PDA

View Full Version : nearly killed by drunk driver this morn...

ahmonrah
08-18-2005, 08:32 PM
i was nearly killed this morning.

i'm sitting at the stop light at the intersection of south hairston and main street in Decatur.
it's about 2:30 in the morning and i'm heading home. while waiting for the light to turn green i see a car coming aroung the bend i just came around 5 minutes before doing a rediculous amount of speed(at least 65) i see he's in the left lane still accelerating (based on how he was closing on me at an increasing rate) and since i'm in the right i'm like "shit this guys flying fast, good thing he's in that lane."
as i watch him in the rear view my eyes dart to the light for cross traffic, it's green,then yellow. i look into the rear view he's about 300ft from me, still in his lane(left) i look back to the light, it goes from yellow to red for cross traffic. i look to see where he is , he's less than 200 ft from me but i see his lights cross the lanes and make a line for the back of my truck. i raise my foot to mash the throttle in an attempt to get out the way.........next thing i know i feel a huge pain at the bck of my head, i feel the somethings sharp cutting across my shouders and heat all aroung me. i feel myself tumbling, hear metal screeching against concrete, and suddenly i'm sideways hanging up by my seatbelt in an orange room.
it's hot and i look to realize my truck if completly engulfed in fire. i look up to my drivers door , there are flames licking up over the door ,which is pointed skyward. look at the hood of my truck and flames are there. look down to the passenger side door , i see grass and fire. i tried to get the seat belt undone, but i was susended with my foot trapped under the set and my weight was holding the belt tight. i feel heat at me face and told mysely "i'm not ding like this, not like this" and used my foot that was stuck under the seat to stand on while i worked to unlock the belt.
it finally gave way and since my head busted the rear glass upon impact i was able to get out by that twisted exit. that was this morning at 2:30 am. i'll post pics of the scene and what was left of my truck when i get home.

the guy that hit me was going 70 on a service street, DUI , illegal lane change, reckless endangerment. he was taken to jail .

before
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/498000-498999/498546_2.jpg http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/498000-498999/498546_14.jpg
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/6/web/498000-498999/498546_1.jpg

after.....

HyPer50
08-18-2005, 08:36 PM
Wow thats nuts man... glad your ok, good luck on getting a big settlement..

Cliff
dude that sucks...glad to hear you're still alive and i'm shocked you remember that much....got a concusion or anything?

Kevykev
Oh shit man that's very close to home bro, glad you're ok!

flysi00
08-18-2005, 08:41 PM
damn man thats sucks ass glad that u are ok

99ITRGIRL
08-18-2005, 08:44 PM
OMG!!! I'm sorry to hear that!! So glad your alright to tell the story!

civic95
08-18-2005, 08:45 PM
damn dude, glad you made it out!

Bishop
08-18-2005, 08:48 PM
WOW, glad to see another post from you! Hope that bastard gets what he deserves in the federal pound-me-in-the-ass prison

D16Civic
08-18-2005, 08:48 PM
holy crap
im sorry to hear that man, im glad u made it out ok

Marta Mike
08-18-2005, 08:51 PM
WOW!!!!! glad you are well and ok.....big money!

ahmonrah
08-18-2005, 09:13 PM
dude that sucks...glad to hear you're still alive and i'm shocked you remember that much....got a concusion or anything? i had a concussion, a sprained ankle and :lmfao: a bruised nipple from the seatbelt. a burn on my right shoulder from touching something that was hot on the truck. what happened comes back to my in waves, so up to the point of impaci i remember, but all the rest afterward has came in snippets.

ahmonrah
08-18-2005, 09:16 PM
Oh shit man that's very close to home bro, glad you're ok! yeag dog. if your at hairston park you'll see there my truck landed BEHIND the hairston park sign wall. just keep in mind i was heading TOWARDS redan road when it happened(SOUTHBOUND on S hairston.) the undercarriage of the truck was leaning against the opposite side of the wall(the burnt section)

5thgcelica
08-18-2005, 09:22 PM
dude.. holy shit. im glad you're opkay!

EmminoDaGreat
08-18-2005, 09:24 PM
damn good thing you got out, at least youll get something out of it ...

Repost Squintz
08-18-2005, 09:38 PM
dammmn lol at the bruised nipple LOL but shit, glad u made it out alright

chrisdavis
08-18-2005, 09:47 PM
WOW!!!! Glad youre ok

Brett
08-18-2005, 09:54 PM
Very glad you made it out, sorry you got hurt but glad the outcome was that and not loosing you.

boosted1jz
08-18-2005, 10:10 PM
glad ur still around!!!! damn thats fucked up!!!! what did he say to u when u finally got outta the truck???

chris

SLOWR/T
08-18-2005, 10:20 PM
DAMN!! glad to hear your ok

mp5o
08-18-2005, 10:42 PM
Thats a good reason why I dont drink.

Dr.G
08-18-2005, 11:02 PM
Very sorry to hear about your accident. From your description, it sounds like you are extremely fortunate to have only come away with a concussion and some bruises. I would still highly recommend that you follow up with some form of formal treatment/rehab. I handle alot of personal injury cases in my practice and I can tell you that the "true" effects resulting from a motor vehicle accident often do not arise for sometimes months or even years later. So please don't take it lightly that you were told by the ER that you "only" got a concussion, sprained ankle, etc., trust me, alot more happens than that in these type of accidents from a soft tissue standpoint. If you have any questions or need any assistance I'd be more than happy to help you out in anyway that I can, so feel free to contact me either through PM or you can reach me at my office at (770) 522-0070. I also network with a few of the top trial attorneys in Atlanta if you are considering seeking legal representation and uncertain who to contact.

ahmonrah
08-18-2005, 11:42 PM
glad ur still around!!!! damn thats fucked up!!!! what did he say to u when u finally got outta the truck???

chris
for about 1minute all i heard were screams....everyone that witnessed the crash and came on the scene a few seconds later thought i didnt make it outta the fire...as i was crawling away from the truck i heard people (men and women) yelling for eachother to get me outta the truck. one guy found me and pulled me further away from the fire. the guy that hit me walked up to me when the truck was fully ablaze and asked if i was driving the truck. i didnt have my glasses on(they and my hat were knocked off at the point of inmpact and i couldnt see) so i squinted at him and was like "yeah" he looked me up and down and said "bullshit! you werent driving the truck!!" and walked away.

ahmonrah
08-18-2005, 11:44 PM
Very sorry to hear about your accident. From your description, it sounds like you are extremely fortunate to have only come away with a concussion and some bruises. I would still highly recommend that you follow up with some form of formal treatment/rehab. I handle alot of personal injury cases in my practice and I can tell you that the "true" effects resulting from a motor vehicle accident often do not arise for sometimes months or even years later. So please don't take it lightly that you were told by the ER that you "only" got a concussion, sprained ankle, etc., trust me, alot more happens than that in these type of accidents from a soft tissue standpoint. If you have any questions or need any assistance I'd be more than happy to help you out in anyway that I can, so feel free to contact me either through PM or you can reach me at my office at (770) 522-0070. I also network with a few of the top trial attorneys in Atlanta if you are considering seeking legal representation and uncertain who to contact. thanks alot...i've tried to sleep but i can't i keep seeing the flames and feel the heat. trust me , the drugs wore off and i'm badrely able to sit comfortably so i'll be giving you a call in the daylight hours.

ahmonrah
08-18-2005, 11:46 PM
Thats a good reason why I dont drink.
that's the MAIN reason why if i do drink, i do it at home, when i KNOW i'm not going anywhere. and if friends drink at my home i take all their keys. that way i wont be making any jail,morgue or hospital visits.

lilgapeach
08-18-2005, 11:59 PM
Sorry bout the wreck but I am very glade you made it out alive.

ahmonrah
08-19-2005, 12:01 AM
Sorry bout the wreck but I am very glade you made it out alive.
thanks love...i'm happy to still be here. according to popular consensus, death by fire isnt the best way to go .:goodjob:

RandomGuy
08-19-2005, 12:02 AM
glad ur alright man

rickgiblin
08-19-2005, 12:05 AM
hey dude, sorry bout the ride, but atleast your ok. rides can always be replaced but lives cant. i think i speak for all of ia when i say thank god that your here to post another day. good luck and if you need anything let me know and ill try to help anyway possible.

1439/2000
08-19-2005, 12:05 AM
I'll I gotta say is $$$$$$$$$$$$$. You're lucky youre alive.

1439/2000
08-19-2005, 12:06 AM
thanks love...i'm happy to still be here. according to popular consensus, death by fire isnt the best way to go .:goodjob:

LOL I'm glad you didnt DIAF.

lilgapeach
08-19-2005, 12:26 AM
+1 for being a tuffie!!!! I wouldn't want to burn to death either lol

The Ren
08-19-2005, 01:53 AM
As far as what Doc said about problems not coming out till months later i can vouche for that.. Over a year later and im on surgury #4 for mine.. Im glad your alive.. sucks you lost your truck but we have you here and thats all that matters.. keep your head high hun.. he will get what he deserves.. and so will you.. Glad you alive and if you need anything.. Im here for ya

Pher
08-19-2005, 03:55 AM
Holy crap! When I started to read you story I expected a fender bender. I had no idea that the accident was going to get that serious.
Its absolutely amazing that you have nothing but a few marks much less survived.

Just goes to show how easily our life can be taken away from us. Im glad as Im sure the rest of us are that you are sill with us.

Let us know if we can be of any assistance.

ahmonrah
08-19-2005, 04:34 AM
thanks guys....now imma try to sleep again....:lmfao:

Scooby Pilot
08-19-2005, 08:01 AM
yeah Damn that sucks.... I have been on a few fender benders and totalled one car but it wasnt anything like that. Dumb asses...I think i would have knocked him the F out

ahmonrah
08-19-2005, 09:00 AM
.......cant believe this shit . i'm picking glass outta my nosebridge....jesus.

LeAnna
08-19-2005, 09:29 AM
WOW! You are very lucky!

ŁG2♣
08-19-2005, 09:56 AM
damn that must of suck....glad to hear that your okay...

trythefly
08-19-2005, 09:57 AM
wow thats intense man. Glad you are alright bro.

ALVIN
08-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Car Accidents suck complete ass! Glad your ok though and speaking from experience no matter how bad the wreck is you always have the drive to get the fuck out of dodge when here is a risk of you dieing. I had some good lawyers if you want their number i'll give it to you...they got me $4000 over the blue book on a 97 accord and got me my money from settlement. They only take 33.3% but thats good as hell for the money they get you...so if you want that number pm me and I'll send it to you.

ISAtlanta300
08-19-2005, 04:44 PM
Man u are one lucky mofo !!! God must love you very much and was looking out for you man.. Glad you made it out ok. I would not want to think of what would have happened if you were knocked unconscious..

Very glad to still have u here posting...

I tell u... it's time to get PAID now !! $$$$$$

Kalifornia087
08-19-2005, 05:08 PM
somebody is watching out for you man... glad to hear you are ok...

PhatbacK
08-19-2005, 05:11 PM
damn dude thats crazy. i know i dont really know u but im glad ur ok. and like Kalifornia said above me...u def. got angels watchin over u

Spyder
08-19-2005, 05:29 PM
Holy Shit that is nuts! glad you made it out, they must have hit the gas tank just right to cause that kind of explosion.

collins
08-19-2005, 05:35 PM
well i must say my first thoughts have been stated by almost everybody in this thread. that is a SERIOUS impact, and fire to add to it. count your blessings, my man. like you, i'm lucky to be here also. back in my senior year of hs, i hit a guardrail head on at somewhere over 95mph. since then, i've made the most of life. no matter the situation, it could always be worse. i guess that contributes to my constant "good outlook" on things. good luck with your settlements and doctor visits. i hope and pray there's not something seriously damaged after that. like pher said, if theres anything IA can do for ya, just holla. we're all family here.

ahmonrah
08-20-2005, 01:50 AM
'preciate it. oh and thanks DOC G. !!

ahmonrah
08-22-2005, 09:15 PM
Dear friend,that was god with you.

redlinenprelude
08-22-2005, 09:43 PM
wow man.. glad your ok!

ahmonrah
08-23-2005, 12:18 AM
someone took over my shit .....how the helll that happen ? thanks for the message though.

B16a2 Civic
08-23-2005, 09:24 AM
damn homie, i just now saw this thread, im so glad your okay, i had read tha other post about tha police report...hope that dude gets whats commin to him, again gld your alive and with us dawg

dwnsthGABOY
08-23-2005, 09:31 AM
Damn man glad u are still alive to tell the tale. Jesus that sucks, and the turck was clean as hell. LOL!!!

On_Her_Face
07-08-2006, 03:58 PM
HOLY FUCK.

BTLFED
07-08-2006, 04:01 PM
Now this is an old thread LOL

On_Her_Face
07-08-2006, 04:03 PM
Now this is an old thread LOL

lol ya.. i saw the link from another wreck.. and damn it is old!

The Ninja
07-08-2006, 04:13 PM
fuck....i almost wish it was me...cuz i'd be gettin a new supra after that....>.>....glad to hear u made it out alive...

The Golden Child
07-08-2006, 05:07 PM
this was back in august of 05 but either way ..
if i was in that kind of situation ..
id be glad i made it out alive ..

2.0civic
07-08-2006, 05:09 PM
Nolimitsteveo, your avatar used to be my IL avatar. lol, i saw that shit and i was LMAO for a good 30 seconds

The Golden Child
07-08-2006, 08:59 PM
yea i was laughing so hard when i saw i couldnt resist ..

theres nothing more funnier ( is that a word ?? ) than a purple hippo spanking air .. LIRL !!!