PDA

View Full Version : Thanks Jim Tidwell Ford! for epically pwning me

Ran
05-07-2008, 08:55 AM
Thanks for the f*cking ticket. I paid to have the tag transferred from my Toyota Yaris to my Mustang and what happens?

They never put it through! Out-f*cking-standing.

These guys watched me screw the plate onto the Mustang before I even drove it off the lot and said, "You'll be fine. Enjoy your car!" Little did I know...

So now I've called the dealership and spoken to their secretary who, in turn, will talk to the general manager and have him give me a call back. These guys better pay for this ticket AND transfer my tag over or I am going to be seriously pissed.

:mad:

RESOLVED ON PAGE 2

Sammich
05-07-2008, 08:57 AM
DANG SON

Ran
05-07-2008, 09:02 AM
Cop: "This vehicle came back as a Toyota Yaris. Can you tell me why that is?"
Ran: "I traded in my Yaris for the Mustang. Did the tag not get transferred over?"
Cop: "Apparently not. Do you have any paperwork confirming your claim?"
Ran: "Yeah, here's all my paper work including, license, and insurance information."
Cop: "Thank you. Sit tight for a minute."

- 20 Minutes Later -

Cop: "Okay sir, here's your information back. Now I'm going to issue you a ticket for driving an unregistered vehicle."
Ran: "Really?! But I paid to have it transferred! Can't you cut me a break until I get it to the dealership this afternoon?"
Cop: "No sir. This is an unregistered vehicle and if I see you driving it again, I'll take you to jail. Please sign the citation here and call somebody to come pick you up."

All of this happened about 200 yards from my work. :2up:

ahmonrah
05-07-2008, 09:02 AM
now that's foul.....

Sammich
05-07-2008, 09:04 AM
:wtf: so you couldnt drive your mustang home? so u had to leave it on the side of the road and have someone tow it...gay

Ran
05-07-2008, 09:07 AM
:wtf: so you couldnt drive your mustang home? so u had to leave it on the side of the road and have someone tow it...gayI was seriously like 150-200 yards down the road from my work and he wouldn't even let me drive it there to park it. I had to get a co-worker to come pick me up and drive the Mustang down to our gated parking lot. So now I gotta get a rid home, then get a ride to DMV tomorrow morning, then a ride to work. Hooray.

Sammich
05-07-2008, 09:08 AM
damn that sux major ass. u called the dealership yet?

AlanŽ
05-07-2008, 09:10 AM
that sucks man. If they say it's gonna take any additional time to get the title transffered over get them to give you another temp tag so you can drive at least.

Ran
05-07-2008, 09:12 AM
damn that sux major ass. u called the dealership yet?Yes

that sucks man. If they say it's gonna take any additional time to get the title transffered over get them to give you another temp tag so you can drive at least.I may have to do that. I dunno man. I've never had anything like this happen before.

ShooterMcGavin
05-07-2008, 09:13 AM
:smileowne title changed to reflect as such :goodjob:

Ran
05-07-2008, 09:18 AM
:smileowne title changed to reflect as such :goodjob:lol, thanks @ss

ShooterMcGavin
05-07-2008, 09:18 AM
haha np :D gl w/the tag thing though, if nothing else they owe you a TAF plate :yes:

Sammich
05-07-2008, 09:21 AM
i dont know why they just didnt give u a temp tag anyway like a dealership tag

Vteckidd
05-07-2008, 09:25 AM
man that cops is full of it.

YOu can drive the car, just write yourself a bill of sale or go to the dealership an get a temp tag on your lunch break.

As long as you have insurance he cant take you to jail for NO TAG.

just put a driveout tag on it, worse case scenario its a $100 fine, an if you o to court an prove you have registration, they will drop it.

On_Her_Face
05-07-2008, 09:27 AM
Thanks for the f*cking ticket. I paid to have the tag transferred from my Toyota Yaris to my Mustang and what happens?

They never put it through! Out-f*cking-standing.

These guys watched me screw the plate onto the Mustang before I even drove it off the lot and said, "You'll be fine. Enjoy your car!" Little did I know...

So now I've called the dealership and spoken to their secretary who, in turn, will talk to the general manager and have him give me a call back. These guys better pay for this ticket AND transfer my tag over or I am going to be seriously pissed.

:mad:

LOL my customers always ask if they can put their plate on LAWLS

Ran
05-07-2008, 10:31 AM
YOu can drive the car, just write yourself a bill of sale or go to the dealership an get a temp tag on your lunch break.I would, but I'm in Alpharetta and the dealership is in Marietta.

As long as you have insurance he cant take you to jail for NO TAG.

just put a driveout tag on it, worse case scenario its a $100 fine, an if you o to court an prove you have registration, they will drop it.That's what I'm hoping for. If it gets dropped or if the dealer will cover the charge, I'm not going to worry about it.

Sammich
05-07-2008, 10:34 AM
id see it getting dropped, but knowing the dealer, they are not going to pay for it

cornercarver78
05-07-2008, 10:52 AM
How long have you had the car? You can drive it legally for 1 month after you buy it with a temp tag. The dealer is supposed to give you a temp tag, process the title info, send it to you within a month, and then you take it to the dmv and they switch it over and you can put your tag on then.

Whoever told you to take the tag off your old car and put it on the new one should have known better, and may have been playing a joke on you.

Ran
05-07-2008, 10:58 AM
How long have you had the car? You can drive it legally for 1 month after you buy it with a temp tag. The dealer is supposed to give you a temp tag, process the title info, send it to you within a month, and then you take it to the dmv and they switch it over and you can put your tag on then.I've had the car since Feburary.

Whoever told you to take the tag off your old car and put it on the new one should have known better, and may have been playing a joke on you.Yeah, well I'm not laughing. :mad:

Stormhammer
05-07-2008, 11:44 AM
you got tentacle hentai assraped

oooooh the irony of it all

EJ25RUN
05-07-2008, 11:50 AM
raise hell at the dealer.

When i was working at one and they failed at getting that done, the G.M. had to personally take care of it.

Don't let them of easy, if their superiors at Ford find out, they will be in a sh!t pile they cant get out of.

Again, don't be pissed, handle it the right way. They are LEGALLY not allowed to screw you like this. It's their part of doing business with you.

Ran
05-07-2008, 11:50 AM
Resolved

Just got off the phone with the rep at Jim Tidwell Ford. Apparently this has happened a couple of times lately. Nice to know.

Good news is that they will reinburse any fines or penalties that I may incure as a result of this should I actually have to pay the ticket. The judge will (hopefully) throw the ticket out since I'm going to go do the $5 transfer bit tomorrow morning. But, if they don't, then Jim Tidwell Ford said that they'll write me a check for the due amount.

I was angry that this got botched in the first place, but I'm very happy that the dealership is going to stand behind their mistake and not hang me out to dry.

I'm happy again. :)

Sammich
05-07-2008, 11:51 AM
thats whats up..hopefully they follow through w/ their word

ShooterMcGavin
05-07-2008, 12:26 PM
Yeah, well I'm not laughing. :mad:
yeah but they might be lollerskating all over the dealership right now :lmfao:

ShooterMcGavin
05-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Resolved

Just got off the phone with the rep at Jim Tidwell Ford. Apparently this has happened a couple of times lately. Nice to know.

Good news is that they will reinburse any fines or penalties that I may incure as a result of this should I actually have to pay the ticket. The judge will (hopefully) throw the ticket out since I'm going to go do the $5 transfer bit tomorrow morning. But, if they don't, then Jim Tidwell Ford said that they'll write me a check for the due amount.

I was angry that this got botched in the first place, but I'm very happy that the dealership is going to stand behind their mistake and not hang me out to dry.

I'm happy again. :)
you have more mood swings than a female on her period :yes:

Stormhammer
05-07-2008, 12:27 PM
so they gave you a reach around after you got raped. congratu****inglations. :( my hand is getting old of its job :(

Ed
05-07-2008, 01:10 PM
shouldn't have bought a ford. plain simple.

:D

sorry dude glad you got it fixed.

Ran
05-07-2008, 01:11 PM
you have more mood swings than a female on her period :yes:I'm not that bad. Trust me, I've seen how bad they get. I was just heated this morning due to the fact. Since they've actually come to resolve the problem, I've no real reason to be angry anymore.

so they gave you a reach around after you got raped. congratu****inglations. :( my hand is getting old of its job :(I'm just pleased with how quickly they were to admit fault and attempt to help me out. There was no fight or arguement at all. That says a lot in my book. Most dealerships would find any kind of reason to make you at fault, but these people came right out and said, "We messed up. We're sorry. We'll pay you back anything that it may cost you."

Despite the initial screw-up, the customer service at Jim Tidwell has been great.

Sport1.3
05-07-2008, 01:27 PM
LAWLZ, seeing the event driving into work today was awesome:lmfao:

Mr_Mischif
05-07-2008, 04:46 PM
you got tentacle hentai assraped

oooooh the irony of it all

LOLLERBATION I wish I still had like 255 chars so I could change my sig again.

Julio
05-07-2008, 05:58 PM
Even though they admited fault...

I dont think you were to bright neither... I mean, screwing the tag on the stang before you even left the dealership was up there on the stupidity scale with there mistake.

I mean , lets say the cops wouldve pulled you over the same day you bought the car? Whos fault wouldve been then? You know it takes a few days to process if they wouldve done the transfer..

I wouldve just asked for a Temp tag and follow up....

Double dumb mistake.

scabtastic
05-07-2008, 07:43 PM
glad everything went for the better...They screwed one of my buddies over...they pre-approved him for a 2500hd they had...he traded in his 3.5 altima...they called him back 4 days later saying that he didnt get approved...they needed the truck back and they had to get his car back from the auction...pretty messed up but oh well

Ran
05-08-2008, 08:04 AM
Even though they admited fault...

I dont think you were to bright neither... I mean, screwing the tag on the stang before you even left the dealership was up there on the stupidity scale with there mistake.

I mean , lets say the cops wouldve pulled you over the same day you bought the car? Whos fault wouldve been then? You know it takes a few days to process if they wouldve done the transfer..No, I didn't know it took a few days for the transfer to go through. Seeing how it's all done on the computer right there, I figured it was an instantaneous thing. I was also led to believe it was that way. Either way, next time I'll know better.

I wouldve just asked for a Temp tag and follow up...I'll do that in the future.

Mike Lowrey
05-08-2008, 10:18 AM
Cop: "This vehicle came back as a Toyota Yaris. Can you tell me why that is?"
Ran: "I traded in my Yaris for the Mustang. Did the tag not get transferred over?"
Cop: "Apparently not. Do you have any paperwork confirming your claim?"
Ran: "Yeah, here's all my paper work including, license, and insurance information."
Cop: "Thank you. Sit tight for a minute."

- 20 Minutes Later -

Cop: "Okay sir, here's your information back. Now I'm going to issue you a ticket for driving an unregistered vehicle."
Ran: "Really?! But I paid to have it transferred! Can't you cut me a break until I get it to the dealership this afternoon?"
Cop: "No sir. This is an unregistered vehicle and if I see you driving it again, I'll take you to jail. Please sign the citation here and call somebody to come pick you up."

All of this happened about 200 yards from my work. :2up:

Bottom line is the cop was an ass. Had the same thing happen to me when I traded the IS350 in for the Lotus. Got pulled over because the plate came back as a Lexus. Showed my paperwork to the officer and he prompty let me go with a "make sure you get this resolved".

Ran
05-08-2008, 10:36 AM
Bottom line is the cop was an ass. Had the same thing happen to me when I traded the IS350 in for the Lotus. Got pulled over because the plate came back as a Lexus. Showed my paperwork to the officer and he prompty let me go with a "make sure you get this resolved".Roswell cops, what can you do? :rolleyes: