PDA

View Full Version : Trans Am 03... GTO...00

GTO
08-18-2005, 01:15 PM
After my last thread about WS6 VS GTO, NAFC3S responded, and he pretty much said get off your ass and race him, so that is exactly what I did.

Run 1.
From a dig. I did a very good launch, no wheel spin at all, car hooked, I had him maybe half a lengh here untell 3rd gear, and he slowly pulled on me, and got a good 3 - 4 car lenghs ahead of me and shut it down.

Run 2.
This was a run from 45 - 120. This was pathetic. He had me from the get go, around 90 or so it looked like I started to close the gap, but then he just pulled on me again, and spanked my ass.

Run 3.
From a dig to 120. I did another great launch again, I was able to totally kick his ass from the line, mainly because when he launched he lost so much traction he didn't get it tell about top of 2nd gear lol. So I was about 60 and he was just a little off the line, 90 came and I was farther ahead, I looked straight ahead, and noticed my interior was getting brighter, and brighter... Well that was the Trans Am, closing in, I was about 110, almost 115, and the fucker flew by my like I was standing still LOL

Good races all in all, and turns out his WS6 had more mods then before, FAST intake manifold and throttle body kit, better clutch and fly, no cats, and a little head work!

KevinT707
08-18-2005, 02:55 PM
the WS6 must be fast as hell then to take your 6.0 cause I ran the 5.7L GTO on a 75 shot & he still walked me .. them torque monsters are quick!

white99gt
08-18-2005, 05:23 PM
Moddied vs stock..I wouldnt have even tried.

At least you died well.

GTO
08-18-2005, 05:52 PM
Yeah, at least I gave him a little fight. Shit if only my dad would let me take the $700 and put it into the damn GTO lol

SandM
08-18-2005, 09:48 PM
nice race, my brother used to have a WS6... bad cars... and those GTO's are too. i had one sneak up on me while i was trying to catch a type-r. all i saw was headlights until he pulled next to me... i said "shit", and he was gone!

AznTraitor
08-18-2005, 10:17 PM
told you.

WS6's respond very well to light mods and with a decent driver can pull off some respectable numbers....

not knocking GTO's....but I've seen a few with similar modifications as other LS1 cars and the GTO usually goes down.....

GTO
08-19-2005, 01:04 AM
nice race, my brother used to have a WS6... bad cars... and those GTO's are too. i had one sneak up on me while i was trying to catch a type-r. all i saw was headlights until he pulled next to me... i said "shit", and he was gone!

yeah that would have been me LOL

I passed up a Lancer a while ago, at the time I thought it was an OZ because of the wheels and it was a nice darker color at night. Chances are it might have been your ES! If it was, I did not see a Type R, I just remember hearing your car for a while, thought you where pulling on me, so I changed lanes and floored it and walked you. That could have been you lol Was the GTO silver?