PDA

View Full Version : Misc Gold's Gym Advice

Ran
05-08-2008, 08:57 AM
So I won a free 1-Year Membership to Gold's Gym through a raffle and was wondering if anyone had any advice for me. Is this a scam to hit me with a sh*tload of cancellation fees later on, or should I be okay? This is the first time I've had a gym membership so I'm trying to be careful and not get roped into something I'll regret later on.

blacknightteg
05-08-2008, 09:00 AM
not really sure...they usually just end your membership when its done. when i was there it just ended

Sammich
05-08-2008, 09:05 AM
bout time your bony arse gets some weight

Ran
05-08-2008, 09:12 AM
bout time your bony arse gets some weightQFT

That's the whole reason I'm even considering actually going. If I can tack on 20-40 pounds, I'll be very happy. :yes:

Sammich
05-08-2008, 09:13 AM
drink protein and creatine shakes...eat alot of potatoes and tuna and salmonella..i mean salmon :ninja:

Ran
05-08-2008, 09:16 AM
drink protein and creatine shakes...eat alot of potatoes and tuna and salmonella..i mean salmon :ninja:I've tried protein shakes but they didn't do much for me. I think my workout routine (or lack there-of) contributed to that. I dunno man, my uber-high metabolism makes it hard for me to keep weight on. :(

Sammich
05-08-2008, 09:17 AM
talk to reaper. i'm sure he can get u on something that can help u get ur weight up

Reaper
05-08-2008, 09:32 AM
I've tried protein shakes but they didn't do much for me. I think my workout routine (or lack there-of) contributed to that. I dunno man, my uber-high metabolism makes it hard for me to keep weight on. :(

I know where your coming from b/c I used to be a skinny-ass bast*rd..

read up on different excercises, and do whats most comfortable for you. Your diet is the MAIN reason why your not gaining weight. Suppliments are just an extra boost, but if you stay on just a solid healthy eating trend and workout 3-4 days a week...you'll gain that weight pretty quickly. Everyone needs cardio, but in the beginning I'd try to cut it out completely cuz u wanna gain weight...

www.bodybuilding.com is a great place to find exercises...just go to the articles section, find "exercises" on the left hand side and read up!! Write everything down..I've also found it easy to go to youtube and watch certain workouts just to see EXACTLY how they are done.

Make sure your working 1 area of your body per day...so like..

monday=chest/triceps aka "pushing"
tuesday=legs/abs
wednesday=off day
thursday=back/biceps/abs
friday=shoulders

or whatever days u wanna do them as long as they are seperate. and don't do the SAME routine over and over...switch it up everyweek...you can use some of the same excercises just make sure your changing it up a bit so ur body doesn't get used to the same old crap.

as far as eating healthy, refer to my thread on what to eat :goodjob:

hope this helps some, lmk if u have questions

Sammich
05-08-2008, 09:33 AM
so abs are to be done twice a week?

Reaper
05-08-2008, 09:35 AM
so abs are to be done twice a week?

it depends on the person...some do em daily..some do em once a week some do em twice...I advice twice just to give ur body a rest...where as I do them 3 times a week just because I spread them out far enough apart where they get enough rest :D

Sammich
05-08-2008, 09:35 AM
is it true that abs are the only muscles/part of ur body u can work everyday of the week

Reaper
05-08-2008, 09:46 AM
is it true that abs are the only muscles/part of ur body u can work everyday of the week

NO!

thats a COMMON misconseption!!! A lot of trainers think thats true, but if you train your abs like you do the rest of your body (properly of course) then you will see much better results than training them daily

Sammich
05-08-2008, 09:49 AM
wow..i got pwnt..guess i need to tell the wife i was told wrong..i swore i heard it on fit tv...

GuessWho
05-08-2008, 09:57 AM
Like for me i've being trying to get my chest bigger so seclude it to itself and do it on mondays...
I've noticed some improvements on size and strength as well ....

So maybe for anyone that wants to get a particular part of their muscles bigger to just work it out by itself on one day of the week..... If this makes any sense for anyone lol

Ran
05-08-2008, 10:02 AM
You must spread some reputation before giving it to Reaper again.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do some research and make a schedule that'll work out for me. :cheers:

Reaper
05-08-2008, 10:06 AM
You must spread some reputation before giving it to Reaper again.

Thanks for the advice. I'll do some research and make a schedule that'll work out for me. :cheers:

Any time! Lmk if you have questions!!

Ran
05-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Any time! Lmk if you have questions!!Got a diet you'd recommend for weight gain? Protein, starch, ect...?

Reaper
05-08-2008, 10:07 AM
Got a diet you'd recommend for weight gain? Protein, starch, ect...?

look @ my "eating healthy" thread

Sammich
05-08-2008, 10:08 AM
Lmk if you have questions!!

why is the sky blue?

Reaper
05-08-2008, 10:09 AM
why is the sky blue?

The sun's rays hit the
earths atmosphere, where the light is scattered by nitrogen and oxygen molecules in the air. The blue wavelength of this light is affected more than the red and green wavelengths, causing the surrounding air to appear blue. At sunset, the sun's light passes farther through the atmosphere, deflecting and decreasing the blue in the air. Scattering by dust particles and pollution in the air causes the sunset to appear red.

Zeeb
05-08-2008, 10:11 AM
if you dont want the member ship i'll take it :D

GuessWho
05-08-2008, 10:50 AM
The sun's rays hit the
earths atmosphere, where the light is scattered by nitrogen and oxygen molecules in the air. The blue wavelength of this light is affected more than the red and green wavelengths, causing the surrounding air to appear blue. At sunset, the sun's light passes farther through the atmosphere, deflecting and decreasing the blue in the air. Scattering by dust particles and pollution in the air causes the sunset to appear red.

Could it be ??????????
Negrodomous ????????????? :eek:

Ran
05-08-2008, 10:54 AM
if you dont want the member ship i'll take it :DI gotta go in on Saturday to check it out first. If I don't like it, I'll let you know. :goodjob:

Zeeb
05-08-2008, 10:55 AM
ok cool :D:D definatly let me know

Blitanicle99
05-12-2008, 03:17 PM
If you end up not using that membership Ill trade you a tank of gas in the stang for it... :)