PDA

View Full Version : Car Wont Run Fun. STILL!!!

G.C
05-02-2008, 01:02 PM
ok my car still shuts off when it gets warmed up while driving. After 10 min of driving the Idle goes very low and shuts off.Goes in the ON position. It runs fine again after letting it sit for hour or 2. I have changed the Fuel filter, Fuel pump/filter, Throttle position Sensor, Main Relay,02 sensor, Cleaned out the IACV, checked all the fuses. I have a CEL on but its from the Knock sensor since i dont have one. Tried the Ecu with knock disabled and showed no CEL. Should i take my car to a dealer for them to Check it out and repair?

Killer
05-02-2008, 01:20 PM
..... have you checked your fast idle thermo valve??? (does that car even have one??) it normally cause very crazy idle things.... like motorboating...

don't know if it's related... don't even know if yours has one... but my civics do.. and so do integras...

G.C
05-02-2008, 01:37 PM
the Fast idle Thermo Valve your talking bout. Are you talking bout the Idle Air Control Valve?. something like this? http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/kentooo/dc9b_2.jpg .

I havent Replaced them yet but i have Cleaned it out . was thinking of buying this next. but it is expensive so just waiting for it to change it last.

Killer
05-02-2008, 01:41 PM
the Fast idle Thermo Valve your talking bout. Are you talking bout the Idle Air Control Valve?. something like this? http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k62/kentooo/dc9b_2.jpg .

I havent Replaced them yet but i have Cleaned it out . was thinking of buying this next. but it is expensive so just waiting for it to change it last.

it is not the IACV... it's called a "fast idle thermo valve"

it's located under the throttle body normally.... or behind it...

do a search for it on ia... and there is a thread that tells all about it...

G.C
05-02-2008, 01:42 PM
ok thanks. i'll research bout it. reps. hope this is the problem. if its not then ima go ahead and take it to the dealer and let them fix it.

patrick4588
05-02-2008, 01:46 PM
have you tried adjusting your idle screw? the car idles high on startup to get the engine warm. once its warm, your car dies, so maybe your idle is set too low.

Bruce Leroy
05-02-2008, 02:45 PM
When you drive around with the knock disabled on the ecu, does it still cut off? What ecu are you running?

1flysi
05-02-2008, 06:53 PM
I had a fuel pump going out on me before and it did the same thing,but you said you already changed it. I know on accords and preludes the ignition switch gets hot and goes bad.Maybe that is your problem.

JDMef88
05-03-2008, 12:39 PM
i had this exact same problem in my 99 ej8, local mechanic thought it was my fule pump and main relay, but had to take it to the dealer and it was short in a cord that ran to the main relay and i had to get a wire trace and change from the dealer...never had a problem since knock on wooD! hope u get yours fixed

93delsol15
05-03-2008, 01:26 PM
i am havin this problem right now but i am just changin my whole im out to with another complete one to see if thats it

Revmaynard
05-03-2008, 01:32 PM
I was having similar problems with my Blazer last year, I replaced the IAC and it didn't take care of it but then replaced my TPS and it hasn't had a problem since.