PDA

View Full Version : Car jackers need to watch where they're going

superboost
05-05-2008, 10:46 AM
So I was on my way to work, blasting my music, rolling towards a red light awaiting the green signal to turn. All of a sudden, I hear two gunshots go off at the adjacent gas station across the street to my left and a late model Volvo XC90 comes barrelling out of the parking lot. It streaks across two lanes of oncoming traffic into my lane. Its pretty obvious he's going for the turning lane I'm sitting in, and he is on a direct path to t-bone me.

I slam on my brakes and he just narrowly skates past my car, smacking the front bumper, pushing the headlight assembly out of place and destroying the driver's side corner lamp. He stops just a few feet ahead of me, a fellow jumps out of the vehicle brandishing a pistol, runs back, hops over the corner of my hood he just smashed (wall to wall traffic), then runs to a Ford Bronco in the opposite lane. He hops in the bronco and they drive off. The XC90 that just hit me drives off, but I was pissed! I floored it and slid the car around the 90 degree intersection to try and chase his ass down. I managed to catch him just after one redlight and snapped a picture with my camera phone. Undaunted, I quickly memorized his tag, scribbled it on a receipt and turned off into a strip mall. I took a few turns to make sure I was not being followed, then continued to work so that I could survey the damage.

The volvo didn't suffer too many scratches, just some light damage to the front end, a hanging headlight assembly and a missing lens. Also, my bumper is cracked and probably will need to be replaced. However, for my efforts, the police now have a (blurry) image of the suspect vehicle as well as their license plate number. APD pisses me off. I go to report a crime just occured and they want MY license, registration and proof of insurance.

Probably were fishing for a reason to write a citation. bastids.

Kevykev
05-05-2008, 11:01 AM
bastids.

:lmfao:

I'll read the rest later!

Mr. Clean
05-05-2008, 11:03 AM
pics or bs.