PDA

View Full Version : 92 integra Rs b18a1. . .HEEEEELP ! !! !

seniosoul
05-06-2008, 09:44 PM
ok to start off
1. when i turn car off i hear a hissing somewhere near/in the break booster area; is this normal, but if not i'm thinking I got a vacuum leak.

2.when the car is running and i touch the top of the spark plug wire i can feel a thumping. the first plug closer to the distrbuter is a slight thumping and the thrid 1 over has a slightly harder thumping than the first. my uncle recommened me to change the brand of oil, and weed out the problem from there.

3.how do i remove my exhaust. . .the bolts have 2 springs on each one. ..do i need a special tool or something.

ALL "helpful" suggestions are welcome! ! !

seniosoul
05-07-2008, 06:17 AM
ttt

fightrice
05-07-2008, 06:55 AM
No their is not a special tool if i remember right to get the exaust off. The hissing is not normal.

As for the thumping i would have to be their to actually tell you a right answer. Could be the plug wires. i think my rx7 did the same thing later i looked into it and it was arking. idk if it could be the oil tho. Jus what i think may not be right but id go over the ignition system

EmminoDaGreat
05-07-2008, 07:15 AM
tighten your plugs

G.C
05-07-2008, 07:26 AM
you probably do have a leak somewhere if you can hear a "hissing" noise from somewhere. for the thumping noise my friend 92 integra rs is doing the samething. Check your sparkplug , wire, and cap. the usual.

seanrg1116
05-07-2008, 10:08 AM
the exhaust bolts should be a 12mm and 14mm just loosen them, the spring bolts act as a flex in the exhaust so make sure you reuse them or u could end up with a cracked header

seniosoul
05-07-2008, 11:48 AM
the exhaust bolts should be a 12mm and 14mm just loosen them, the spring bolts act as a flex in the exhaust so make sure you reuse them or u could end up with a cracked header
that worked props;i got the exhaust off had to use a custom breaker: that exhaust/muffler been on since 92'

tighten your plugs
will do

you probably do have a leak somewhere if you can hear a "hissing" noise from somewhere. for the thumping noise my friend 92 integra rs is doing the samething. Check your sparkplug , wire, and cap. the usual.
you took me to get spark plug wires yesterday.:whaasup:

seniosoul
05-07-2008, 07:19 PM
alright heres the update. . . I crunk the car up a couple times today and let it warm up. . .then i took a break, came back, tried to crank it again and it wouldn't start. I installed the muffler/exhaust and 4 ngk plugs and still nothing. . . I tested the spark plug wires and poof I got fire, so no problem with the distributor. . .

does anyone know where the fuel pressure relief valve is. . .

ALL SUGGESTION are welcome

seniosoul
05-07-2008, 08:43 PM
alright another update. ..i unconnected the fuel pump electrical plug. . .cranked the car and it started right up them it stalled out
then i reconnected the fuel pump electrical plug then it just started back up with no problems now just back to square one.

>Can i get any suggestions about the hissing noise when i turn my car off. . .coming from around the break booster and to add, my idle sits around 1k-2k it varies but never drops below 1k
could fellow DA driver see if this happens when you turn your car off

heres where the noise is coming from
http://i32.tinypic.com/14vo5zr.jpg

fightrice
05-08-2008, 07:46 AM
Well on my Da when i turned the Car off the hissing way coming from my intake stoping sucking air. My friends Da if i remember right didnt do the hissing noise. Just if your sure its coming from around that area. I would do the old tire trick and rub a lil of soapy water around their and look for bubbles when you cut the car off.

seniosoul
05-08-2008, 08:58 AM
i don't know if the air could be going out or in. . my uncle told me about the soap water method, but if air is being sucked in then that would be ineffective.

teh_mugen18
05-08-2008, 03:38 PM
no, dont put the soap/water on the intake, put it on the brake booster and vac lines for it....if its a leak then a little bit of the stuff should kinda get sucked into the lines correct?

cardesignz
05-08-2008, 04:17 PM
You have a vacuum leak (high, bouncing idle is a dead giveaway, especially when you can hear it). Check all of the small vacuum lines on the intake manifold and the larger one going to the brake booster. I had a could of mine come loose from the back of the intake manifold before, and it acted and sounded the same way. If all else fails, go to the parts store and buy some vacuum line and replace all of the little ones, since they are probably old and brittle if they aren't cracked already.

seniosoul
05-08-2008, 06:27 PM
lol. . . to late for checking vacuum leaks now. ..so this thread should rest now until i finish putting my clutch in. BTW does any one have a clutch alignment tool for sale. . .looks like this http://www.sracing.com/Store/FV_Stuff/cl_align_tool.jpg

and yea I'll replace the hoses and whatnot as soon as it's able to crank.

cardesignz
05-08-2008, 08:16 PM
^buy a clutch kit, use the tool, and return the clutch kit - like tool rental.

fightrice
05-09-2008, 07:37 AM
i think i got one sitting at the house if u wanna come pick it up. you can have it. send me a pm and wel get info

seniosoul
05-09-2008, 11:10 AM
how do i get to the CV axles from here. . . I can't get this thing to budge and I broke a rachet trying to take this center bolt off(yea i had a breaker bar on the rachet)
http://i27.tinypic.com/2ni3b89.jpg

dumpdaccord
05-09-2008, 11:50 AM
pull the uppr control arm and the bolt on the bottom control arm. and the tie rod and carefully pull it out from the tranny and it will hang there out the way.

southside
05-14-2008, 03:24 AM
Its a 32mm and I use impact to get it most of the time.Due to the fact I have broken about 6 half drives trying to get it off.

scrxils
05-14-2008, 07:57 AM
^^^ thats what i do but i haven't broke any yet at all and been doing it for awhile now (thank you snap-on)