PDA

View Full Version : Emissions Trouble

Code-Aye
05-01-2008, 09:44 PM
So i failed my emissions, and i need to know what i need so that i can pass any ideas??it failed on every thing! Except for my gas cap:ninja:
Does anyone know what parts ill need to make it pass, and how much money:2cents: it will take?LMK thanks
Here is what the paper said.

http://i32.tinypic.com/mi2oft.jpg

junior_tm
05-01-2008, 10:17 PM
air filter is one of them and the cat converter is another

G.C
05-01-2008, 10:31 PM
i would do the fuel filters, air filter, pcv, plugs, distributor cap, put
some good gas in it. all the cheap things that are easy to do.
change the breathers on the side of the air filter housing too. hope that helped.

Code-Aye
05-02-2008, 05:29 AM
thanks,
ill try those things

blackshine007
05-02-2008, 05:48 AM
It helps to know what's your setup. But from what I can tell, you have a bad O2 sensor, your timing is out of whack and the gap on your spark plugs is either excessive or maybe the wrong heat range. How does the car run?

AnthonyF
05-02-2008, 10:44 AM
when i get my station back up, I'll let you and everyone know. :ninja: It wont be stupid cheap..but It'll pass. :goodjob:

-Ant.

Code-Aye
05-02-2008, 01:38 PM
It helps to know what's your setup. But from what I can tell, you have a bad O2 sensor, your timing is out of whack and the gap on your spark plugs is either excessive or maybe the wrong heat range. How does the car run?

i got a d15b2, the car does run that bad at all.it hasent gave me a problem once.but it does feel sluggish in high rpm's, but it is a d15b2.

Code-Aye
05-02-2008, 01:39 PM
when i get my station back up, I'll let you and everyone know. :ninja: It wont be stupid cheap..but It'll pass. :goodjob:

-Ant.

when do you think it will be , because i dont have but maybe 18 day until i cant drive the car.

Bruce Leroy
05-02-2008, 02:39 PM
damn that sucks.... thats why i'm glad that i have an 2001.... they don't even check the tail pipe... all they do is plug it up and see if there are any codes.

blackshine007
05-02-2008, 08:09 PM
damn that sucks.... thats why i'm glad that i have an 2001.... they don't even check the tail pipe... all they do is plug it up and see if there are any codes.
The downsides to your 2001 is that you are only allowed just 1 monitor to not set in order for it to pass emissions. If you had a 1996-2000 model you are allowed up to 2 not to set, and they could be any 2. Most cars after having work done will have some monitors that will have to sit over night in order for the code to set, but on others the monitors will set immediately, depending on the amount of gas that's in the tank and if whether or not all of the demands have been met. I've seen cars that don't even have the MIL light on and will still fail because the monitors haven't and it will go on for at least 200+ miles. So depending on the vehicle, I'd rather have to drive the car on the dyno to get it to pass rather than to have it plugged it. There's so much you can do with it. With OBDII you have to fool the computer or fix the problem to pass. That costs money sometimes.

Code-Aye
05-06-2008, 09:45 PM
^^
thanks for the help........