PDA

View Full Version : traffic violation

umairejaz
03-18-2005, 09:38 AM
in class right now and was wondering if anyone knew the fine for a "Disobedience of any traffic-control device or traffic officer" violation is? i did alittle research and know that they give you 3 points on your licence. I am 18 and have a nice clean record. how many points can u have without geting your your licence revoked, suspended, or withdrawn?

any advice on if i should show up in court, traffic school, or just pay up?

it is my fault and i take full responsibility in my actions. i was kind to the cop and very respectful as iv learned to be. whats my chances?

Kristi
03-18-2005, 09:40 AM
it always helps out if you go to traffic school willingly - heather did that for her speeding ticket and it helped, but its your decision

99SI
03-18-2005, 09:45 AM
I know you said the legal name for the violation, however, you have piqued my curiosity. Give us the full damn story!

speed
03-18-2005, 09:48 AM
3-5 sucka

umairejaz
03-18-2005, 09:53 AM
just trying to get to school on time and it was a very foggy morning. Im doing about 45 in a 35 and the light up ahead turns yellow and i speed up to get under it.

a motorcycle cop was behind me and saw the entire thing and proceeded to pull me over. said i was doing 50 and asked why i had ran the light. i said it was foggy and i wasn't paying attention, that the light has just jumped out at me.

he goes back and sees i have no tag because i was driving another car off my dads lot two days before. askes for insurence and profe of ownership of the vehicle.

comes back with two tickets saying the vehical is unregistered and me ignoring a traffic device. i agree with im on it and say i will take it up with my father to see why the vehical is not registered.

i thank him for being prompt and for understand me being late to class. i reach out to shake his hand and he totally denies the hand shake and just turns around and leaves. dunno what was up with that but i didn't care.

ruah_23
03-18-2005, 10:02 AM
in class right now and was wondering if anyone knew the fine for a "Disobedience of any traffic-control device or traffic officer" violation is? i did alittle research and know that they give you 3 points on your licence. I am 18 and have a nice clean record. how many points can u have without geting your your licence revoked, suspended, or withdrawn?

any advice on if i should show up in court, traffic school, or just pay up?

it is my fault and i take full responsibility in my actions. i was kind to the cop and very respectful as iv learned to be. whats my chances?

$130 bond forfeiture in Norcross

99SI
03-18-2005, 10:07 AM
If it is a car off of a car lot, your dad should have a fleet policy card. Take that and explain to the court that you were "test" driving the car because it had recently had some repairs. Unless you are "test" driving a car, it should have a dealer plate on it. I get pulled over all the time driving on a drive out tag from my lot and I tell the cop I'm "test" driving it and show them my fleet insurance card that covers all the vehicles. As for running the light, you're on your own.

The Ren
03-18-2005, 11:06 AM
I got a "Failure to yield at a stopsign" for my car accident... 3 pts and an $89 fine in cobb county