PDA

View Full Version : some help with vin numbers

mngu629
05-11-2008, 12:18 PM
help!

this guy is selling his car with a rebuilt title and i waant to know the truth. he says he doesn't know what happened to it.

1HGES16592L056532

i will definitely rep you if you can help with the carfax

PM if you can help

SixSquared
05-11-2008, 01:15 PM
search for free carfax on here... I think someone was doing some the other day.

SixSquared
05-11-2008, 01:19 PM
And if it's rebuilt, a carfax isn't gonna help much. It will tell you it was rebuilt and where it was hit, but it won't tell you where the work was done. Tell the seller that if he wants the car sold, either he will pay for a mechanic/dealership inspection, or he will lower the price so that you "pay" for it, but the price of the car was lowered to reflect that. I bought a rebuilt truck, carfax said it was rearended. Ok. Fast forward a few months later... I was towing my show car and the truck's entire rear end dropped, axles flew everywhere... literally, the whole rear of the truck hit the ground. If I had gotten it inspected, they probably would have spotted the bad welds and missing nuts and bolts that I didn't know to look for.

Moral of the story... Personally, I'm never buying a rebuilt car again lol. Luckily I had my car more than adequately strapped to the trailer... had I not, I would have had a wrecked truck and a wrecked showcar.

Echonova
05-11-2008, 01:59 PM
Wait... You'll buy a car but you're too cheap to get your own Carfax? What happens if this falls through? Ask for another Carfax for the next heap of sh*t you're looking at? How about you spend the $35 or whatever it is now and do you own legwork.

Barefoot
05-11-2008, 02:59 PM
Wait... You'll buy a car but you're too cheap to get your own Carfax? What happens if this falls through? Ask for another Carfax for the next heap of sh*t you're looking at? How about you spend the $35 or whatever it is now and do you own legwork.$29.99 lol. shit if he is just going to do 1 and somebody is willing to do it for him y not do it for the free free.