PDA

View Full Version : Seriously! PINKS?

sabastian458
05-11-2008, 11:01 AM
I think this is in the right forum.

WHERE WAS ALL THE EVO's and STI's?!?!?!?!

That was a sad showing. 1 2nd gen TSI was there to rep the AWD group. He did pretty good but ended up blowing a rear diff or transfer case. I seriously wanted to see some of the fast Evo's I saw last season at Fast Friday. But NO. :( I am dissappointed. I wish I could have ran so at least 1 Evo would have, but due to not being tuned, I couldnt.

[end rant]

SPOOLIN
05-11-2008, 11:08 AM
i didnt take my civic because i didn't want to waste it when id rather support import face off

jb55
05-11-2008, 11:13 AM
pinks sucks anyways!

x Resilience
05-11-2008, 11:29 AM
Seen this on 85 last night, so I'm guessing that they were there.

03RCode
05-11-2008, 01:10 PM
The Talon was a buddy of mine from Asheville, car has 9's in it. This was his first time running at Commerce. There was also a Full Race tubo'ed K24 CRX running 11.41's but had more in it. Other than those 2 I dont think I saw any more imports run.

greasemunkey
05-11-2008, 01:33 PM
wow im kinda glad I didn't go then...

JITB
05-11-2008, 02:04 PM
everyone talks about imports on pinks...but noone brings them out!

SpooL'DGsR
05-11-2008, 02:14 PM
i heard there was a couple of pretty bad wrecks out there.

TIGERJC
05-11-2008, 02:25 PM
you have to meet nhra rules in order to compete, so I bet that was the reason why there was not a big showing when it came to imports

MachNU
05-11-2008, 03:17 PM
yeah, of the first 225 cars i saw run, only 2 where imports, one being the talon and the other a beetle!

JDMB20
05-11-2008, 09:16 PM
Rules + Import + legal= Not Going

Kamelyn
05-11-2008, 10:13 PM
there was only a few imports.... a CRX, M3, Talon, Beetle, and Cessna. That's it and I actually saw all 506 cars run. So yeah i was disappointed seeing that on Sunday at Import Showdown in Reynolds there were lots of cars running low 10 and below, yet none of them showed up to even make a pass nor represent imports in the south in a nationally publicized event.

GSRTURBOTEG
05-11-2008, 10:35 PM
I called about registering but the track said the field was full of preregistered racers in 30 minutes after opening...so that may have had something to do with the import turnout.

SiRed94
05-11-2008, 10:41 PM
yeah... now I'm glad I didn't go...

Night Ridaz
05-11-2008, 10:49 PM
x2 formula d was way better

SPOOLIN
05-11-2008, 10:55 PM
YEAH, if you missedthe first hour of tiocket sales, you weren't getting in to race. I had access to a racer ticket though, but it wasn't worth it.

gtikid
05-11-2008, 10:57 PM
Even though there was only less than a handful of imports there, the whole event was still badass. The cars there were no joke. Plus, it was sick as hell watching the 3 jet engine powered dragsters run, and that one old school muscle car do a wheelie down the whole track and still run an 8 or 9, can't remember exactly.

It was also pretty funny watching Rich almost catch on fire :lmfao:

B18c1Turboed
05-12-2008, 10:41 AM
there was only a few imports.... a CRX, M3, Talon, Beetle, and Cessna. That's it and I actually saw all 506 cars run. So yeah i was disappointed seeing that on Sunday at Import Showdown in Reynolds there were lots of cars running low 10 and below, yet none of them showed up to even make a pass nor represent imports in the south in a nationally publicized event.

So go build one then. We tried to get in there but the tickets sold out too fast!!

type_r
05-12-2008, 10:45 AM
PINKS is such a lame ass show anyway. Half the guys are sandbaggers and it's just not set up right. The terms they race on are too complicated, if the guy needs 10 lengths to race someone, they should be on the show with a slower car. It's just a ****ty setup imo.

DieselNuts
05-12-2008, 10:55 AM
Imports suck and wouldnt be able to compete anyway. I wasn't disappointed.

PINKS is such a lame ass show anyway. Half the guys are sandbaggers and it's just not set up right. The terms they race on are too complicated, if the guy needs 10 lengths to race someone, they should be on the show with a slower car. It's just a ****ty setup imo.
Have you ever seen Pinks ALL OUT? its not the same. you sandbag, you loose.

x2 formula d was way better
yeah, if you're a ricer...

JITB
05-12-2008, 11:37 AM
So go build one then. We tried to get in there but the tickets sold out too fast!!

glad to see u attempted to get in! :goodjob:

bigdare23
05-12-2008, 12:12 PM
Imports suck and wouldnt be able to compete anyway. I wasn't disappointed.

Have you ever seen Pinks ALL OUT? its not the same. you sandbag, you loose.

yeah, if you're a ricer...

get a mustang and this is what you become.... :rolleyes:

DieselNuts
05-12-2008, 12:47 PM
What the fuk are you trying to say?

whatever210
05-12-2008, 01:32 PM
how would going to formula d make you a ricer? :thinking: they def can drift better than you and prob have 3 times as much power. now if thats rice then i dont know what is anymore

sabastian458
05-12-2008, 02:31 PM
I didnt know forumla D was the same weekend. I had access to a racer ticket but wasnt worth runing a 15+ sec run. :) 5500 limit and 10psi sucks ass. There was an old 200sx that ran. It had to be turbo'd and it took off like it was AWD, bery limited wheel spin and a very fast 60 foot time. The CRX didnt sound turbo'd but did have a front mount.

bigdare23
05-12-2008, 02:34 PM
What the fuk are you trying to say?

most of your post prove that you are a jackass

DieselNuts
05-12-2008, 02:35 PM
how would going to formula d make you a ricer? :thinking: they def can drift better than you and prob have 3 times as much power. now if thats rice then i dont know what is anymore

most of your post prove that you are a jackass
I never said that the drifters were ricers. I quoted someone that said "FD was way better". I replied "if you are a ricer". If you pay attention to the crowd of people that showed up to each event, I will bet all the money in my bank account that there were more riced out cars @ Road Atlanta last weekend than @ Atlanta Dragway.

Now please show me where I said anything about having more power or being able to drift better than the people competing in FD.

As far as the "get a mustang and this is what you turn into" comment, I have never been an Import Fanboy. Yeah, I have a G35 and I put a lot more money into it than I should have, but if you talk to ANYONE that actually knows me, they will tell you that I am a domestic fan through and through but I give respect where it is due. I say that imports suck, but I own one. I also say that I drive rice, but its okay because it's shrimp fried rice...

Bigdare, please quote as many of my posts that you can to prove that im a jackass.

sabastian458
05-13-2008, 11:55 AM
Right now you are being one by coming into my thread asking where all the Evo's/ STI's were at for PINKS. Clearly I was talking to the IMPORT crowd of people because there were WAY too many rustangs there. You came into my thread saying imports suck and such, get out. I wasnt talking to you nor was the thread directed towards you. Grow up people.

03RCode
05-13-2008, 10:25 PM
I didnt know forumla D was the same weekend. I had access to a racer ticket but wasnt worth runing a 15+ sec run. :) 5500 limit and 10psi sucks ass. There was an old 200sx that ran. It had to be turbo'd and it took off like it was AWD, bery limited wheel spin and a very fast 60 foot time. The CRX didnt sound turbo'd but did have a front mount.

The CRX was def. turbo'd... GT35R with a Full Race setup. I have a pic of it on my phone actually.

DieselNuts
05-13-2008, 10:34 PM
Right now you are being one by coming into my thread asking where all the Evo's/ STI's were at for PINKS. Clearly I was talking to the IMPORT crowd of people because there were WAY too many rustangs there. You came into my thread saying imports suck and such, get out. I wasnt talking to you nor was the thread directed towards you. Grow up people.
I was just fuking around. Slow your god damn roll. I have a G35 that I like very much. Like I said, I give credit where it is due. The Talon that ran was very fast and I give it respect. Take a fuking chill pill man, its just the interwebz :goodjob:

Blitanicle99
05-13-2008, 11:44 PM
The guys from Vengeance racing where there. Bad ass shop, my preffered shop to work on my junk. They ran their 10 second all motor camaro and Trans am. Both of those cars are RIDICULOUSLY fast.

Just wanted to point out who awesome they were. Thanks.

Me86Rob
06-02-2008, 10:39 PM
this is exactly why i got rid of my stang. 9 out of 10 mustang owners have that same mentality, and i didnt want to be classified with them. so i got rid of it

stillaneon
06-03-2008, 03:46 PM
this is exactly why i got rid of my stang. 9 out of 10 mustang owners have that same mentality, and i didnt want to be classified with them. so i got rid of it

I on the other hand have never had a problem with DieselNuts. Yeah he talks a big game and maybe he has a little bit too much faith in his slowbra:taun: , but all in all he seems decent. You guys need to take a chill pill. He was joking.

DieselNuts
06-03-2008, 03:57 PM
I on the other hand have never had a problem with DieselNuts. Yeah he talks a big game and maybe he has a little bit too much faith in his slowbra:taun: , but all in all he seems decent. You guys need to take a chill pill. He was joking.
lol, I talk a big game because it is fun. I know where my car stands and I am not a sore looser or a bad winner. If I race someone and win, then thats that. If I race someone and lose, then thats that. I really dont care if I win or loose. Its all in good fun anyway. Not to mention the import vs. domestic war is here to stay and I will continue to pick on imports as long as I have a car with potential :D again, I give credit where it is due. If someone comes along and puts train lengths on me in a civic, I will get out and shake the man's hand. :cheers:

jumpin800agl
06-03-2008, 05:12 PM
If someone comes along and puts train lengths on me in a civic, I will get out and shake the man's hand. :cheers:
Come on over. I got the train whistle ready.:taun: :D

No civic here though.:ninja:

DieselNuts
06-03-2008, 09:12 PM
Im game. What map will you be running?

jumpin800agl
06-04-2008, 08:58 AM
Im game. What map will you be running?
We can run both if you want. On 6 psi it should definitely be a driver race, 344 whp DD. 8.5 psi is 405 whp DD.

Nemesis
06-04-2008, 09:04 AM
yaaaa **** dem imports

lol

DieselNuts
06-04-2008, 09:17 AM
We can run both if you want. On 6 psi it should definitely be a driver race, 344 whp DD. 8.5 psi is 405 whp DD.
I'm game. We can do both and see what happens. I'm ready when you are :D

EJ25RUN
06-04-2008, 09:24 AM
legal= Not Going

explain.