PDA

View Full Version : Think Oil Prices Are High Now?

Brett
05-07-2008, 06:59 PM
I was reading on CNN's website today and they are saying some experts are predicting oil may go up to $150-$200 within the next 2 years. Now a year ago il was $70 a barrell and today closed at $123, so $150 isnt to far off. Also the guy who 2 years ago predicted $4 gas and we all laughed at that idea thinking it would never happen predicts in 2 years we will see $10 a gallon gas :eek:

Reaper
05-07-2008, 07:20 PM
I hate CNN...but I believe that...its not like theres a damn shortage lirl

90_ACCORD
05-07-2008, 07:28 PM
damn i really hope that doesnt happen
isnt there a better alternative?

BlkCD5
05-07-2008, 07:39 PM
I hope they ****ing drink their oil.

x Resilience
05-07-2008, 07:43 PM
You're old, I doubt you'll ever see 10 dollars a gallon. :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

Just joking, back on topic. The **** is outrageous, I wonder if the hourly wage will go up.

tony
05-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Inflation is a *****

I told a friend of something like this a few years ago, that the price of gasoline will continue to rise until the American people push back and demand action from our government.

I do think people here have a breaking point and that will be well before $10 a gallon, we do not have the infrastructure to drastically change consumption at this time but at some point its no longer economical to even go to work. Someone making $10 an hour with a 10-15 minute commute would be working against theirself at that price.

redpanda
05-07-2008, 08:10 PM
umm..time to invest in a bicycle

DB4LYFE ™
05-07-2008, 08:47 PM
I NEED A RAISE! :(

~DB4LYFE

Crazy Asian
05-07-2008, 10:26 PM
In Cali it did. 8 bucks an hour for minimum wage to deal with the rising cost of living in LA. Trust me you guys have it nice in GA where things arent that expensive as say Cali where 8.25% tax and gas is a 4 something for premium, it really is nice.

And tony I dont know I havent read the paper but are we coming to a recession? I was reading the Economist but it sounded like trash but usually they are trash magazine.

92spoolin
05-07-2008, 10:34 PM
If we didn't have so many greenpeace homos we wouldn't have such a high cost for oil.

chnco
05-08-2008, 12:37 AM
this is not inflation, right now this is a state of hyperinflation.

BB1_Luda
05-08-2008, 01:14 AM
I literally cry everytime I fill gad damn. And I drive a honda.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/a/ad/Oil_Prices_Medium_Term.jpg/800px-Oil_Prices_Medium_Term.jpg

TIGERJC
05-08-2008, 01:35 AM
Has anybody heard a comedian that said this " I am not a conspiracist, but if Colonel Sanders was in office and the price of chicken jumped up, I would be really suspicious about his role"

TheGodfather
05-08-2008, 02:07 AM
KEEP GOING UP PLEASE!

KEEP THESE IDIOTS OFF THE ROAD!

3.5altman
05-08-2008, 03:26 AM
well i guess its time to get bike! not a motorcycle, but a bike :D

Frög
05-08-2008, 03:28 AM
this hobby is going to get pretty price ehh?

IndianStig
05-08-2008, 03:56 AM
this hobby is going to get pretty price ehh?

no more poor ricers lol. we'll have RICH ricers now haha.

yeah, I am DEF getting a bike. **** mongoose.....R6 FTW!

Julio
05-08-2008, 04:31 AM
You guys talk and talk and talk about gas prices ... But I never read where you guys talk about the real problem...

Hugo Chavez President of Venezuela.. they need a way to either remove him from power or work something out... He is the main cause of Fuel prices.

Brett
05-08-2008, 06:28 AM
He is a big reason for it to, But our demand has dropped for gas due to people not driving as much but everywhere else in the world demand has gone up, I think its more a Supply and Demand issue and as long as they know they can charge what they want and people have to pay it no matter how bad we complain... it will keep going up.

Frög
05-08-2008, 09:15 PM
You guys talk and talk and talk about gas prices ... But I never read where you guys talk about the real problem...

Hugo Chavez President of Venezuela.. they need a way to either remove him from power or work something out... He is the main cause of Fuel prices.

thats really not the reason why.. its part of it, but the real reason is the value of our dollar, and the fact that we are running out of petrol..

look at other countries, France is paying more per litter than we are per gallon.. So they are paying ~10+ dollars per gallon, and Venezuela is not part of the issue..

dohc4.6sc
05-08-2008, 09:47 PM
didnt read the thread but gas will be at 3$ + from now on. all sellers know they can get that now. as far as oil prices we have found two very good sources of oil in the u.s one being north dakota and i dont remember the other one but my point is gas will never go under 3$ A gallon again EVER.

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 12:09 AM
bullsh1t, gas at $10 a gallon? ppl would stop buying. now gas at about $6 or so a gallon, that's totally feasible seeing as how that's what most of the rest of the world has been paying for quite some time.

ppl need to stop bitching, we're just catching up to everyone else bc we're losing the super duper power status.

Frög
05-09-2008, 01:11 AM
dude, if price is 10 a gallon, people would still buy!! how would you go to work?

unlike other cities with intricate public transportation, we are obligated to drive regardless of the price of gas.. Gas in other countries at 10$ a gallon sells, so...

GSRteg®
05-09-2008, 01:30 AM
Just joking, back on topic. The **** is outrageous, I wonder if the hourly wage will go up.

Its needs to since the price of gas and food are going up.

Frög
05-09-2008, 02:54 AM
Its needs to since the price of gas and food are going up.

needs to.. but will it.. :no:

ShooterMcGavin
05-09-2008, 08:22 AM
dude, if price is 10 a gallon, people would still buy!! how would you go to work?

unlike other cities with intricate public transportation, we are obligated to drive regardless of the price of gas.. Gas in other countries at 10$ a gallon sells, so...

i ride the bus :yes: i NEED to drive all of 15 mi a day.

ironchef
05-09-2008, 08:26 AM
thats really not the reason why.. its part of it, but the real reason is the value of our dollar, and the fact that we are running out of petrol..

look at other countries, France is paying more per litter than we are per gallon.. So they are paying ~10+ dollars per gallon, and Venezuela is not part of the issue..We're not running out of oil. In fact they find more and more everyday, its just no one is drilling for it, so they can keep the supply tighter and charge more money. France is paying like $9-10/gallon, however half of that is taxes, part of which get funneled back into things like better public transportation.