View Full Version : salvage title

The Golden Child
08-18-2005, 10:39 AM
if you purchase a salvage titled car ..
can you get it cleared ??
if so how and where and how much ??

silver
08-18-2005, 10:41 AM
My car is a salvage title... so I know you can get a clear title cause mine is now... You have to get it re-certified. Go to the GA DMV website and you can find info there too. but other than that I dont know much more...

The Golden Child
08-18-2005, 11:48 AM
thanks man ..

silver
08-18-2005, 11:51 AM
I'm a chick.. not a dude... Check my title, lol

But no problem..

chuck
08-18-2005, 12:33 PM
you have to have it inspected again...

if it was crashed then you have to have all the proper OEM restoration done and have it inspected before being painted along with before and after pictures...not too sure how something like flood damage would work...what is it salvaged for?? what needs to be fixed?

chuck
08-18-2005, 12:35 PM
and heather...i "dude" doesn't have to refer to male or female...

" dude - n. - An Easterner or city person who vacations on a ranch in the West"

silver
08-18-2005, 12:38 PM
I don't recall vactioning on a ranch in the west.. but when I do.... then I will be a dude, lol

No.. it's just funny cause before that many people knew me they would always say thanks man or dude and , ah.. nevermind, lol

Dave
08-18-2005, 02:03 PM
as of july 1st, 2004 you must be a licensed used car dealer (or posses a used car reconditioning license with the state of GA) in order to get a vehicle inspected. in order to get a clear title on a salvage vehicle all damaged parts have to be fixed/replaced, car cannot be painted (it can be primed). all receipts of purchased parts have to included as well as at least 3 pictures of the vehicle showing all damaged parts. Cars cannot be driven to inspection stations, they must be towed. inspection station will check the vehicle, will plug it to the OBD2 reader and ABS computer. No engine code or abs/SRS lights can be on or else the car will fail.

all together with towing and inspection charges it takes about 450-500 bucks just to clean the title.

Dave
08-18-2005, 02:04 PM
if you need some help i can help you get this done, I did this on 4 of my vehicles already. I have a friend that does this for a living. write me a PM with what you need and i'll tell you how i can help you out.

The Golden Child
08-18-2005, 05:14 PM
mah bad silver ..
well gewd lewking chica .. haha

93H22ACX
08-19-2005, 11:08 AM
as of july 1st, 2004 you must be a licensed used car dealer (or posses a used car reconditioning license with the state of GA) in order to get a vehicle inspected. in order to get a clear title on a salvage vehicle all damaged parts have to be fixed/replaced, car cannot be painted (it can be primed). all receipts of purchased parts have to included as well as at least 3 pictures of the vehicle showing all damaged parts. Cars cannot be driven to inspection stations, they must be towed. inspection station will check the vehicle, will plug it to the OBD2 reader and ABS computer. No engine code or abs/SRS lights can be on or else the car will fail.

all together with towing and inspection charges it takes about 450-500 bucks just to clean the title.

if its a salvaged/rebuilt title out of state then you can have the car inspected yourself. You can send in $118 to the dept of safety with some forms and they can come out and take a look at ur car where ever your car is located.

If the car needs to be fixed then yes you will need to take the car to a licensed rebuilder to do...

Dave
08-19-2005, 02:04 PM
if its a salvaged/rebuilt title out of state then you can have the car inspected yourself. You can send in $118 to the dept of safety with some forms and they can come out and take a look at ur car where ever your car is located.

If the car needs to be fixed then yes you will need to take the car to a licensed rebuilder to do...

i called the DMV and the gainsville inspection station and they said all public inspections are no longer done (since july 1st 2004) even if out of state.

93H22ACX
08-19-2005, 02:09 PM
just last week the auto inspector came out to inspect my car at the shop.

The Golden Child
09-07-2005, 02:34 PM
whats the zero figures to replace the whole right side ??

93 hatch ..