PDA

View Full Version : I did it.......

SV650S
05-05-2008, 03:00 PM
i know everone said not for me to be riding wheelies an everything....an i didn't listen. Blew up the sv yesturday, its knocking so freakin bad. I had to drive it about a mile home, it was knocking so hard i could feel it in the handlebars...yeah i know i'm gonna get frowned upon..But i figured i'd let you guys know... which brings me to my question... Is it possible to put a gsxr motor on the sv, its the 04 model. i was just wondering if the moor would fit seeing how i can buy the regualr sv motor to put back on it for almost the same price as the 600 motor just wondrin if anyone has heard of such being done before or should i jus sell the damn thing an move on. Anyways it kinda pisses me off i blew it up but i knew it would eventually happen jus got $1000 left an the damn thing is paid for........The bad part is that Karma sucks a$$, my girl dumped me last thursday an her roomate didn't know about it So I call up hr roomate before the got off work an asked if she wanted to go riding jus to piss the x off........and once agian i get bit on the rear by noneother than Karma....it be aight though i been through worse.

Cool Cat Racing
05-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Only the 650 motor will fit, the frame isn't even wide enough for the 1000 motor. I'll buy the bike for what you owe on it though. I've been wanting another 650S for a track bike. Your only option with the SV frame is to go back with the original motor type or sell it. There are some big bore kits available for them if you want to rebuild the motor. I've looked in to a few for my 04 as well.

ueyedgr8tness
05-06-2008, 05:50 PM
lol!! i say sell it to ^ and then go get u a gsxr600 so u can ride some real wheelies...

Cool Cat Racing
05-07-2008, 01:02 PM
I agree with him. lol Sell it to me and buy a GSXR. I love the SV's for fun track bikes and easy riding mountain bikes. I've put over 10K on my 04 SVS since october, of course I generally leave it on both wheels.

gottraction?
05-08-2008, 10:47 PM
or just keep both wheels on the ground and it last longer! Id stick another sv motor in there man!

EJ25RUN
05-09-2008, 12:04 AM
Should buy gear for the bike to stunt, just like you buy gear for yourself to not turn into bacon.

Cool Cat Racing
05-09-2008, 07:27 AM
With the SV's its not worth it. You can't really do what needs to be done for what its worth to just buy a better setup to begin with.

Tarzanman
05-11-2008, 07:38 PM
You need to figure out whether you want to learn to ride, or learn to stunt.

If you use 1 bike to do both, then you're going to f#$ it up, plain and simple

SV650S
05-12-2008, 03:33 PM
I like to f stuff up dude its in my dna...anyways yea man im gonna call see exactly how much is left on the bike only kicker is i dropped it in my driveway when i first got it, but it did not have the fairings on it when i dropped it the first time the second time i was doin a circle burnout i guess you'd call it, an for some reason i dropped it again broke the front brake handle an put a u in the back break it still works an all anyhoot i check on it for ya

DieselNuts
05-12-2008, 03:35 PM
they make a big bore kit for that bike. I hear it turns it into a wolf in sheeps clothing.

jfman
05-14-2008, 10:08 PM
Got pix of the bike? How much do you want for it?

Tech5
05-21-2008, 09:03 PM
wow sorry to hear about that man

SV650S
05-24-2008, 09:46 AM
they make a big bore kit for that bike. I hear it turns it into a wolf in sheeps clothing.

hmmm we were just lookin at the bike an i was looking online for a rebuild kit. Haven't found any yet where is this big bore kit you speak of...? Let me know where i can get it at...it sounds very interesting

Justin.
05-24-2008, 12:02 PM
Wheelies are fun. Good luck with fixing the bike.

Cool Cat Racing
05-24-2008, 05:19 PM
hmmm we were just lookin at the bike an i was looking online for a rebuild kit. Haven't found any yet where is this big bore kit you speak of...? Let me know where i can get it at...it sounds very interesting
Look on SVriders.com. There are some threads about the few out there. They're not cheap though and unless you're racing the bike I wouldn't bother. You can spend the money on a better bike and not have the few problems the SV's have. A new engine on Ebay can be had for under $1K to your door and only takes a few hours to swap.