PDA

View Full Version : wont fire up!!!!

wOZrally
05-07-2008, 03:26 PM
so i just got this 95 cx hatch for cheap cause it wont start up. the guy said a week ago he drove it home and tried to start it up and wouldnt.

i put in the key and i hear the fuel pump working and it turns over but will not fire up.

i checked fuses
put new fuel filter
put new spark plugs/wires
put new distributor cap
put new battery

what could be wrong

JITB
05-07-2008, 03:31 PM
good luck with that...

Barefoot
05-07-2008, 03:31 PM
u said u replaced the plugs and wores but did u have any spark. do u have a
CEL on.

wOZrally
05-07-2008, 03:36 PM
i havent gotten a spark tester and no cel.

im about to check the distributor rotor button and see whats up

d_day87
05-07-2008, 03:50 PM

im about to check the distributor rotor button and see whats up

thats probably what it is. bought a crx the same way, replaced the rotor button, fired right up. goodluck tho

Barefoot
05-07-2008, 04:05 PM

im about to check the distributor rotor button and see whats upjust pull the plug wire off stick a screw driver in it. hold it near a ground (less than a 1/4" away). normally i use ! of the the valve cover bolts for the ground. have somebody bump the motor and ull see the spark.

if there is no spark there are few things to check

coil
rotor
distributor cap
ecu
wiring defect

wOZrally
05-07-2008, 04:15 PM
^ yeah i was jus reading up on that thanks! we'll see we'll see

wOZrally
05-07-2008, 05:25 PM
well...

i believe im getting very very little spark. when spark plug wire is set only very close to vc nut there is a small red spark.

http://www.tegger.com/hondafaq/startproblems.html#badcoil

from this site, it states the spark should be loud and be able to reach an inch away and should be purple-blue

also the rotor button seems fine and looks new

seniosoul
05-07-2008, 07:29 PM
just pull the plug wire off stick a screw driver in it. hold it near a ground (less than a 1/4" away). normally i use ! of the the valve cover bolts for the ground. have somebody bump the motor and ull see the spark.

if there is no spark there are few things to check

coil
rotor
distributor cap
ecu
wiring defect

edit: lol what he said. . .

wOZrally
05-07-2008, 09:28 PM
edit: lol what he said. . .

....okay. that actually does work.

teh_mugen18
05-07-2008, 09:32 PM
just pull the plug wire off stick a screw driver in it. hold it near a ground (less than a 1/4" away). normally i use ! of the the valve cover bolts for the ground. have somebody bump the motor and ull see the spark.

Yeah, you dont need a spark tester, just WATCH the spark plugs and you can see them for yourself if they're firing or not. what you do is you take the plug out, attatch it to the plug wire and then ground the plug terminal. crank the engine, and you SHOULD see the blue spark coming out of the plug. if you dont see that, then you have no spark. simple. Thats what i did when my teggy wouldnt crank.

Also, check the SMALLER things as well. in my teg, it turned out it wouldnt crank because of 2 things and both of them were less than ~3cm in size. So make sure you comb through there.:cheers:

wOZrally
05-07-2008, 09:45 PM
Yeah, you dont need a spark tester, just WATCH the spark plugs and you can see them for yourself if they're firing or not. what you do is you take the plug out, attatch it to the plug wire and then ground the plug terminal. crank the engine, and you SHOULD see the blue spark coming out of the plug. if you dont see that, then you have no spark. simple. Thats what i did when my teggy wouldnt crank.

Also, check the SMALLER things as well. in my teg, it turned out it wouldnt crank because of 2 things and both of them were less than ~3cm in size. So make sure you comb through there.:cheers:

yeah i already did that and got it cranking.

wish it ended with a happy story.... dun dun duuuuuun!!!!!!

SO you know i do the spark test and results were bad. so i get a new starter because i had already gotten a new battery. I install the starter and still nothing. so i do the spark test and get a good result. it is sparking louder and stronger. so i think to myself all is left is fuel injectors are super clogged or the fuel pressure is off. so i run a test on the injectors by taking off the spark plugs one by one and friend cranks it while im holding some paper towel in the spark plug barrel and fuel is reachin into the piston, whether it was enough i would have had to check the pressure. but i sit in the car holding the clutch and the gas and kept the key turned and its getting closer to crank on and finally does! im like YESS!!! then my friend say TURN OFF THE CAR NOW!!! i turn it off and coolant....coming out of the muffler.........

:(

the end