PDA

View Full Version : DUCK:My first speeding ticket

Got Milk?
05-01-2008, 09:39 PM
So after leaving V meet, im comming up 85N, and im one exit away from my house than from out of no where blue lights come behind me. You guessed it right, it was a cop(and not a ricer with alot of neons). He pulls me over with my 3 passanger, 2 15 year olds, and one 19 year old. He takes my driver licence and my registration and goes to his car. To my surprise he only gives me one ticket for speeding which was 31 over. Now im only 18, i still have my driver D license. I was surprise that he didnt take me to jail right on the spot. I was going 86 on 55mph speed limit. And yes im white so was he. He also gave me alot of tips on how to do this right and not lose my D license.

NOW can someone please tell me how i can work this out with out losing my d license. THe cop told me to play not guilty at court, than next court he would attend and they would reduce my speed. And he also told me to take a defence driving class or some **** like that.

YET PERFECT NIGHT RUINED BY A DROT

Sol-Badguy
05-01-2008, 09:45 PM
Don't know.

Shouldn't have been speeding in the first place.

Kourt
05-01-2008, 09:47 PM
I got out of 3 tickets within 3 months by talking to the DA at the court date and taking a defensive driving class. I got tickets for 19, 25 and 14 over. I was only 16 when I got the first one and 17 when I got the other two. Everyone on here is gonna say plea no lo but use that as last choice. Sounds like the cop is trying to **** you, if he was really going to reduce it why did he not reduce it before he wrote the ticket? You could maybe try calling him, if he wanted to help you out he would say plea guilty and he wouldnt show up.:goodjob: On a happier note I got pulled over the other day for 20 over and had no license on me and didn't get a ticket. :boobies:

Andy_013
05-01-2008, 09:50 PM
that sucks

btw: I have was going 75 when I saw your car on the side

Got Milk?
05-01-2008, 10:03 PM
^^yea man, im calm about the whole situation. But i just dont want to lose my license.

And i was really not speeding at all. I always drive around 80 area, so now idk if i want to play guilty at first court, or say im not guilty and go to second.

If i take my defence driving class before the first court, what are the chances of me not losing my d license. + this is my first ticket.

Got Milk?
05-01-2008, 10:05 PM
I got out of 3 tickets within 3 months by talking to the DA at the court date and taking a defensive driving class. I got tickets for 19, 25 and 14 over. I was only 16 when I got the first one and 17 when I got the other two. Everyone on here is gonna say plea no lo but use that as last choice. Sounds like the cop is trying to **** you, if he was really going to reduce it why did he not reduce it before he wrote the ticket? You could maybe try calling him, if he wanted to help you out he would say plea guilty and he wouldnt show up.:goodjob: On a happier note I got pulled over the other day for 20 over and had no license on me and didn't get a ticket. :boobies:

I dont think he was ****ing with me, cus from what i know 25+ is jail rite on the spot if you under 21. And i got 31 over and only got the ticket. Im probably serve like 24 hours in jail after the court.

Double_0_Rusty
05-01-2008, 10:10 PM
^^yea man, im calm about the whole situation. But i just dont want to lose my license.

And i was really not speeding at all. I always drive around 80 area, so now idk if i want to play guilty at first court, or say im not guilty and go to second.

If i take my defence driving class before the first court, what are the chances of me not losing my d license. + this is my first ticket.

Yes, you were infact speeding, sir. Sorry, but going 60 in a 55 is considered speeding.

You're 18 right? Why do you still have class D? Upgrade anyone? Just suck it up, take the DD course, and yada yada.. I have had 7 speeding tickets in 4 years, and my record is clean...i don't know how, but oh well.

Jecht
05-01-2008, 10:11 PM
I dont think he was ****ing with me, cus from what i know 25+ is jail rite on the spot if you under 21. And i got 31 over and only got the ticket. Im probably serve like 24 hours in jail after the court.

They won't throw you in jail for 24+, they take your license away. Take a defensive driving course and tell the driving course place that you are taking it to reduce points on a ticket. Do that before your first court date and then talk to them to see if they will lower the speed so you can keep your license. If they say that they can't do that, then tell the judge that you need more time to get a lawyer.

I got a ticket for 27 over the speed limit in my old S13 a few years back and I got away with only paying the fine - no other punishment at all.

Got Milk?
05-01-2008, 10:16 PM
They won't throw you in jail for 24+, they take your license away. Take a defensive driving course and tell the driving course place that you are taking it to reduce points on a ticket. Do that before your first court date and then talk to them to see if they will lower the speed so you can keep your license. If they say that they can't do that, then tell the judge that you need more time to get a lawyer.

I got a ticket for 27 over the speed limit in my old S13 a few years back and I got away with only paying the fine - no other punishment at all.

WOW THATS AMAZING, THX FOR SOME OF THE INFO. I will do what u said.

sogood
05-01-2008, 10:17 PM

:lmao: I think 31 over typically means you were speeding, as indicated by the ticket you got.

x Resilience
05-01-2008, 10:17 PM

Great advice :goodjob: +1

FasTech
05-01-2008, 10:18 PM
But nolow might be your only choice, depends on if the people are d!ckweeds are not, I got a speeding ticket the day after my sixtheen birthday going 83 in a 45 and the people were really cool and all I had to do was pay a $350 fine and wright a 3 page essay on why speeding was dangerous, and they didn't put it on my record

Got Milk?
05-01-2008, 10:19 PM
:lmao: I think 31 over typically means you were speeding, as indicated by the ticket you got.

:D:D:D

But i always drive 70-80, and never get stoped. This time i got 6 over than my regular and i get stoped. im just glad that im not in jail rite now and than i only got one ticket. I didnt even have seat belt on, i had 2 14 year olds with me, i had D license yada yada

Dracc
05-01-2008, 10:19 PM
31 over.. damn.. your gonna loose that lol

Got Milk?
05-01-2008, 10:21 PM
But nolow might be your only choice, depends on if the people are d!ckweeds are not, I got a speeding ticket the day after my sixtheen birthday going 83 in a 45 and the people were really cool and all I had to do was pay a $350 fine and wright a 3 page essay on why speeding was dangerous, and they didn't put it on my record

I got the ticket in Dekalb County, i think they will go easy on me. Glad i didnt get the ticket in Gwinet County considering i was like 2 exits away form eneterin the Gwinet county.

FasTech
05-01-2008, 10:23 PM
Good luck man

sogood
05-01-2008, 10:25 PM

But i always drive 70-80, and never get stoped. This time i got 6 over than my regular and i get stoped. im just glad that im not in jail rite now and than i only got one ticket. I didnt even have seat belt on, i had 2 14 year olds with me, i had D license yada yada

Wow... Sounds like you should be in jail right now, consider yourself lucky, I guess..

Got Milk?
05-01-2008, 10:25 PM
^^

thx, and i will need alot of luck to.

Got Milk?
05-01-2008, 10:26 PM
Wow... Sounds like you should be in jail right now, consider yourself lucky, I guess..

yes sir, i am really lucky. I think the only reason i didnt go to jail is cus im white and the cop was also white(not trying to me racist).

dohc4.6sc
05-01-2008, 10:36 PM
dunno if anyone has said it but when you are 18 you have to go renew for your class c. dunno if it would help in court but it will help you drive after midnight.

HeLLo iM iZzY
05-01-2008, 10:37 PM
RACIST !

Got Milk?
05-01-2008, 10:42 PM
^^suck my bosnian **** u bosnian.

Thighs
05-01-2008, 10:45 PM
just plead no contest in court, pay the fine, and it will get dropped.

Got Milk?
05-01-2008, 10:46 PM
^^
You mean just go in and say that im guilty? You gotta explain it to me lol, this is my first time dealing with this BS.

Jecht
05-01-2008, 10:46 PM
Ok for the last time you cannot plea NOLO to anything until you are 21!

^^
You mean just go in and say that im guilty? You gotta explain it to me lol, this is my first time dealing with this BS.

He means plea Nolo. Which you can't do until you are 21. If you could do it, you would go in, plea nolo, the judge would make you pay the fine and you would have no other punishment.

Got Milk?
05-01-2008, 10:49 PM
NOLO?

Thats when you can use it once to get away with it?

God people, i dont know non of this BS be more specific.

Got Milk?
05-01-2008, 10:50 PM
Well im off to smoke a cigar, and then off to sleep.

dohc4.6sc
05-01-2008, 10:51 PM
i used nolo when i was 19, so in douglas county it it legal but i am not sure about all other counties

redrumracer
05-01-2008, 10:53 PM
So after leaving V meet, im comming up 85N, and im one exit away from my house than from out of no where blue lights come behind me. You guessed it right, it was a cop(and not a ricer with alot of neons). He pulls me over with my 3 passanger, 2 15 year olds, and one 19 year old. He takes my driver licence and my registration and goes to his car. To my surprise he only gives me one ticket for speeding which was 31 over. Now im only 18, i still have my driver D license. I was surprise that he didnt take me to jail right on the spot. I was going 86 on 55mph speed limit. And yes im white so was he. He also gave me alot of tips on how to do this right and not lose my D license.
NOW can someone please tell me how i can work this out with out losing my d license. THe cop told me to play not guilty at court, than next court he would attend and they would reduce my speed. And he also told me to take a defence driving class or some **** like that.
YET PERFECT NIGHT RUINED BY A DROT

now what i would like to know is how exactly these 2 people got a year younger as you posted more??

Got Milk?
05-01-2008, 10:55 PM
man idk, they are in area of 15 and 14 lol, but good catch reps.

ATK_Designs
05-01-2008, 11:14 PM
I did a post here covering how to help you. A lil search on my post can do u good. Many friends used my tips and got out of it, or at least, reduced to under 14mph.

G'luck dood. Everyone speeds, so we're all guilty. I know how it is being young and all. Best of luck to u.

Turbo04
05-01-2008, 11:20 PM
man idk, they are in area of 15 and 14 lol, but good catch reps.

The real question you need to be asking yourself is " If I'm 18, why am I hanging out with 14-15 year olds?" Stupid move on many lvls, something happens you being the adult when hanging with teens like that and your taking the fall big time.

Plead nolo, and man up a little, you were speeding, stop the "oh I usually go 80...so it's ok" routine.

chinitoxamor
05-02-2008, 12:52 AM
its what you get for drinking milk lol

blackshine007
05-02-2008, 01:09 AM
I feel funny driving over 70 mph during my regular driving, let alone driving through Dekalb county. Hate to say it, but you deserved the ticket if you have been living or even passing through Dekalb county and don't know when to slow down. I pass through East Point and as many people a day I see getting pulled over, you will ever find me going anywhere near 60 in that city. More than likely, you will lose your licsense and won't get it back until you turn 21. You may wanna consider hiring a lawyer.

ironchef
05-02-2008, 01:16 AM
You're just an idiot.

JITB
05-02-2008, 01:22 AM
do what the cop told u..he holds your fate.

Unless the judge doesnt rescedule, and he throws it out. But by what he told you the cop isnt gonna show up for the first court appearance. If its busy and the judge decides to hear ur plea, it will be dismissed because the cop isnt there.

stop speeding...:)

Got Milk?
05-02-2008, 07:50 AM
The 14-15 year olds were my 2 cousens that wanted to come to V meet.

Yea i regret speeding big time now, thats why my rsx is up for sale. :(

Ran
05-02-2008, 08:50 AM
The 14-15 year olds were my 2 cousens that wanted to come to V meet.1) Were they female?

2) If so, why didn't you introduce me?

3) Slow down.

:)

Got Milk?
05-02-2008, 08:59 AM
yes females, srry man i dont want for u to go to prison. +im never buying a car with vtec again, they are just to damn fun, which makes you drive fast with out even relizing that ur going fast.

BKgen®
05-02-2008, 11:31 AM
take a defensive driving class BEFORE the court date and show up with your certificate in-hand. when the judge asks how you plead, plead to reduce the speed. I did exactly that and didn't lose my license (61 in a 35)

im never buying a car with vtec again, they are just to damn fun, which makes you drive fast with out even relizing that ur going fast.

That could be quite possibly the dumbest sh*t ever posted on IA.

BiH1320
05-02-2008, 02:05 PM
Dammn fuked up..
Btw. You being white and the cop being white has nothing to do with you going to jail..
I got pulled over doing 100 in a 65. That's 35 Over.. The cop was black and I am white.. He didnt take me to jail..:thinking:
So color has nothing to do with it mister.

I already went to court twice.. Now I am waiting for my State Court letter to come..

Ohhh btw does anyone know how much is a fine for Creating Dangerous Hazzard.. And how many point's is it?:no:

Got Milk?
05-02-2008, 03:49 PM
^^ damn ******, we need to stay out of trouble lol.

My court is July 3rd. I have 2 months with my license, i hope i dont lose it.

Got Milk?
05-02-2008, 03:52 PM
take a defensive driving class BEFORE the court date and show up with your certificate in-hand. when the judge asks how you plead, plead to reduce the speed. I did exactly that and didn't lose my license (61 in a 35)

That could be quite possibly the dumbest sh*t ever posted on IA.

RSX or any other acura/honda is no fun at all untill that vteck kicks in. :thinking:

osiriskidd
05-02-2008, 04:51 PM
1) take defensive driving class. it'll show them you're trying on your own time/part.

2) call and try to talk to a prosecutor. ask him if there's any way of reducing the speed.

3) go to court and ask to talk to prosecutor again. show the judge your certificate.

BiH1320
05-02-2008, 04:53 PM
^^ damn ******, we need to stay out of trouble lol.

My court is July 3rd. I have 2 months with my license, i hope i dont lose it.

Bwhahahah cya at court.
Same day I have.

Dekalb right?

OTG Signs
05-02-2008, 09:13 PM
I got a 31 over when I was 16. 18 isn't ****.

Ronsam2006
05-02-2008, 09:37 PM
I just sent you a PM. I had the same exact ticket. Just read my PM thoroughly and ask me if you have any more questions. Remember, ask about the CRT Program.

Echonova
05-02-2008, 10:12 PM
RSX or any other acura/honda is no fun at all untill that vteck kicks in. :thinking:I hate waiting for the V-TEC to spool...

Ronsam2006
05-02-2008, 10:15 PM
I hate waiting for the V-TEC to spool...
And I hate waiting for my turbo's valve timing to kick in.

Got Milk?
05-02-2008, 10:20 PM
:cheers:
Bwhahahah cya at court.
Same day I have.

Dekalb right?

yes sir dekalb county. i guess ill see u in court buddy.

Got Milk?
05-02-2008, 10:21 PM
I just sent you a PM. I had the same exact ticket. Just read my PM thoroughly and ask me if you have any more questions. Remember, ask about the CRT Program.

thx man, ur suggestion got all my questions answered. and thx for all the people that took time to help me out about this sittuation. reps for everyone.

csmiths
05-03-2008, 02:33 AM
man just take some courses before court, dress up real nice, look like you made a mistake and your trying to fix it, and then **** will be straight. happened to me, but i ended up with no points and no fine. haha dekalb county is straight in my book

Echonova
05-03-2008, 08:06 AM
And I hate waiting for my turbo's valve timing to kick in.You should get a V-AFC and change the cross-over point...