle the boost and stress of a 700whp honda", then I will help him, because it's true that in some cases, autos are better. Drag is one of them. Computers work faster than humans, no bones about it... and when big races depend on .001 seconds, you want all the advantage you can get. However, simply saying "I don't like driving a manual" is not (in my book) an acceptable reasoning for doing a lot of fabricating to fit an auto H22 in, and completely destroys the purpose of swapping in a motor that big in the first place.

Long story short - OP, go home.

Barefoot
05-18-2008, 07:39 AM
:goodjob: I don't mind helping people, but I have 2 rules before I do.

1 - it cannot be something easily googled... IE when someone asks the horsepower of a stock B18c1, it will render a smartass response coupled with "GOOGLE, NOOB"

2 - When it is something unjustified and/or plucked out of the sky as a "might do" that will never get done. When someone asks how to change their oil and then their next thread is "how possible is it to put a dodge viper motor into a geo storm?", I assume that they will never actually put a dodge viper motor into a geo storm, therefore I must laugh at them and remind them that before they can swap a motor they should probably learn how to change oil. However, if someone comes on and has done their research and is asking technical questions about putting in a dodge viper motor, I will help, because they are A - not relying solely on other's knowledge, and B - have put enough time into it that they just might be the next crazy sonofabitch on youtube with a dodge viper motor in a geo storm.

2a. I also don't answer questions about things that are unjustified. This thread falls into this category. If you have a motive for doing something, then let me know what it is. If you are just randomly wanting to pick my brain, I have other threads to waste my time in. So if mister OP Noob comes back in and gives some reasoning such as "I want to do an automatic swap because I would like to build the car for straight up drag racing, and am looking to build an auto trans that will handle the boost and stress of a 700whp honda", then I will help him, because it's true that in some cases, autos are better. Drag is one of them. Computers work faster than humans, no bones about it... and when big races depend on .001 seconds, you want all the advantage you can get. However, simply saying "I don't like driving a manual" is not (in my book) an acceptable reasoning for doing a lot of fabricating to fit an auto H22 in, and completely destroys the purpose of swapping in a motor that big in the first place.

Long story short - OP, go home.sounds like some good reasons to me.

Bruce Leroy
05-18-2008, 08:36 AM

so get manual.

making a mount is cake...

wiring might be more of a problem

southside
05-18-2008, 08:44 AM
THIS THREAD IS POINTLESS THIS GUY IS like 16 CHECK HIS PROFILE

SixSquared
05-18-2008, 09:11 AM
^^ as I said... Since dude is gonna be banned anyways, I might as well bump my post count :)

Barefoot
05-18-2008, 09:19 PM
THIS THREAD IS POINTLESS THIS GUY IS like 16 CHECK HIS PROFILE so what he has a dream. an as retard as that dream is its his.

lol na fuck that im waiting on the ban myself.

.::UNKNOWN::.
05-18-2008, 10:34 PM

so get manual. wrong the mounts are exactly the same with bolt holes the only difference is the auto will not accept the motor mount inserts (i hvae a manuel swap i am working on.... and the transmission isn't much bigger so you will not have a problem... you just need to find out is the tanny computer will work with your wiring or do alot of wiring

Complete
05-18-2008, 10:47 PM
^^ as I said... Since dude is gonna be banned anyways, I might as well bump my post count :)

x2

slostang
05-18-2008, 10:50 PM
wrong the mounts are exactly the same with bolt holes the only difference is the auto will not accept the motor mount inserts (i hvae a manuel swap i am working on.... and the transmission isn't much bigger so you will not have a problem... you just need to find out is the tanny computer will work with your wiring or do alot of wiring

that's what I ment to say. :cheers:

Just_CHill
05-18-2008, 10:53 PM
Lol, good times.

slostang
05-18-2008, 11:02 PM
^^^ is that an apexi exhaust in a box in your eg6 in your sig?

Tech5
05-18-2008, 11:08 PM
H2B Auto swap lol

bigdare23
05-18-2008, 11:12 PM
I'm pretty sure someone has done it, just google it or look on Honda-tech for help.

Tech5
05-18-2008, 11:27 PM
lol