PDA

View Full Version : viper alarm sensativity

1NonlyAccord
05-02-2008, 01:00 PM
does any1 know how to turn a Viper 791vx alarm sensativity up/down?

sina518
05-02-2008, 06:05 PM
http://i24.ebayimg.com/03/i/000/dd/8e/6762_1.JPGtheir is a shock sensor somewhere in your car, its a clear box looking thing not too big has 2 wires coming out of it, their is also a knob on it or a dial that allows you to turn the sensitivity up and down. most people put it under the dash or in the kick panel

1NonlyAccord
05-02-2008, 06:10 PM
thanks,i googled it and they said the same.clear box with turn the dial..but i went and found the brain and ALL the wires..i dont have that so called clear box.
but when the installer installed the alarm he kicked my tire and the alarm went off...so when i got home i kicked my tire..hit my fender..rocked my car..and i didnt even get the warning chirp..any ideas.

Civictyper95
05-02-2008, 08:41 PM
they put my motion sensor under my center console box.. all you need is a philips screw and you can adjust it.

aaronfelipe
05-02-2008, 09:07 PM
The sensitivity is probably set to the lowest setting. You have to figure out where the "brain" of the alarm is installed and follow all of the wires grouped in 3 until you find the small,clear box. Usually it has a light on it that blinks when it is tripped. It is usually zip tied to the existing wires from your car so it can absorb the vibration. After you find it, turn the dial to the "+" side as desired.

sina518
05-02-2008, 10:53 PM
they put my motion sensor under my center console box.. all you need is a philips screw and you can adjust it.
motion sensor is different than a shock sensor.

aaronfelipe
05-03-2008, 11:20 AM
motion sensor is different than a shock sensor.
:yes: Most cars don't even have a motion sensor. Motion sensor is designed to trip the alarm if a person gets too close to your window without even touching it. 99% of the alarms have a shock sensor designed to respond to vibrations.

mr.koupe
05-03-2008, 09:30 PM
it will be a 3 prong plug with a blue, green, and black wire. the sensor is usually strapped to a large group of factory wires, or metal support under the dash . if he kicked the tire and it went off, the sensor is there...

patrick4588
05-04-2008, 01:57 AM
i mount mine to the frame so its more sensitive to vibrations. your best bet would be to call the guy who installed it and ask him where its at...

sina518
05-04-2008, 12:46 PM
:yes: Most cars don't even have a motion sensor. Motion sensor is designed to trip the alarm if a person gets too close to your window without even touching it. 99% of the alarms have a shock sensor designed to respond to vibrations.

i know this that is why i told him they are different. thanks though

1NonlyAccord
05-04-2008, 01:25 PM
OK i went and looked at all the black boxes i have-non of them have dials on them.Brain,Shock sensor,and a Relay box.
i do not have a 'CLEAR box'
but i guess its okay the alarm goes off when the doors/hood are open so i guess its sensative enough..just wanted to have it give a warning chirp.

sina518
05-04-2008, 04:05 PM
mine gives a warning chirp i have a 791. arm your car and kick the tire not too hard. it should give a warning