PDA

View Full Version : Where can I eat out and still be borderline healthy?

rupertaker
05-09-2008, 08:47 AM
Okay so for the last two monthes or so, I've been incredibly busy. I've had time to eat maybe one meal at my house in the last 8 weeks. I've been eating out 2-3 meals a day and it's starting to catch up with me.
Last night was the 2nd time I've woken up to throwing up within the last week and was actually throwing up some blood last night.

So give me some ideas for where I can eat out and still be borderline healthy. Give me ideas on places to go or maybe just ideas on things to eat at normal places. I don't have time for an hour long lunch and I don't have time to cook something before I leave.

yaya

x Resilience
05-09-2008, 08:51 AM
Subway?

Ran
05-09-2008, 08:53 AM
You can always go to Chik-Fil-A or Steak & Shake for a good salad.

rupertaker
05-09-2008, 08:54 AM
Subway?

I've never had a thing for subway, is it any better than it used to be? it used to suck ****.

x Resilience
05-09-2008, 08:55 AM
The foot long subs are really good, try it.

Got Milk?
05-09-2008, 08:56 AM
subway is awesome, you can actually taste the food and say wow this is fresh and the meat is actually real.

ShooterMcGavin
more about what you order at places as well. get grilled over fried, chicken over beef, salads w/o dressing or w/low fat dressing.

JennB
What food places are close to your work? I have learned how to eat moderately healthy at most fast food places since I'm in the same type of situation. I don't want to eat junk but I don't want to spend $15 on lunch or take too long. Sit down restaurants are much easier to find healthy options though.

You can get a good grilled chicken sandwich at almost all fast food places. The key is no cheese, of course, and hold the sauce. At Wendy's for example, the sauce is something like 4 times the fat of the rest of the sandwich. Skip the sauce. At McDonald's, no mayo. Learn to eat it with mustard or just veggies on top.

Chik-fil-a has fruit cups that are really tasty. McDonlads has the fruit and yogurt parfait.

The cafe in my building sells small bags of Baked Lays. You can always get a few of those bags and have them as a side with a reasonable sandwich from a fast food place. The grilled salad at Chik-Fil-A is really yummy but choose the dressing wisely. I get fat free honey mustard.

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 08:57 AM
subway is awesome, you can actually taste the food and say wow this is fresh and the meat is actually real.
their "chicken breast" isn't exactly TOP quality though. you can tell it's still been processed =/

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 08:58 AM
I get fat free honey mustard.
best fat free dressing i've ever had.

x Resilience
05-09-2008, 08:59 AM
their "chicken breast" isn't exactly TOP quality though. you can tell it's still been processed =/

But mostly all of their stuff is good.

uproot
05-09-2008, 09:01 AM
more about what you order at places as well. get grilled over fried, chicken over beef, salads w/o dressing or w/low fat dressing.

:goodjob: ... seems like more and more fast food places are offering healthier choices now... not too sure how healthy they are, but like he said just choose the correct things wherever you might go.

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 09:03 AM
But mostly all of their stuff is good.
didn't say it wasn't ;)

BLK JDM
05-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Okay so for the last two monthes or so, I've been incredibly busy. I've had time to eat maybe one meal at my house in the last 8 weeks. I've been eating out 2-3 meals a day and it's starting to catch up with me.
Last night was the 2nd time I've woken up to throwing up within the last week and was actually throwing up some blood last night.

So give me some ideas for where I can eat out and still be borderline healthy. Give me ideas on places to go or maybe just ideas on things to eat at normal places. I don't have time for an hour long lunch and I don't have time to cook something before I leave.

yaya

Good question. Same thing has been happening to me lately at night. I'm really starting to get worried!!

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 09:05 AM
Good question. Same thing has been happening to me lately at night. I'm really starting to get worried!!
maybe one of you gave the other the hiv?

rupertaker
05-09-2008, 09:06 AM
What food places are close to your work? I have learned how to eat moderately healthy at most fast food places since I'm in the same type of situation. I don't want to eat junk but I don't want to spend $15 on lunch or take too long. Sit down restaurants are much easier to find healthy options though.

You can get a good grilled chicken sandwich at almost all fast food places. The key is no cheese, of course, and hold the sauce. At Wendy's for example, the sauce is something like 4 times the fat of the rest of the sandwich. Skip the sauce. At McDonald's, no mayo. Learn to eat it with mustard or just veggies on top.

Chik-fil-a has fruit cups that are really tasty. McDonlads has the fruit and yogurt parfait.

The cafe in my building sells small bags of Baked Lays. You can always get a few of those bags and have them as a side with a reasonable sandwich from a fast food place. The grilled salad at Chik-Fil-A is really yummy but choose the dressing wisely. I get fat free honey mustard.

I'm all over the place so I can usually stop whenever/wherever.

Quiznos have anything thats pretty healthy? I used to eat there nonstop but had nothing but chicken/bacon/ranch or the prime rib lol

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 09:15 AM
I'm all over the place so I can usually stop whenever/wherever.

Quiznos have anything thats pretty healthy? I used to eat there nonstop but had nothing but chicken/bacon/ranch or the prime rib lol
probably the worst thing there. only thing healthy there that i'd eat as a part of my own "diet" plan would be the sammies. at least 2 or 3 of them are only 200 cal each, couple that w/a bag of the baked lays and a diet drink of some sort and you've got a pretty decent meal for under 600 cal.

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 09:15 AM
oh and honestly, every fast food place these days has their nutritional tables on their website so if you really want to know what you're taking in, go check them out.

ironchef
05-09-2008, 09:20 AM
I like Chipotle. Burrito Bol with fajita peppers, rice, chicken, and salsa is about 600 calories or so, and delicious!!

JennB
05-09-2008, 09:25 AM
Ranch is never a good, healthy choice. (unless it's fat free but how many places have that?)

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 09:28 AM
I like Chipotle. Burrito Bol with fajita peppers, rice, chicken, and salsa is about 600 calories or so, and delicious!!
chipotle ftmfw, puts moe's to shame.

rupertaker
05-09-2008, 09:31 AM
what should be the max calorie intake for a person per meal?
I mean i think im eating 1000+ per meal sometimes

ironchef
05-09-2008, 09:33 AM
chipotle ftmfw, puts moe's to shame.Yea Chiptole is the bomb, I refuse to step inside Moe's now haha.

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 09:34 AM
el o el at your question.

max calorie intake per person per meal is going to be different based on person and health goals.

w/o knowing what you're really after it's kinda hard to tell you.

ironchef
05-09-2008, 09:35 AM
I mean i think im eating 1000+ per meal sometimesDepends on the person, their metabolism, what their goals are (gain weight, lose weight, etc), and the kind of food you eat.

ShooterMcGavin
Yea Chiptole is the bomb, I refuse to step inside Moe's now haha.
:werd: only thing i miss about moe's is the kaiser salsa :cry:

ShooterMcGavin
Depends on the person, their metabolism, what their goals are (gain weight, lose weight, etc), and the kind of food you eat.
REPOST! :tongue1:

ironchef
05-09-2008, 09:36 AM
FUKU! 1 minute difference haha, i'm so bored at work :(.

Reaper
05-09-2008, 09:38 AM

took the words outta my.....fingers? lirl

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 09:38 AM
took the words outta my.....fingers? lirl
:goodjob:

rupertaker
05-09-2008, 09:51 AM
im 6'
230lbs

hardly ever work out.

My name is vteckidd

iloveboost
05-09-2008, 09:53 AM
Publix subs > Subway. By far.

Zaxbys Grilled Chicken Salads with Lite Meditteranean dressing (only use one pack)

Chik-fil-a Grilled Chicken Sandwich meal on Whole Wheat bun. Substitute fries.

I do these places the most. It's not too bad. I drink water with all my meals (99% of the time).

iloveboost
05-09-2008, 09:55 AM
Depends how active you are.

Lean Cuisines are pretty decent. 300 calories, 20grams of protein. You can kill 5 of these a day and still only take in 1,500 calories and it's an extra 100 grams of protein (if you're working out). Try the Turkey Breast or Salsbury Steak. Those are my favorite, least nasty ones I get.

ironchef
05-09-2008, 09:57 AM
Publix subs are delicious, but expensive. Last time I had a chicken tender sub, it was like $8.

Reaper
05-09-2008, 09:57 AM
quizno's ftw

iloveboost
05-09-2008, 09:58 AM
Publix subs are delicious, but expensive. Last time I had a chicken tender sub, it was like $8.
Whole wheat sub, no mayo/mustard, Boar's Head with White American, lettuce and tomato is about $6.50.

Killer
05-09-2008, 10:02 AM

had a friend that out of now where was throwing up blood...

had auto immune deficiency due to some form of hepatitis... he basically doesn't have a liver now....

may want to check that out man... i eat a ton of fast food... (not that it's a good thing) and while i don't feel as good as i use to.. i'm not throwing up... especially blood...

(not trying to get you worried.... )

ironchef
05-09-2008, 10:12 AM
Whole wheat sub, no mayo/mustard, Boar's Head with White American, lettuce and tomato is about $6.50.Boar's Head salsalito turkey FTMFW.

Reaper
05-09-2008, 10:15 AM

had auto immune deficiency due to some form of hepatitis... he basically doesn't have a liver now....

may want to check that out man... i eat a ton of fast food... (not that it's a good thing) and while i don't feel as good as i use to.. i'm not throwing up... especially blood...

I was thinking the same thing...I ate ONLY fast food for years...I NEVER threw up..let alone blood...head to the Dr.

Leisa
05-09-2008, 10:17 AM

Lean Cuisines are pretty decent. 300 calories, 20grams of protein. You can kill 5 of these a day and still only take in 1,500 calories and it's an extra 100 grams of protein (if you're working out). Try the Turkey Breast or Salsbury Steak. Those are my favorite, least nasty ones I get.

5 a day, holy crap~!!

iloveboost
05-09-2008, 10:40 AM
5 a day, holy crap~!!
I said you *can* eat 5 a day.

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 11:18 AM

extra 100 g of protein? if you're working out? lolol, wow, not even going to comment on that.

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 11:19 AM

:lmao: el o el @ the most 2 faced post ever :lmfao:

Vteckidd
05-09-2008, 11:24 AM

yeah because that didn't scare me or anything

i'm 5'10'' 140lbs and have the metabolism of champions.

im not working out and im sure as **** not eating lean cuisine, I just don't want to die lol

-reverend rupertaker

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 11:38 AM
^^^gahdamn it, why are y'all 2 posting under each others names? seems like a bad sequel to face/off or something :lmfao:

ironchef
05-09-2008, 12:01 PM
^^^gahdamn it, why are y'all 2 posting under each others names? seems like a bad sequel to face/off or something :lmfao:Face/Off was the sh!t!

redrumracer
05-09-2008, 12:17 PM
find like a deli or something and just have a sandwhich

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 12:23 PM
^^^wtf? just bc it's a "sandwich" makes it healthy? :thinking:

iloveboost
05-09-2008, 12:32 PM
^^^wtf? just bc it's a "sandwich" makes it healthy? :thinking:
I'm pretty sure he was asking about borderline healthy meals. A deli sandwich, in most cases, is much healthier than fast food. :rolleyes:

Bruce Leroy
05-09-2008, 12:33 PM
How much are you eating? I'm no expert, but imo people eat to much per serving. Combine the large meals with the sub par food that most fast food places serve, and it could catch up with you. I eat out just as much as you but I order 1 item and a drink, and if i buy a meal i find that I can only eat like 1/2 of it.

MistaCee
05-09-2008, 12:50 PM
Olive Garden? Not sure where they are down here though.

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 12:53 PM
I'm pretty sure he was asking about borderline healthy meals. A deli sandwich, in most cases, is much healthier than fast food. :rolleyes:
you'd be VERY surprised as far as what goes into a lot of those deli sandwiches. ppl tend to mistake fresh (which deli's typically are) for healthy.

Ran
05-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Just got a spicy chicken wrap from Chik-Fil-A. That's healthy. :)

My large fries, cookies-n-cream shake, and chicken nuggets on the other hand... :ninja:

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 12:55 PM
cookies-n-cream shake
chickfila shakes are hands down the best shakes i've ever had. too bad they're gahdamn 1500 cal or so ea :eek:

iloveboost
05-09-2008, 12:55 PM
you'd be VERY surprised as far as what goes into a lot of those deli sandwiches. ppl tend to mistake fresh (which deli's typically are) for healthy.
Panera and Subway have extremely fatty/high sodium sandwiches. Most delis do. If you know what to eat and what to watch for you can get a pretty healthy sandwich sometimes.

x Resilience
05-09-2008, 12:56 PM
didn't say it wasn't ;)

:goodjob:

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 12:57 PM
Panera and Subway have extremely fatty/high sodium sandwiches. Most delis do. If you know what to eat and what to watch for you can get a pretty healthy sandwich sometimes.
exactly, problem is most ppl aren't in that mindset. they think, well i'm at a deli, so i can just order anything and be ok. :goodjob:

Killer
05-09-2008, 12:57 PM

i mean, i'm no dr...

but vomiting for 2 days.. and the second day being blood isn't something you wait around for to clear up...

you go get it checked out...

i'm just saying since i'm not trying to scare him in to going.. i just think it's in his best interest to...

Ran
05-09-2008, 01:00 PM
they're gahdamn 1500 cal or so ea :eek:So? Fat n' Calories FTMFW :D

ShooterMcGavin
05-11-2008, 03:36 PM
So? Fat n' Calories FTMFW :D
so nothing, i'll just be preparing for your eulogy at your early funeral :goodjob: :D

FasTech
05-11-2008, 03:42 PM
I say screw it and eat what you want, and work it off later.. Besides you said that you've been really busy so you should be working off calories.

shady
05-13-2008, 08:05 PM
I used to eat the full monty (i think it's the funk meister now) soft taco from moes twice a day, that and a handful of chips. Either way, it's the soft taco with chicken, i'd get blackbeans, salsa, a little rice, lettuce. Once i lost 5 lbs in a week and spent $2.45 a meal. The prices went up too.

If you go in moes regularly enough the kids there start to recognize you and they make the taco a pretty decent portion, it can be kinda light, i'd say 400 calories if it's made the way it's "supposed to be" but i was probably clearing 650-800 the way i was eating it.

shady
05-13-2008, 08:06 PM
p.s., a couple of years ago i got pretty unhealthy myself from eating mostly junk food, like 3,000 calories a day and gained a bunch of weight, i would cough and hack all the time because i was in such bad shape, fortunately i did something about it.

supraguy23
05-13-2008, 10:32 PM
I would say drink some protein like muscle milk or something along with vitamins in the Am, then eat chicken but nothing fried like a wrap from Chick fila if your on the run. Also try to only drink water every day. Get a gym membership and work out while doing this. Good Luck lol

supraguy23
05-13-2008, 10:36 PM
I wouldn't count your calories dude, your not a chick. Just work out, eat healthy NO FAST FOOD and drink only water. Do about 6 months of that and you will feel a difference for sure.

Buttons
05-13-2008, 10:42 PM
OOOOH go to smoothie king. Get a Gladiator Smoothie, it replaces a meal.

Also there are many other healthy things there. You should check it out.

Frög
05-13-2008, 10:44 PM
subwat and publix subs FTMW!!

subway..

ShooterMcGavin
05-14-2008, 01:23 AM
I wouldn't count your calories dude, your not a chick. Just work out, eat healthy NO FAST FOOD and drink only water. Do about 6 months of that and you will feel a difference for sure.
why? i'm not a chick and i do it. it's amazing how eye opening it is when you actually sit down and count your daily intake. even "healthy" foods need to be in controlled portions.

rupertaker
05-14-2008, 10:41 AM

retard, do you not realize we eat fast food 3 times a day?

Killer
05-14-2008, 10:53 AM
I say screw it and eat what you want, and work it off later.. Besides you said that you've been really busy so you should be working off calories.

being super busy doesn't mean you're burning anything...

just means you don't have time to sit down and cook a nice meal... or sit down and wait for a nice one to be prepared for you....

doesn't mean you're getting anymore exercise or movement during the day...

Killer
05-14-2008, 10:56 AM
why? i'm not a chick and i do it. it's amazing how eye opening it is when you actually sit down and count your daily intake. even "healthy" foods need to be in controlled portions.

i don't count mine....

BUT wayne is right counting your intake is a great way to lose weight... if you can figure out your metabolism (if i'm not mistaken that's how many calories you burn in an hour or a day or something...) you can simply cut you're calorie intake to less than what you burn in a day... which means just getting out of bed in the morning you're burning extra calories.....

am i right wayne???

rupertaker
05-14-2008, 11:20 AM
i don't count mine....

BUT wayne is right counting your intake is a great way to lose weight... if you can figure out your metabolism (if i'm not mistaken that's how many calories you burn in an hour or a day or something...) you can simply cut you're calorie intake to less than what you burn in a day... which means just getting out of bed in the morning you're burning extra calories.....

am i right wayne???

I don't need to lose weight though, I'm 140lbs lol

nreggie454
05-14-2008, 11:25 AM
Sushi FTW. Granted, it won't help you with your time constraints at lunch, but it makes a very healthy and pretty filling dinner.

Killer
05-14-2008, 11:39 AM
I don't need to lose weight though, I'm 140lbs lol

that post wasn't really to help you..... just proving that counting calories is something everyone can do... not just for chicks...

sorry....

i'm in the same boat you are though... i work 9-6 i have an hour lunch.. but there isn't anywhere close that i can eat a decent lunch unless i bring it myself.... when i go home (call me lazy) i'm too beat to try to cook a healthy dinner when i could just stop somewhere on the way home... now because i have a desk job i've gained near 40lbs in the last 4 years... BUT on top of that i've felt worse in the last few years of my life than i have ever... (which is where you're at... with not feeling well)

when i lived at home, my step mother cooked pretty much every night... they weren't always the healthiest meals.. but they were always well rounded...

now if i could bring myself to it.... grabbing a salad over a side of fries is possible at just about any restaurant... wraps are coming more and more popular... most places offer grilled chicken.... if i'm not mistaken chick fila tends to be a bit more healthier than the rest cause they use peanut oil which is a bit better for you.... i'm sure others have already listed this.. BUT i mean there aren't any really "healthy" fast food places...

ShooterMcGavin
05-14-2008, 12:46 PM
i don't count mine....

am i right wayne???

i count mine bc it's easier to control what i eat (obviously). yes you do need to figure out your resting metabolic rate (RMR), which is how many calories your body needs just to run your organs (so you're laying in bed all day). you can typically add another few hundred depending on what you do during the day and then yes, you can figure out how many to cut if you want to lose weight.

supraguy23
05-14-2008, 10:11 PM
retard, do you not realize we eat fast food 3 times a day?

Hold on who's we? I eat healthy all the time and only drink water.

rupertaker
05-15-2008, 08:46 AM
Hold on who's we? I eat healthy all the time and only drink water.

you dumb ****, what about big pie in the sky? haha

EM1toEVO
05-15-2008, 09:23 AM
Just to give you an idea, check out this link.

http://www.acaloriecounter.com/fast-food.php

Killer
05-15-2008, 10:40 AM
mcdonalds is giving away free chicken sandwiches today.... :ninja:

Vteckidd
05-15-2008, 10:47 AM
we have been eating Chipolte alot lately, the little Burrito BOls seem to be doing good.

Ive been cutting back on calories like

Only drinking water no sodas not even diet
Eating smaller portions
Ifi normally ate something that was a LARGE i get a small now.
I havent had FAST FOOD in about 5 days. its tough, cause im always on the go.

ShooterMcGavin
05-15-2008, 11:03 AM
^^^cool. just remember even if you're at a fast food place, there are till healthy or at least healthier options. just a matter of will power ;)

Barefoot
05-15-2008, 11:05 AM
no where

ShooterMcGavin
05-15-2008, 11:06 AM
no where
wow way to go, you just earned the award for lamest, most worthless post in this entire thread :slap:

Vteckidd
05-15-2008, 11:56 AM
i think we are going to fuddruckers for the 1 pound burger, **** it.

JUST KIDDING

Chick Fil-a it is

HalfBaked
05-15-2008, 12:09 PM
Buffalo tenders hot. With tater tots covered in cheese bacon and jalapenos.

Killer
05-15-2008, 04:46 PM
http://health.yahoo.com/experts/eatthis/4653/lose-weight-eating-restaurant-foods

i didn't read the whole thing.... but this may help...

Crazy Asian
05-15-2008, 05:04 PM
I only eat a Whopper JR or a Chargilled Chicken Sandwich from Chik Fil A...if it's necessary.

Whopper JR has only what 370 calories and like 6 grams of fat 570mg of sodium. Perfect
Chargilled Chicken Sandwich has like 270 I believe of calories but it's perfect. Healthy in a sense. If you are on to go alot see if you can stop by a near by market and grab nuts and yogurt. Even in those drinkable yogurt things too. More enegry and you get fiber and protein and other essential nutrients at once.

Crazy Asian
05-15-2008, 05:06 PM
And dont EVER EVER EVER THINK FAST FOOD SALAD DRESSINGS ARE OKAY!!! THATS LIKE DUMPING BUTTER ALL OVER YOUR SALAD!!!!!

rupertaker
05-15-2008, 05:15 PM
Buffalo tenders hot. With tater tots covered in cheese bacon and jalapenos.

God. I haven't had that in forever.