PDA

View Full Version : Subwoofer wiring job help...

AnthonyF
05-08-2008, 11:19 AM
I have a 15" Kicker CVR that I want to mount in my car for a little bump. I have a 2 channel amp I will probably bridge for the 1 15". My problem is, the sub has 4 terminals on it. 2 red (+) and 2 black (-). How do I wired it up to the box terminals? Does anyone have a diagram i can use as reference? Thanks and reps for the help!

-Ant.

Sammich
05-08-2008, 11:23 AM
*edit*

oh you have a dual voice coil sub...nvm

AnthonyF
05-08-2008, 11:24 AM
^you can, but the subwoofer sometimes is setup different. And I believe there are 2 different ways of wiring it up for different subwoofer setups. LIke it will hit different.

-Ant.

Sammich
05-08-2008, 11:26 AM
naw i was thinking you were talking about from the amp to the sub...but you are bridging the amp (using one positive and one negative from the amp to bridge) and the sub is dual voice coil, so you have two terminals on that also..i THINK you can do the same w/ the voice coil, but i'm not sure..PM dracc, i think he knows

AnthonyF
05-08-2008, 11:58 AM
I found it.
http://www.crutchfield.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?imageID=1DVC%5F2%2Dohm%5F2c h
Just like that. I never mess with stereos. they are always a pain. lol.

Ant.

BanginJimmy
05-08-2008, 02:06 PM
that works if the sub is dual 2 ohm. If the sub is dual 4 ohm, it really isnt going to work well with your amp.

Sammich
05-08-2008, 02:07 PM
I found it.
http://www.crutchfield.com/learningcenter/car/subwoofers_wiring.html?imageID=1DVC%5F2%2Dohm%5F2c h
Just like that. I never mess with stereos. they are always a pain. lol.

Ant.

yea thats what i was saying..i didnt mention the other wire (the green one shown)

pebojelly
05-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Stop,First what ohm load stable is your amp?
Second what ohm load is your sub?

If you have a amp that is 2 ohm stable and a dual 4ohm sub then you run it in series.
If you have a 2 or 4 ohm sub and a am that can only run 4ohm mono(bridged) and 2 ohm stero then you also have some options.

If you need any real help or a walk through shoot me a pm with your phone #.