PDA

View Full Version : drift atl dumbasses

Thighs
05-11-2008, 12:23 PM
WTF??? drift atl is the only event at road atlanta that has actually pissed me off. first of all, the event staff. **** FD event staff. ive never seen such a group of dumbasses. second, **** everybody who decided to walk on the infield roads RIGHT IN FRONT OF FVCKING CARS! the roads are for cars, the area next to the road is for you and your fatass girlfriend and your cooler full of fried lard. GET THE **** OUT OF THE WAY.

sorry. lo lyesterday just really pissed me off. come to a REAL race and you will see what i mean. the actual road atlanta staff usually dont care what you do unless you are really being an idiot. FD FTL. next year im gonna get a green parking pass and a middle finger sticker to every person who asks me to move.

redrumracer
05-11-2008, 12:25 PM
hmmmmm so they didnt let you do what ever???

Thighs
05-11-2008, 12:31 PM
not at all. in their defense though, theres not that many ricers revving their ****ty sounding hondas at petit or scca races...

bandydesign
05-11-2008, 12:35 PM
I loved how laid back it was. I got to sit in the Viper at the event and walk around and see whatever I wanted. Not to mention the view was great, anyone could get about as close as the media. The only issue was the traffic getting out, but that I can handle. Sorry, if you didn't have an awesome time.

EJ25RUN
05-11-2008, 12:38 PM
i can kinda vouch for the Road Atlanta staff treating Drift Atlanta like kindergarten. Most people act retarded and belong in a more "NOPI" like environment then an actual racing circuit.

I just laughed during the times the scca was running their cars and one of the people next to me asked "why arn't they driffting?"

Thighs
05-11-2008, 12:42 PM
^^ i felt like i was at nopi...

there was some rednecks during the pro IT race who were talking about getting a refund because it was a bunch of ****ty miatas and they werent even drifting... lolol

i honestly dont know if ill go next year if i cant get a green pass.

On_Her_Face
05-11-2008, 12:48 PM
i got annoyed by mike and his drunkeness

rzaray89
05-11-2008, 12:54 PM
not as good as it used to be...thanks to g4 and other great sponsers/commercialization...

FNF1&2-->nopi
FNF tokyo drift-->formula d

just compare it to years gone by...signal auto skyline, jdm girl drivers competing in ae86s, alot less 350z's...and alot less ppl in attendance, ppl who could appreciate what was going on.

idk if this is completely true but there were so many repeated tandem runs because less sponsered vehicles were outperforming the more heavily sponsered vehicles...and they had to get it "right" for espn2.

ironically, D1GP is this weekend at moroso in fla...maybe next year.

but for 20 bucks, eh

koukis14
05-11-2008, 12:56 PM
Drifting is gay. It is the monster truck racing of the import world. How is it you are surprised there were a bunch of retards there?

DUBSf22c
05-11-2008, 03:03 PM
Drifting is gay. It is the monster truck racing of the import world. How is it you are surprised there were a bunch of retards there?

buhhahahaha

OH AND THIS THREAD IS WHY I SAVE MY MONEY AND GAS!

blacknightteg
05-11-2008, 03:11 PM
yeah, i loved the drifting and everything, but she is definetly right about the retards. there were defintly alot of them. alot of the people there seemed like they just went cuz it had cars. not really knowing wtf it was or anything.

oh and jesse sorry about not being with yall yesterday, I was down from the time i got back on friday till to day and i didnt get yalls numbers before i went friday. i didnt know ia would do this. i wasnt far from yall at al apparently , but the 'big asian with tattoos' didnt answer his **** so i couldnt find yall and said **** it and sat with some other people. assholes.

SampaGuy
05-11-2008, 03:17 PM

x2

wantboost
05-11-2008, 03:22 PM
it was entertaining for a little while though

Nemesis
05-11-2008, 03:22 PM
eekend at moroso in fla...maybe next year.

Check your info...

On_Her_Face
05-11-2008, 03:23 PM
it was entertaining for a little while though

yea, but after that i was just pissed off :(

Thighs
05-11-2008, 05:09 PM
i thought mikes drunkenness was entertaining until he wanted to drive home and got all pissed off... lol

EJ25RUN
05-11-2008, 05:13 PM
^^ i felt like i was at nopi...

there was some rednecks during the pro IT race who were talking about getting a refund because it was a bunch of ****ty miatas and they werent even drifting... lolol

i honestly dont know if ill go next year if i cant get a green pass.

rednecks = go to road atlanta looking for dale jr

Ill admit that im all about true road racing but guys like Rhys, Sam, Dai, and a couple of others are really impressive at oversteer.

blacknightteg
05-11-2008, 05:31 PM
rhys was the **** yesterday. ****in put that solstice to the damn limit, i was really impressed with the driftalliances solstice too. having just a stock motor and a turbo kit. held up a HELL of a lot better then RSR's TC that thing was over hyped

AnthonyF
05-11-2008, 05:46 PM
I went to Pinks and got in for free. :)

-Ant.

Thighs
05-11-2008, 06:42 PM
the falken mustang was the only car that impressed me. SOOOOO FASTTTT and loud too.

but that riced out p.o.s vette pissed me off.

AnthonyF
05-11-2008, 06:48 PM
^i wouldnt know. I dont go to Formula D. Who are they trying to be like? F1? Sounds homo.

-Ant.

Thighs
05-11-2008, 06:51 PM
well i like drifting, so its kinda fun. the people there are the most annoying part.

plus the ugly vette with the bodykit and stupid fiberglass hood and jap stickers everywhere... :rolleyes: epic fail.

plus it had coilovers :(

OhMyGodfather
05-11-2008, 08:41 PM
why complain about drifting if you dont know **** about it yourself?

the event was good, besides the occasional ricers and absurd amount of rednecks. Screaming "ONE MORE TIME" on a 8 point difference is terrible

and nothing on the supercharged z06 drift spec corvette was rice lol

the TC is not overhyped unless you drive a FWD, its at its 2nd event and made Top 16 its VERY FIRST EVENT (Long Beach)..its still in its testing stages basically, and to be able to make Top 32 with his first run at the track is pretty damn impressive.

oh, and daijiro was robbed when he went against rhys...they are running the same tires..daijiro got left because rhys was too straight...but he was putting out a **** ton more of smoke and a lot more angle, but alas..its formula d where speed is everything and tires dont mean anything.

but anyways overall it was a good event and worth the mon..oh wait, i got in for free cause im baller.

BKgen®
05-11-2008, 08:51 PM
absurd amount of rednecks. Screaming "ONE MORE TIME" on a 8 point difference is terrible

God yes. Thankfully i think Pinks being up in commerce sorta cut down on the rednecks at FD a little bit this year.

Thighs
05-11-2008, 08:51 PM
^^ i dont know **** about it? ooookey dokey...

EVERYTHING on that red p.o.s was rice except the motor. the hood, ****ty wing, and driver all sucked.

i like how you used the term "drift spec" to sound like you know what your talking about.

d_day87
05-11-2008, 08:55 PM
why complain about drifting if you dont know **** about it yourself?

the event was good, besides the occasional ricers and absurd amount of rednecks. Screaming "ONE MORE TIME" on a 8 point difference is terrible

the TC is not overhyped unless you drive a FWD, its at its 2nd event and made Top 16 its VERY FIRST EVENT (Long Beach)..its still in its testing stages basically, and to be able to make Top 32 with his first run at the track is pretty damn impressive.

oh, and daijiro was robbed when he went against rhys...they are running the same tires..daijiro got left because rhys was too straight...but he was putting out a **** ton more of smoke and a lot more angle, but alas..its formula d where speed is everything and tires dont mean anything.

but anyways overall it was a good event and worth the mon..oh wait, i got in for free cause im baller.

x2 who won by the way, left before all the drunkards left

BKgen®
05-11-2008, 09:00 PM
x2 who won by the way, left before all the drunkards left

Rhys.

d_day87
05-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Rhys.

:goodjob: thanks

wantboost
05-11-2008, 09:05 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH HAHAHAHA :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

BKgen®
05-11-2008, 09:08 PM
the vette was complete rice, but Jesus the motor made up for it IMO :lmfao:

Thighs
05-11-2008, 09:08 PM
^^ i know right... lol

wantboost
05-11-2008, 09:09 PM
http://i203.photobucket.com/albums/aa289/jonathandaledesign/Formula%20D%20Day%201/DSC_0010.jpg

Thighs
05-11-2008, 09:23 PM
:sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks:: sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks::s icks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks::si cks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sic ks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks::sick s::sicks::sicks::sicks::sicks:

Doppelgänger
05-11-2008, 09:27 PM

The only time Mike's drunkenness is funny is at BP... man, i could watch him yell at the ricers at BP all night. He came by BP after FD and yelled at some ricers for us.... we laughed.

Thighs
05-11-2008, 09:42 PM
him starting fights with that homo nignog was pretty hilarious...

Alan®
05-11-2008, 09:45 PM
Drifting is gay. It is the monster truck racing of the import world. How is it you are surprised there were a bunch of retards there?lol

realtime
05-11-2008, 10:39 PM
This was the first drifting event that I had been to. Having been to Road Atlanta the previous weekend for the Mitty, I can offer some comparisons. The drift event was not as well supported as the vintage race. Not as many port-a-potty’s, fewer venders.
I liked the drift cars; there is defiantly a tremendous amount of skill in driving the cars. There was a lot of nice cars in the infield, although, I think the 240s painted flat black, with their front end removed to revel the intercooler were ugly. May be fast, but still ugly.
The crowd of people remained me of a NASCAR crowd. Most people were there to have a good time, but some got on my nerves. Makes me wonder if I really want to go to NOPI after all.
Realtime

EJ25RUN
05-11-2008, 10:40 PM
the falken mustang was the only car that impressed me. SOOOOO FASTTTT and loud too.

but that riced out p.o.s vette pissed me off.

that "riced out pos" vette had coils for suspension designed at penske.

edit.... read on and see you put that

This was the first drifting event that I had been to. Having been to Road Atlanta the previous weekend for the Mitty, I can offer some comparisons. The drift event was not as well supported as the vintage race. Not as many port-a-potty’s, fewer venders.
I liked the drift cars; there is defiantly a tremendous amount of skill in driving the cars. There was a lot of nice cars in the infield, although, I think the 240s painted flat black, with their front end removed to revel the intercooler were ugly. May be fast, but still ugly.
The crowd of people remained me of a NASCAR crowd. Most people were there to have a good time, but some got on my nerves. Makes me wonder if I really want to go to NOPI after all.
Realtime

mitty is now 30 years old and a brings far more money than formula d

Thighs
05-11-2008, 11:05 PM

edit.... read on and see you put that

mitty is now 30 years old and a brings far more money than formula d

yeah i was dissapointed lol. it may be more adjustable but i like the leaves for some reason haha.

idc what anybody says, the vette was ugly as **** and was a disgrace to corvette and chevrolet, with its jap stickers and bodykit and all that bs. plus the driver blew fat c0ck.

OhMyGodfather
05-11-2008, 11:06 PM
people are so afraid at being different, that they call functional hoods, wings, and suspension rice...

do people not realize why cars have body kits, wings, or fiberglass bodyparts?

Thighs
05-11-2008, 11:10 PM
people are so afraid at being different, that they call functional hoods, wings, and suspension rice...

its drifting

its a whole different game, where if you have to ask, you dont need to know.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME? you call a huge fiberglass hood with no vents or weight advantage functional? if that wing adds more than 50lbs of downforce ill eat my **** with cocktail sauce.

you, sir, are an idiot. the car is DEFINITELY a good car and i didnt say it wasnt. it just looks like ****. im not afraid of being different, but i do have good taste.

Doppelgänger
05-11-2008, 11:15 PM

hate to break the news to you.... but 90% of those "aero parts" are just for looks on those gay ass drift cars. retard.

Doppelgänger
05-11-2008, 11:18 PM

It still looks like it was assembles 20min before the event. And BFD is the suspension was designed at Penske....I've got Ohlins on my car.

mitty is now 30 years old and a brings far more money than formula dapples and oranges

EJ25RUN
05-11-2008, 11:21 PM
yeah i was dissapointed lol. it may be more adjustable but i like the leaves for some reason haha.

idc what anybody says, the vette was ugly as **** and was a disgrace to corvette and chevrolet, with its jap stickers and bodykit and all that bs. plus the driver blew fat c0ck.

Um, i used to think you put driving in front of looks but i guess not.

That vette had a hood bulge to fit the roots blower and an adjustable wing. Im assuming you dislike the c5r aswell. Im not saying it looked good but it wasn't the ugly. Thats my opinion though.

I will admit the wheels were off.

It still looks like it was assembles 20min before the event. And BFD is the suspension was designed at Penske....I've got Ohlins on my car.

I was there friday 9:30am and it looked the same as it did on sat. So thats more than 20min. Besides, most track cars aren't fully assembled but might be heavily overhauled at an event. Not just drift cars that is.

apples and oranges

No $ vs $, im looking at profits for road atlanta from the weekends.

For everybody, most people consider this site retarded because different opinions cant be thrown around without people calling each other idiots or internet middle fingers going up. GROW UP YOU AND RESPECT YOURSELF!

OhMyGodfather
05-11-2008, 11:26 PM
ok, for the idiot jesse and the **** doppelganger

id like to give a big middle finger to both of you

jesse: if you think a molded FIBERGLASS hood to replace the METAL hood was for no reason, and actually ADDED weight, you need to unplug your internet cord, and hang yourself with it

doppelcunt: no **** the kits are there for looks, they are sponsored by those kit companies because its free, and free is a helluva lot cheaper to replace than OEM stuff.. but, a las..smegma infested idiots like yourself like to jump on the anti-drift bandwagon and hate on it, which is cool, but dont call people retards if you dont know that the person you are calling that out classes you in every aspect of your god forsaken life..got it? thanks.

redrumracer
05-11-2008, 11:39 PM

jesse: if you think a molded FIBERGLASS hood to replace the METAL hood was for no reason, and actually ADDED weight, you need to unplug your internet cord, and hang yourself with it

doppelcunt: no **** the kits are there for looks, they are sponsored by those kit companies because its free, and free is a helluva lot cheaper to replace than OEM stuff.. but, a las..smegma infested idiots like yourself like to jump on the anti-drift bandwagon and hate on it, which is cool, but dont call people retards if you dont know that the person you are calling that out classes you in every aspect of your god forsaken life..got it? thanks.
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:

thats all

StraightSix
05-12-2008, 12:04 AM

So, um, when exactly did Vettes come from the factory with sheet metal body panels? TMK, the fact that the cars are fiberglass bodied from the factory is part of what makes a Corvette, a Corvette.

On_Her_Face
05-12-2008, 12:16 AM
LOL at the vette being rice

if it has a built 427 it can have anything on it and not be rice, even the LED windshielf washers won't rice it out

On_Her_Face
05-12-2008, 12:21 AM

btw not all stock c5 hoods were metal :goodjob:

1SICKLEX
05-12-2008, 12:29 AM
why are people making fun of how the vehicles look? They are sponsored cars there to DRIFT, not to win a damn swimsuit pageant.

JITB
05-12-2008, 02:59 AM
Im disappointed at how the bad tastes of some random high school kids.. has ruined the function of actual aftermarket parts.

when drifting wasnt cool, it was cool...but now its cool...its not.....crazy!

LightsOut
05-12-2008, 05:23 AM
yeah, i loved the drifting and everything, but she is definetly right about the retards. there were defintly alot of them. alot of the people there seemed like they just went cuz it had cars. not really knowing wtf it was or anything.

oh and jesse sorry about not being with yall yesterday, I was down from the time i got back on friday till to day and i didnt get yalls numbers before i went friday. i didnt know ia would do this. i wasnt far from yall at al apparently , but the 'big asian with tattoos' didnt answer his **** so i couldnt find yall and said **** it and sat with some other people. assholes.

hey u ****tard i told u what happen my fone dead an i told u we was NEXT TO THE GREEN PUBLIX TENT... dont blame me 4 ur retardedness :taun: :2up: lol.......

Elbow
05-12-2008, 06:36 AM
Road Atlanta HAS to treat everyone there like little kids, because 60% of them are. It is a DRIFT event...lol. If Road Atlanta let up on their security and stuff at this event, the autocross track would have been a drift course, there would be tire marks EVERYWHERE, and someone dead.

wantboost
05-12-2008, 07:46 AM

sorry, it was the headlights, wheels and rising sun stickers that did it for me.

the wing is ugly but at least it serves a purpose

keevo54
05-12-2008, 08:14 AM
him starting fights with that homo nignog was pretty hilarious...
Is mike the skinny white guy who started yelling **** at the black guy who could have beaten the **** outta him? :lmfao:

Thighs
05-12-2008, 08:29 AM
^^ haha yeah...

and to mr. auto x pro ej25 whatever, stfu. you dont know what your talking about. there wasnt very many c5s that came with metal hoods. that car looked like crap. it was a beast but looks-wise, it was horrible. dont even compare it to the c5r. i know it has penske shocks and a roots charger. whoooppieee! that doesnt mean it looks good.

EJ25RUN
05-12-2008, 08:33 AM
^^ haha yeah...

and to mr. auto x pro ej25 whatever, stfu. you dont know what your talking about. there wasnt very many c5s that came with metal hoods. that car looked like crap. it was a beast but looks-wise, it was horrible. dont even compare it to the c5r. i know it has penske shocks and a roots charger. whoooppieee! that doesnt mean it looks good.

is that at me or 01ej25?

Thighs
05-12-2008, 08:37 AM
no, the other guy haha. i know you know your ****.

blacknightteg
05-12-2008, 08:48 AM
hey u ****tard i told u what happen my fone dead an i told u we was NEXT TO THE GREEN PUBLIX TENT... dont blame me 4 ur retardedness :taun: :2up: lol.......

what ever you *******!

JennB
05-12-2008, 08:49 AM
Personally, I think it's hilarious how offended people get if someone else doesn't like something they like.

Functional or not, a couple of the cars at FD this year were absolutely hideous. I go to all kinds of track events, races, unlike most of the people that attend events like FD, I'm at Road Atlanta at least ten times a year. I see ugly ass cars up there all the time. So? It's an opinion. Don't get so offended if someone else doesn't like something.

Doppelgänger
05-12-2008, 08:59 AM

Ohhh how cute.
Listen, Kid, I did the drifting/competitive drifting thing for 4 flucking years..i know how it goes and i don't need some bench racer to tell me how they think it is. The whole drift "scene" has gone to sh!t, the pro events are OK to watch and some of those drivers are very respectable, but on a amateur level most of it's a joke. I see you have named yourself "AutoX Pro"... so what class are you running? ARSCCA? I would say let's see how you do at the next event... but i doubt your in the same class as me. But if you think you're such a hotshot professional driver, what do you have to show for it?

Elbow
05-12-2008, 09:00 AM
Not to mention this is pro drifting, these cars and teams are all about money and sponsorship, it's not some JDM amateur drift thing, this is a pro series, with huge dollars. The cars are insane, supposed to be insane, would you all be happy if the Corvette looked stock? Then it wouldn't get any attention or media exposure.

Sport1.3
05-12-2008, 09:02 AM
I had fun, but that mike guy was annoying as ****. I would have loved had that black dude just gone ahead and knocked him out. then to make things worse he drives off to get food completely plastered, drives off the road and spins out....wtf :no:

Thighs
05-12-2008, 09:25 AM
it was kinda funny though.. lol

and about what simon said, no it doesnt have to looks stock. i started to like the look of the widebody 350z, and it was NOT stock.

JITB
05-12-2008, 09:32 AM
whos this mike idiot?

Thighs
05-12-2008, 09:33 AM
idk his name on here but he was the drunk ass guy who kept talking to the amazingly sunburned redneck lady and her family.

did anybody else see that lady in the gray? she has GOT to be crying right now. she was almost purple...

Sport1.3
05-12-2008, 09:37 AM
whos this mike idiot?

idk, some dude with a grey metalic looking EG hatch with red stripes down the sides and a ****ed up carbon hood. With a K20 swap as well. Car was sweet, but he was a douche (when he was drunk atleast)

Doppelgänger
05-12-2008, 10:12 AM
idk, some dude with a grey metalic looking EG hatch with red stripes down the sides and a ****ed up carbon hood. With a K20 swap as well. Car was sweet, but he was a douche (when he was drunk atleast)
Wrong, that's Andy. Mike drives a blue 06 Si.

On_Her_Face
05-12-2008, 10:17 AM
yeah, mike was just drunk as hell, he's cool whenever he knows what is going on LOL..

and that black dude wouldn't of done anything lol, after he saw about 20 of us stand up haha

ohh well i had fun besides all the bull**** that was going on

Sport1.3
05-12-2008, 10:28 AM
Wrong, that's Andy. Mike drives a blue 06 Si.

:thinking: ok then thats the guy....thats over where i met him, so i just put 2 and 2 together. either way he was a POS when he was drunk

JITB
05-12-2008, 10:34 AM
yeah, mike was just drunk as hell, he's cool whenever he knows what is going on LOL..

and that black dude wouldn't of done anything lol, after he saw about 20 of us stand up haha

ohh well i had fun besides all the bull**** that was going on

sounds like a dumbass...

Doppelgänger
05-12-2008, 10:39 AM
:thinking: ok then thats the guy....thats over where i met him, so i just put 2 and 2 together. either way he was a POS when he was drunk
Andy's pretty cool...as is Mike, though Mikes drunkennes can get on the annoying side.

Sport1.3
05-12-2008, 10:49 AM
sounds like a dumbass...

he was. Though i've never met him when he was sober.

How old was he anyway?

Doppelgänger
05-12-2008, 11:08 AM
19 or 20 IIRC

Sport1.3
05-12-2008, 11:40 AM
19 or 20 IIRC

:no: thats ridiculous

LightsOut
05-12-2008, 12:01 PM
what ever you *******!

o Davison come on man im joking around like u was...... dont gotta get all mad... i mean i did tell u be4 my fone dead that it was goin dead an we are next to a GREEN PUBLIX tent... did i not?

OhMyGodfather
05-12-2008, 12:52 PM
drifting is a japanese based sport..you are gonna get rice

rice is cool on a track car, its about being different and standing out, having fun with the car, and overall being goofy.. but its cool, just dont insult the cars for being different, especially when they are putting down 800 to the ground and doing it flawlessly.

BKgen®
05-12-2008, 12:56 PM
LOL at the vette being rice

if it has a built 427 it can have anything on it and not be rice, even the LED windshielf washers won't rice it out

lol, glad to see there are still some people on IA with a clue. :goodjob:

JITB
05-12-2008, 02:29 PM
anymore pics of the vette? i only found 1.

http://www.driftlive.com/articles/pics/conrad.jpg

Thighs
05-12-2008, 02:30 PM
drifting is a japanese based sport..you are gonna get rice

rice is cool on a track car, its about being different and standing out, having fun with the car, and overall being goofy.. but its cool, just dont insult the cars for being different, especially when they are putting down 800 to the ground and doing it flawlessly.

actually it doesnt put down 800 hp. FAIL.

BKgen®
05-12-2008, 02:49 PM
anymore pics of the vette? i only found 1.

here's one I took

wantboost
05-12-2008, 03:31 PM
rice is cool on a track car.ly.
sig worthy...

Captain-Obvious™
05-13-2008, 10:55 AM
honestly, I didn't think the vette looked that bad...but then again I don't know anything about drifting and this was my first drift event so I was just mesmerized by 2 cars going sideways around corners 3 feet from each other. Overall I thought it was a good event and I had a lot of fun.