PDA

View Full Version : Electrical issues...

Civicn33b
05-03-2008, 11:52 AM
Every since we installed the switch to turn on/off my AEM TRU boost and UEGO gauges simultaniously I have been having issues where the In dash navi doesnt want to come on and also my scan gauge II thats plugged into the ODBII port doesnt want too either... itll come on sometimes but most times not...

Am i losing constant somewhere? drawing too much power? need a new alternator? Battery ect? Ive noticed since the turbo install it take slightly longer to crank as well...

This is a 2006 I shouldnt be having these kinds of issues haha... also have the viper 5900 installed if that helps? it acts a fool sometimes too!

Captain-Obvious™
05-03-2008, 01:26 PM
where do you stay around?

mr.koupe
05-03-2008, 09:26 PM
how is the new switch ran ? where are the constant power's and grounds ran too on the affected components ?

i would check all connections, make sure all grounds are connected to factory ones or directly to the chasis and well.. grab a voltameter and test all of the wires that have current and trace the drop in voltage.. it sounds like you may be drawing too much current or have jostled a wire in the switch install. if this doesnt help any let me know.

Civicn33b
05-04-2008, 02:04 PM
if i am drawing too much current then what should i do next?... the switch is ran power from a fuse and grounded to the bolt on my battery tie down... they were directly ran the the battery terminals and had the same issues...

Civicn33b
05-04-2008, 02:06 PM
i also noticed the locks will only lock and unlock (powered) when the key is either in the II position on fully cranked, same with the headlights and interior lights... so it seems im not getting any kind of accessory power unless the key is in those two positions...

thanks for all the help hopefully someone can help sort out this mess.

Josh