PDA

View Full Version : Misc Another dating rant

tony
05-12-2008, 11:38 AM
How important is your mates intelligence? I'm having a bit of a dilema with dating.. having grown up with 3 older sisters who are very smart.. I guess it set a standard for me in what I look for in a woman.

I'm willing to sacrifice on looks (slightly) if I could find a woman that can carry an intelligent conversation, but lately the women I meet seem to be narrow minded.. clubs, reality shows, etc. Is it asking too much to want a woman that is willing to pick up a book every once in a while? (A book with a non fiction theme to it)

Intelligence on a competency level and not so much academic.

Sammich
05-12-2008, 11:43 AM
i agree...smarts/intelligence is a must..dumb blondes or those w/ dumb blonde mentailty ftl

stillaneon
05-12-2008, 11:59 AM
Intelligence is way more important than looks. I mean looks are great but I need someone who can keep up with the conversation.... I dont want to lose braincells over trying to explain simple concepts.

But whats better is a girl who knows cars and music (my two favorite things)

ironchef
05-12-2008, 12:02 PM
Intelligence is way more important than looks. I mean looks are great but I need someone who can keep up with the conversation.... I dont want to lose braincells over trying to explain simple concepts.

But whats better is a girl who knows cars and music (my two favorite things)Agreed, sadly in the reverse women don't feel the same way. I've been "snubbed" off by several women, just cause I don't have 3% body fat and a 10 pack lol, yet I pack more brain power than they do haha.

bandydesign
05-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Yah, there is nothing more important IMO. Next, they have to be supportive of what I like; my hobbies(cars, catch my drifto?) and my career goals. I don't want to give up all looks for that tho lol. Then, if they are funny/good personality, you got a winner. Eye candy is nice every once in a while, just don't marry it.

bandydesign
05-12-2008, 12:05 PM
Agreed, sadly in the reverse women don't feel the same way. I've been "snubbed" off by several women, just cause I don't have 3% body fat and a 10 pack lol, yet I pack more brain power than they do haha.

I wish I knew the answer to that one:rolleyes:

MistaCee
05-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Yah, there is nothing more important IMO. Next, they have to be supportive of what I like; my hobbies(cars, catch my drifto?) and my career goals. I don't want to give up all looks for that tho lol. Then, if they are funny/good personality, you got a winner. Eye candy is nice every once in a while, just don't marry it.

Why not?

(To stay on topic.)

Conversation to me is an important part of a relationship, if you can't hold a conversation with me other than your hair, clubbing, friends, etc. I'll most likely just keep as a friend. As far as a gf she needs to be able to hold a conversation.. Looks are equally important to me, if I'm not attracted to the person whats the point?:2cents:

Sammich
05-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Why not?

X2 THERE ARE RARE OCCASIONS WHERE U CAN HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO IF U KNOW WHAT I MEAN

MistaCee
05-12-2008, 12:14 PM
X2 THERE ARE RARE OCCASIONS WHERE U CAN HAVE YOUR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO IF U KNOW WHAT I MEAN

Lol. Usually people who say they don't want to marry eye candy is because they think they can't hold it down.

Sammich
05-12-2008, 12:14 PM
Lol. Usually people who say they don't want to marry eye candy is because they think they can't hold it down.

and the truth shall set u free:lmfao:

bandydesign
05-12-2008, 12:16 PM
lol sheesh, I just would rather look for some personality first, I never said they had to be ugly!

MistaCee
05-12-2008, 12:17 PM
lol sheesh, I just would rather look for some personality first, I never said they had to be ugly!

True but who ever said you can't have both:ninja:

bandydesign
05-12-2008, 12:18 PM
True but who ever said you can't have both:ninja:

Nobody! I agree man:goodjob:

ironchef
05-12-2008, 12:18 PM
True but who ever said you can't have both:ninja:Cause its so rare.

MistaCee
05-12-2008, 12:19 PM
Cause its so rare.

Thats true... But still young and have plenty of time to search.

Sammich
05-12-2008, 12:22 PM
indeed...

bandydesign
05-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Iz searchin...

Ran
05-12-2008, 12:28 PM
My girlfriend is a few years younger than me but a hell of a lot smarter and more motivated about things than I am. She took a sh*tload of debate and law classes in school so she can always confront me about things. It's kinda sad because we can get into an argument and she'll totally make me look f*cking retarded by the end of it.

bandydesign
05-12-2008, 12:29 PM
My girlfriend is a few years younger than me but a hell of a lot smarter and more motivated about things than I am. She took a sh*tload of debate and law classes in school so she can always confront me about things. It's kinda sad because we can get into an argument and she'll totally make me look f*cking retarded by the end of it.

Define "a few"

Ran
05-12-2008, 12:30 PM
Define "a few"4

I'm 23, she's 19.

bandydesign
05-12-2008, 12:33 PM
ok man, get in the books lol you cant let her one up you on smarts haha

Ran
05-12-2008, 12:36 PM
ok man, get in the books lol you cant let her one up you on smarts hahaNo joke. She's about to start working at a dentist office, so she'll be making more money than me too. :lmfao: :(

I'm about to start taking some business and accounting classes so I can open my own business though. We'll see how it pans out. :cheers:

bandydesign
05-12-2008, 12:37 PM
good luck to yah man!

0p7!mu5
05-19-2008, 09:59 PM
intelligence is a must. I cant stand folks who bore me i told my girl this off the rip like they have to be willing to go out and actually do **** other than end up in a mall or someplace boring and doing jack ****. I mean I have some problems like she's not into anime but that all i really ever watch or she likes art museums and goin to a park and i dont like eigther unless im physically doin **** but for the most part it pans out. One thing I hate about dating tho is attention whores. Like the girl you date who wants everyone to notice her and all girls in the vicinity to hate her. I cant stand them.

CRXchic19
05-24-2008, 12:20 PM
i wish i would have gotten in on this topic sooner, i havent been on IA in a while :(

Its nice to see that some guys actually look for an intelligent girl, though i'm not quite sure the age group of you all, as it seems to vary here on IA (i'm 21 btw). Eye candy is nice, its a nice thing for girls, too, to have that trophy boyfriend with a rocking body and killer smile. But over the years i guess ive grown out of it and cant seem to find a guy who can hold a decent conversation, or one who agrees that binge-drinking is not a sport.... Its hard to find a NORMAL guy who can enjoy an in-depth conversation on more than just the trivial day-to-day things , who can also hold his own on the soccer field (or whatever active sport he is into), and still go 1 on 1 at video games.

ok,ok, i'll get off my soapbox now...

i just find it kind of ironic, really :D

tony
05-24-2008, 12:30 PM
i wish i would have gotten in on this topic sooner, i havent been on IA in a while :(

Its nice to see that some guys actually look for an intelligent girl, though i'm not quite sure the age group of you all, as it seems to vary here on IA (i'm 21 btw). Eye candy is nice, its a nice thing for girls, too, to have that trophy boyfriend with a rocking body and killer smile. But over the years i guess ive grown out of it and cant seem to find a guy who can hold a decent conversation, or one who agrees that binge-drinking is not a sport.... Its hard to find a NORMAL guy who can enjoy an in-depth conversation on more than just the trivial day-to-day things , who can also hold his own on the soccer field (or whatever active sport he is into), and still go 1 on 1 at video games.

ok,ok, i'll get off my soapbox now...

i just find it kind of ironic, really :D

I'm sure there are a bunch of guys on this board that are like that and then some.. I don't buy it that there are a shortage of smart guys out here.

93Polo
05-27-2008, 03:26 PM
I agree the ability to hold a conversation goes a long way. The trophy girl firend is nice but you have to find a mix of both. The ones that have both and can handle being in a committed relationship go quick.

CRXChik at 21 good SO's are hard to find for the guys and the ladies. At that age I just wanted a good benefits package. At 30 I want something balanced and stable.