PDA

View Full Version : Here is the picture from a video of a "spirit"...

quickdodgeŽ
08-18-2005, 03:55 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v131/quickdodge/newspaper.jpg

With 99SI's help, I am going to be doing a house investigation here soon. Later, QD.

Bishop
08-18-2005, 03:56 PM
Hey, that was me!

99SI
08-18-2005, 03:57 PM
That doesn't look too bad to be scanned from a newspaper. Hopefully you will have some live action video of your own soon showing everyone "Tina". That shit is a wild article and I am very interested to make this happen. I have not heard any word today but I will call in the morning. The last two days have been deadline days so they've been busy at the paper.

B16a2 Civic
08-18-2005, 03:58 PM
cant wait to see what you uncover

malfeas99
08-18-2005, 04:01 PM
I guess everyone has to have a hobby.

99SI
08-18-2005, 04:03 PM
^^^ you are gonna be soooo jealous of me. I got the blessing of being able to meet the infamous QD last night. lol. Cool cat, I must say, with a real passion for something he believes in. We actually stood and talked for about 45 mins. lol. I thought it was going to be a handshake, a thanks, and a see ya later but that wasn't the case. Very friendly dude.

99SI
08-18-2005, 04:04 PM
that was for b16, not malfeas lol, I got distracted!

B16a2 Civic
08-18-2005, 04:08 PM
......not jealous....

*storms out the thread*

:mad:

rickgiblin
08-18-2005, 04:09 PM
good luck on the search

quickdodgeŽ
08-18-2005, 04:16 PM
Thanks everyone and yes, Malwhateveritisyournameis, everyone does need a hobby. So? Was there a point your pointless reply? I guess I answered my own question. Later, QD.

ahmonrah
08-18-2005, 09:32 PM
Thanks everyone and yes, Malwhateveritisyournameis, everyone does need a hobby. So? Was there a point your pointless reply? I guess I answered my own question. Later, QD. hhhheeeeeerrrs you sign ........

malfeas99
08-18-2005, 10:36 PM
Thanks everyone and yes, Malwhateveritisyournameis, everyone does need a hobby. So? Was there a point your pointless reply? I guess I answered my own question. Later, QD.

I'd say it had about as much point as your initial post. Who cares? It's not your purview to judge the quality of the responses to threads you start. :)

My hobbies are fiddling with computers, fiddling with my car, and fiddling with donkeys on alternate Thursdays.

And, according to Lil Scrappy, it's 'Myfleas'. Get it right!

Hulud
08-18-2005, 10:44 PM
^^^ you are gonna be soooo jealous of me. I got the blessing of being able to meet the infamous QD last night. lol. Cool cat, I must say, with a real passion for something he believes in. We actually stood and talked for about 45 mins. lol. I thought it was going to be a handshake, a thanks, and a see ya later but that wasn't the case. Very friendly dude.
damn you!
lol

mp5o
08-18-2005, 10:49 PM
Is it just me? Or is that shit scary as hell....

99ITRGIRL
08-18-2005, 10:50 PM
cool

lilgapeach
08-18-2005, 10:51 PM
My hobbies are fiddling with computers, fiddling with my car, and fiddling with donkeys on alternate Thursdays.

fiddling with donkeys on alternate Thursdays. WTF lol

Hulud
08-18-2005, 10:53 PM
thats what makes it fun! QD's gotta take me on a field trip!

lilgapeach
08-18-2005, 10:53 PM
Not just you, but it could be just us cause that shit creeps me out. QD, you must have some big damn balls to do that shit, I would piss all over myself if I saw a spirit like that

malfeas99
08-18-2005, 10:55 PM
fiddling with donkeys on alternate Thursdays. WTF lol

Please see http://forums.importatlanta.com/showthread.php?t=17046 for a helpful reference as to the origins of that.

civic95
08-19-2005, 07:22 AM
That angel has a nice rack :idb:

quickdodgeŽ
08-19-2005, 12:01 PM
I'd say it had about as much point as your initial post. Who cares? It's not your purview to judge the quality of the responses to threads you start. :)

It's my purview to judge whatever the fuck I want to judge.

That wasn't funny the first time you posted it, why would you think it would be funny this time?

I'll call you what I want. Out of all your posts, I think none are worth a shit, and I never said a thing to you about how stupid you are, so why you think you going to come fuck with me? Later, QD.

malfeas99
08-19-2005, 12:35 PM
I'll call you what I want. Out of all your posts, I think none are worth a shit, and I never said a thing to you about how stupid you are, so why you think you going to come fuck with me? Later, QD.

And your posts are somehow more inherently imbued with quality and wisdom? Please. I didn't say anything requiring you to get your panties in a huge bunch about this. I certainly wouldn't go into my own views regarding the 'ghosthunting' subculture, as you would undoubtedly twist and misrepresent my words into something that impugns your hobby, since you're obviously feel quite strongly and are quite defensive about it.

I think you're under the impression that I have some beef with you. I really don't, but you're making it harder not to. Your shit stinks just like everyone else's. Seriously, 15,000 posts since March? How many of those do you think were 'worth a shit'? I don't see you calling out everyone else's 'worthless' posts, of which 99.9% of the utterances here are, in the grand scheme of things. So what's your problem?

quickdodgeŽ
08-19-2005, 12:47 PM
So what's your problem?

It's not a problem, but if it were, it would be your initial post. You know that comment was to provoke something. My 15,000 posts since March. True, you don't know me. I have been here since the beginning. IA got a site make-over in MArch and everyone had to re-sign up. My original join date was never updated. That's why it looks like I am the ultimate PW(lolol). You make attacks on the hobby I choose all you want. I don't care if you believe in it or not. I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm posting up my evidence of what I believe is paranormal.

You use all those "big" words to impress people. Doesn't work. I'm pretty sure you have a book of synonyms and a dictionary beside you to pull these words out with. If you didn't mean that as an attack, then we're cool. No need to attack someone for no reason. If you did mean it that way, hey, I'm cool. Later, QD.

malfeas99
08-19-2005, 01:03 PM
It's not a problem, but if it were, it would be your initial post. You know that comment was to provoke something.

I wouldn't say it was provocative in a belligerent way, I think it was just a probe to see how you'd react, I think. A lot of paranormal hobbyists see themselves as some sort of elitist crusaders, thinking they're 'scientists with vision' or something. I myself think of the 'paranormal' as fascinating, but more as insight into the human condition than the ;unexplained happenstances' themselves.. I'd be happy to discuss my views at length should we ever meet in person.

My 15,000 posts since March. True, you don't know me. I have been here since the beginning. IA got a site make-over in MArch and everyone had to re-sign up. My original join date was never updated. That's why it looks like I am the ultimate PW(lolol).

I really don't care one way or the other, even IF you had 15k posts since march.. all I was saying is that any post you make in the Whore's Lounge is going to be about as pointless as anyone else's, including mine. :)

You make attacks on the hobby I choose all you want. I don't care if you believe in it or not. I'm not trying to change your mind. I'm posting up my evidence of what I believe is paranormal.

I'm not attacking your hobby at all, I can definitely see the appeal.. it's for the same reasons that I went on 'ghostwalks' when I went to england and scotland a few years ago. However, some people actually consider it something beyond a hobby, and actually think it's scientific contribution, which is obviously not the case. Like I said, I think anyone can engage in any hobby they like, as long as it makes them happy, and doesn't hurt anyone else in the process. Whether I beleive it's a pointless waste of time is totally irrelevant, I can garauntee you that most of what I do for fun would be considered a pointless waste of time by most people. Maybe that's the point of a hobby anyways.. a pointless waste of time to everyone but yourself and those that share in it. :)

You use all those "big" words to impress people. Doesn't work. I'm pretty sure you have a book of synonyms and a dictionary beside you to pull these words out with.

I can absolutely assure you that I have no Dictionary/Thesaurus next to me, all the 'big words' I use come from my own head. I don't actually think they're terribly big, or complicated, it's just that most people don't appreciate the art of language anymore... I myself have always had a knack for diction and vocabulary, I was an English major for some time before I realized that it wouldn't make me any money at all and I write occasionally. I type the same way that I speak. Sometimes I'm more loquacious than others, it comes and goes, depending on how saucy I feel. I don't consider it pretentious, nor do I do it on 'purpose' to impress anyone. So, as far as that goes, you can safely consider yourself wrong on that account.. for what it's worth.

In closing, please realize that my comment wasn't designed to insult your choice of hobby, but perhaps to see what would happen should someone say something besides 'hey awesome that stuff is scary you must have huge balls'... If you put forth evidence for what you believe to be paranormal activity, you should be prepared for people to not only agree, but disagree with you. I don't think I did either, since I have no knowledge and have done no research into this particular case. I'm honestly not a judgemental person, I apologize if you inferred that I was belittling the way you choose to spend your free time, 'cause I really wasn't. Obviously you're passionate about it and enjoy it, that that's all that matters.

If you want to get into a discussion as to the scientific merits of ghosthunting, or the root causes of the large amount of fraudulent findings, or how the human condition causes us to want to seek out the unexplained or unknown, I'd love to do that. Just don't go into it thinking I mean to cause offense.

quickdodgeŽ
08-19-2005, 02:06 PM
Aight, I accept your post and apologize to you. I didn't see where you were coming from. No, I don't go at it scientifically(except to try to explain anything I have before calling it unexplainable). It is for pure pleasure and curiousity. I'm not trying to get famous or prove they exist. It's just a hobby. And I don't mind the disagreeing. I get that a lot. But, I like the disagreement to be civil, ya know. Lolol, I'm no crusader at all, just out there for the enjoyment. I appreciate your explaining where you are at. Later, QD.