PDA

View Full Version : (need help from gun owners) securing a long gun in a car

efman
05-04-2008, 10:08 PM
i'm wanting to set up a way to keep a long gun in my car, but i want a way to mount it most likely in the trunk that will keep it safe from moving around and secure from theft or getting into the wrong hands, if anyone has and ideas or knowledge i'd apreciate it i've never seen a thread on this so anyhelp is welcomed and please dont flame my idea or grammar thanks lol :goodjob:

markopolo311
05-04-2008, 10:15 PM
get yourself a locking gun rack of somekind

http://www.thegreathardwarestore.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=328021&click=2744

you can probably get a better one that's more meant for a specific gun etc.

efman
05-04-2008, 10:17 PM
thanks for the link

Tech5
05-04-2008, 10:18 PM
I don't know what kind of car you have But I had a 94 civic an what I did to mount my 12 gauge in my car was ...take the rear seat out, remove the fuel pump access cover an unplug the pump, an fuel lines...Then jack the car up an Take out the two straps holding your gas tank, then lower it down an remove the tank slowly...Once you got the tank out tank a grinding tool an smooth the under body once you have done that ,Go up in the rear of the car an drill 2 holes on oneside then 2 holes on the other side to mount the long gun, Now Put your long gun under the body of the car an strap it with exhuast hangers an bolt it in....Reverse all that I said an you have a good anti theft, an a spot to mount your Long GUN .I hope this helped Joshua