PDA

View Full Version : Misc Rationalizing things through "God"

tony
05-12-2008, 11:34 AM
I believe I started a thread on this subject before but its been a while. First off I don't want this to be an argument of whether god is real or not.

I am listening to a black radio show and they're talking about Obama and a lady calls in claiming to be some special prayer something or other.. anyway she says that God chose Obama to lead this country and that people like Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh is Satan at work.

Anyone who follows me here knows I am an avid supporter of Obama, I drove to NC to canvass for the campaign but bull**** like that works my nerves. I would consider myself to be deeply spiritual but I have a big problem with a christians who talk like this because everything is rationalized through the bible.. many of whom do not hold a good understanding of the bible itself.

Two things on the statement she made because its a pretty common theme on black talk radio. One, it goes against what Obama's campaign is about which is unifying and I hardly see cursing someones presence as the work of Satan as unity. 2nd.. isn't it contradictory in itself of being a christian to say something so negative about another person?

Just had to rant.

nreggie454
05-12-2008, 11:51 AM
I agree. There is nothing Christian about cursing somebody else or using the Bible as a weapon.

ironchef
05-12-2008, 11:52 AM
Whats your opinion on people who say its time for a black president when the black population is only about 15-20% of the entire population. Why can't it just be time for a good president, why does it necessarily have to be "black president". I guess what i'm getting at is why do people always bring a color into it, why cant they say its time for a "president like obama".

Sport1.3
05-12-2008, 11:54 AM
Praise Science

tony
05-12-2008, 11:57 AM
Whats your opinion on people who say its time for a black president when the black population is only about 15-20% of the entire population. Why can't it just be time for a good president, why does it necessarily have to be "black president". I guess what i'm getting at is why do people always bring a color into it, why cant they say its time for a "president like obama".

I'll be honest with you cause its frustrating. Barack gets this stigma that he gets the black vote because he's black but realize through ALL of his political career, even in Chicago Barack was questioned as to whether he was black enough.

I agree with you totally, support him because he's a good candidate and not because of the color of his skin. On the flip side look at the options blacks have, McCain who is republican and Hillary Clinton who had the black vote originally but due to her husbands comments in South Carolina and her abandonment of the black vote doesn't get support in the AA community.

Spektrewing386
05-12-2008, 12:45 PM
seperation of church and state :goodjob: