PDA

View Full Version : General Chat What's the difference between honda civic LX EX DX VP Models?

SlowsterCivy
05-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Can someone please give me tell me on the honda civics...what EX, DX, LX, VP modles are?

LX - fully loaded? Eh..I think that's what that one is.:thinking:

Andy_013
05-01-2008, 04:29 PM
what gen?

DeeAOne
05-01-2008, 04:37 PM
well if she has a Midori Green hatch then its probably an ek. im pretty sure that color was only offered that generation.

thepolecat
05-01-2008, 04:40 PM
dx lowest
lx second lowest, but with most power options of ex but minus the VVVVEEEEETTTTAAACCCK
ex vtec and all power option +moonroof
vX- economical vtec 8valve

this is for EG

Andy_013
05-01-2008, 05:08 PM
(Link) Sixth Generation Information (http://www.clubcivic.com/board/showthread.php?t=108620)

gforce23
05-01-2008, 05:42 PM
6th gen? Going from the lowest trim to the highest:
CX (Canada) or DX (manual tranny): lightest and no sunroof or radio
DX (auto tranny): adds power steering
VP: adds CD player and remote entry
LX (sedan only): adds power windows, door locks and cruise control
HX: same as LX but w/o cruise control but adds sport alloys and VTEC-E (more fuel efficient)
EX: adds sunroof to LX

SlowsterCivy
05-01-2008, 06:51 PM
well if she has a Midori Green hatch then its probably an ek. im pretty sure that color was only offered that generation.

Correct

And im looking for 2005 sedan or newer for those models i posted above.

SI info is also needed for the SI coupe and Sedan...

Thank's in advance.

gforce23
05-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Correct

And im looking for 2005 sedan or newer for those models i posted above.

SI info is also needed for the SI coupe and Sedan...

Thank's in advance.
Your statement is slightly incorrect. 8th gens were released in '06... '05 still had the old style.
Anyhow, if it's 8th gen info you're after:
DX- power windows, remote keyless entry, 15" plastic covers, AC, aux jack
LX- adds to DX: 160W sound system, 16" plastic covers, cruise control, floor mats
EX- adds to LX: moonroof, disc brakes all around, 16" alloys, additional 12V power outlet, 350W sound, exterior temperature gauge, foldable rear arm rest, chrome exhaust tip
EX-L: adds leather and heated front seats and mirrors to EX
Si: K20 engine w/6 spd tranny, LSD, aluminum pedals, bolstered front seats with Si badging all around the car, rear wing on coupes, 17" wheels w/high perf. tires, VSA
Mugen Si: tuned suspension, Mugen body kit, catback exhaust, 18" wheels with summer perf tires, diffuser

nsany(atl)
05-01-2008, 07:32 PM
the bumpers are different b/c of the exhaust and the lower valances on the EX

Arm&hammer
05-01-2008, 10:33 PM
Your statement is slightly incorrect. 8th gens were released in '06... '05 still had the old style.
LX- adds to DX: 160W sound system, 16" plastic covers, cruise control, floor mats
EX- adds to LX: moonroof, disc brakes all around, 16" alloys, additional 12V power outlet, 350W sound, exterior temperature gauge, foldable rear arm rest, chrome exhaust tip
Si: K20 engine w/6 spd tranny, LSD, aluminum pedals, bolstered front seats with Si badging all around the car, rear wing on coupes, 17" wheels w/high perf. tires, VSA
Mugen Si: tuned suspension, Mugen body kit, catback exhaust, 18" wheels with summer perf tires, diffuser

si`s have k20`s.
hmm i never knew that

SlowsterCivy
05-02-2008, 09:00 AM

Thank's! This was very helpful. Fiance is car shopping, and i'm wanting him to get a SI (Sedan) but he's also considering 4 door regular civics from 2005 and up, he drives a 95 camaro z28 ttop, and hes tried of how gas is...so he's saying screw it, and wants a civic