PDA

View Full Version : My first bike.

vTeC
05-11-2008, 07:27 PM
Decided to go with the R6S for my first ride. Insurance was 1/3 of what companies wanted for the R6. I've been doing pretty well, but I'm having her lowered 3 inches this week. I'm 5'2 and a fat ass so I can't back her up well with one foot. :(

She's an 08' RS6.

vTeC
05-11-2008, 07:47 PM
It's me.

Tarzanman
05-12-2008, 01:02 AM
Yeah, nice riding gear. An R6 is too much bike for a noob. Have run riding it slowly around turns and corners

Justin.
05-12-2008, 01:06 AM
Don't lower it, no need to back a bike up while your sitting on it, get off it, turn it around and ride it.

GIXXERDK
05-12-2008, 02:13 AM
Try shaving the seat before committing to lowering.

Cool Cat Racing
05-12-2008, 07:48 AM
I agree, lowering changes so much and makes it handle worse. Just back it up then get on it. And for your sake get some gear, you're going to die without it. I dropped a dirtbike on pavement about 15mph with just a T shirt on and removed a good bit of skin from my arm and legs.

vTeC
05-12-2008, 09:37 AM
I do have gear. I just hopped on the bike without it for a quick picture.

BLK JDM
05-12-2008, 09:43 AM
I hate to be that guy but you could have bought a used 02-03 R6 and you would've had the same bike for a lot cheaper. The R6S is just the past model brought back out b/c the new R6 is such a radical 600 that some people think it's too much!!

I think it's all relative when buying a bike on what's too much or too big of a 1st bike. I've seen people buy Busas as 1st bikes and they do great on them!! It's a case by case basis.

Oh and Nice Bike-Welcome to the Yamaha Family!! I'm a proud owner of a 06 R1!!

vTeC
05-12-2008, 09:45 AM
I hate to be that guy but you could have bought a used 02-03 R6 and you would've had the same bike for a lot cheaper. The R6S is just the past model brought back out b/c the new R6 is such a radical 600 that some people think it's too much!!

I think it's all relative when buying a bike on what's too much or too big of a 1st bike. I've seen people buy Busas as 1st bikes and they do great on them!! It's a case by case basis.

Oh and Nice Bike-Welcome to the Yamaha Family!! I'm a proud owner of a 06 R1!!

I agree. The issue I was having was finding a used bike at a dealership that I liked. I HAD to finance this and it wasn't so easy to get banks to finance a used bike for me. I appreciate the compliment though.

DieselNuts
05-12-2008, 10:08 AM
I agree with the folks that say DONT LOWER IT. You will destroy the handling characteristics of the bike.

iloveboost
05-12-2008, 10:10 AM
Cool bike! I just bought my first bike and I'm loving it also.

The Honda 1000RR sits so much lower than my R6 but I love the R6 styling.

Be safe out there.

LordZed
05-12-2008, 10:27 AM
I also agree on the riding gear. It is a MUST. Same with the lowering. Lower the seat height not the suspension.
As far as it being too much bike, it's all in how you twist that go stick man. Treat a bike like a loaded gun and you won't kill yourself. It's mainly other people you need to watch out for. I ride a SV1000S and a Vulcan 1500 around the ATL area.
Ride safe and have fun!

vTeC
05-12-2008, 12:56 PM
Alrighty, I'm going to try and shave the seat. I've been looking around and found a few sites with pictures along with the instructions. It doesn't look to hard; just time consuming. Anyone with tips, please feel free to tell me :)

Also, if there is a professional shop around that can do this, I'd pay to have it look good.

iloveboost
05-12-2008, 01:12 PM
Alrighty, I'm going to try and shave the seat. I've been looking around and found a few sites with pictures along with the instructions. It doesn't look to hard; just time consuming. Anyone with tips, please feel free to tell me :)

Also, if there is a professional shop around that can do this, I'd pay to have it look good.
Try calling Superstar Customs.

SpooL'DGsR
05-12-2008, 01:40 PM
congrats on the new ride.

vTeC
05-13-2008, 09:19 AM
Try calling Superstar Customs.

Thx for the heads up. I called and talked to Bucky. Seems like they can help me out with this.

LordZed
05-13-2008, 11:18 AM
Corbeu may make a seat that's already lower too. But if a shop can do it it's probably more cost effective :D

ueyedgr8tness
05-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Take it on down to bucky he will fix it..

GIXXERDK
05-13-2008, 04:35 PM

Yeah, try to get it done at a shop my friend got hers done for $50 which is reasonable. I thought it was easy too, it now looks like a deflated seat. :eek: