PDA

View Full Version : What's up with all the wack ass threads?

quickdodgeŽ
08-17-2005, 03:41 PM
Man, this section, ever since I quit finding cool shit to post, has gone to shit within the past year. I need to get on the ball and find some wild shit like I used to. A lot of these threads just don't make any sense. Later, QD.

Spyder
08-17-2005, 03:44 PM
Man, this section, ever since I quit finding cool shit to post, has gone to shit within the past year. I need to get on the ball and find some wild shit like I used to. A lot of these threads just don't make any sense. Later, QD.
When you leave it to the simple people to come up with threads they come up with simple threads ;)

silver
08-17-2005, 03:50 PM
^^good answer... lol

chuck
08-17-2005, 04:08 PM
ok, here goes my rant

personally i feel the same way...the %20000 useless threads; not even funny, not entertaining in the least, just to say nothing or maybe to show off your new fancy dancy .gif signature...and then it leaks over into the other forums too. so much of me wishes that atlofftopic.com, or at least whoreslounge.com was a whole different page and didn't have any links to importatlanta on it...i think it has a lot to do with the new traffic that is coming onto/into the site. hell, if it were up to me new members would have a 30 probationary period, at the end of that everyone can voice their opinions if they want you to leave, i'd take import atlanta private, but not exclusive...only requirements you'd need would be to get along with the majority of the people on here...i think people would learn really quickly what this website is truly about.......BUT the problem with that would be that its not one website anymore, its like 3 different websites about totally different things. i'd be willing to bet that out of all the people who've joined so far this year that over half of them have over %75 of their posts in the whores lounge and that %50 of those posts are about NOTHING. Not 'nothing' like a short joke 'nothing', not like a 372189371980th time reposted owned picture 'nothing', not even as bad as a silly e-mail chain letter 'nothing'....i'm talking about the "i just had some cereal" NOTHINGS

but as long as IA continues to be an open website 'by the people, for the people' then i guess i'll just deal with it and try my best to sort through the threads of useless shit in hopes of actually finding something worth reading...but the whores lounge is sadly becoming a less and less frequented place by me

ok, done and not editing...feels good to let it out, even if you guys could give a shit less...

B16a2 Civic
08-17-2005, 04:12 PM
ok, here goes my rant

personally i feel the same way...the %20000 useless threads; not even funny, not entertaining in the least, just to say nothing or maybe to show off your new fancy dancy .gif signature...and then it leaks over into the other forums too. so much of me wishes that atlofftopic.com, or at least whoreslounge.com was a whole different page and didn't have any links to importatlanta on it...i think it has a lot to do with the new traffic that is coming onto/into the site. hell, if it were up to me new members would have a 30 probationary period, at the end of that everyone can voice their opinions if they want you to leave, i'd take import atlanta private, but not exclusive...only requirements you'd need would be to get along with the majority of the people on here...i think people would learn really quickly what this website is truly about.......BUT the problem with that would be that its not one website anymore, its like 3 different websites about totally different things. i'd be willing to bet that out of all the people who've joined so far this year that over half of them have over %75 of their posts in the whores lounge and that %50 of those posts are about NOTHING. Not 'nothing' like a short joke 'nothing', not like a 372189371980th time reposted owned picture 'nothing', not even as bad as a silly e-mail chain letter 'nothing'....i'm talking about the "i just had some cereal" NOTHINGS

but as long as IA continues to be an open website 'by the people, for the people' then i guess i'll just deal with it and try my best to sort through the threads of useless shit in hopes of actually finding something worth reading...but the whores lounge is sadly becoming a less and less frequented place by me

ok, done and not editing...feels good to let it out, even if you guys could give a shit less...

I actually agree with you, most parts anyway.. But, you gotta remember most people who post on here durin the day are at work and bored...so they make topics to entertain them, may not contain info about imports, but a thread to just bullshit around, but i dislike seein that when its in regards to somnethign serious, like less say it flows into political, education and those type threads

Darling Nikki
08-17-2005, 04:14 PM
yea most of them are fucking gay except mine.. bitches! lol

Brett
08-17-2005, 04:16 PM
Remember its the the WL!! Thats what its for :)

Spyder
08-17-2005, 04:18 PM
ok, here goes my rant

I could give a shit less what you think... no really.. i just said that because you figured someone would and i dont often disapoint.

the whores lounge was created for exactly what it is used for because other wise we had to be a bunch of forum nazi's and noone liked that, even the most reserved posted is found posting in there on occasion. some threads get way out of hand... some threads are much worse then way out of hand. Im hoping paul will eventually yell at me and the other mods for being so slack and we can tighten up a little, but until then if im the only one doing anything about it, im an asshole. if everyone does it then its the way it is and its no biggie.

the whores lounge is easy enough to avoid is my point and everything else seems to have alot less traffic but its more then alot of forums, mainly due to the fact people sit in the whores lounge all day and from time to time think of something to post that is car related.. i know of several other forums that were once sucessfull and have since went down hill because of their forum nazism, if thats a word. there is a delicate balance that needs to be maintained.. hopefully when we get a little more strict it will be with moderation :)

kelly marie
08-17-2005, 04:18 PM

agreed... if i dont like a topic i just dont post in that thread

Spyder
08-17-2005, 04:19 PM
agreed... if i dont like a topic i just dont post in that thread
when was the last time that happened ? :tongue:

kelly marie
08-17-2005, 04:20 PM
when was the last time that happened ? :tongue:

lol i know i have be really bad the past two days but i get so bored at work...

Darling Nikki
08-17-2005, 04:20 PM
i love everyone's threads ;)

kelly marie
08-17-2005, 04:21 PM
awww

silver
08-17-2005, 04:24 PM

^^Agreed, lol... I thought that was why there was a whoreslounge.... I agree with Chuck (sadly cause I'm sure I'm included there somewhere) But I agree with B also. I don't know statistics... but I would agree that a mojority of the posts in the whoreslounge are made during the day by people that are bored at work and made as a way of entertainment with people that they actually hang out with at meets, shows or what not... I must admit though... without the whorelounge, I wouldn't have had a place to get to know some of the great people that I know now or get comfortable with the people on the site. It's a great place to kick back on a serious website that you share alot of the same interests with a majority of the people, and everyone just get to know one another or screw around. Sorry.. I'm not ranting.. just my :2cents:

mocha latte cupcake
08-17-2005, 04:24 PM
you still owe me 2 cents by the way!

B16a2 Civic
08-17-2005, 04:25 PM
QD is gonna so flip when he finds out that ya'll are whoring in his thread Lol

chuck
08-17-2005, 04:25 PM

i guess you're right...but really i think that's the exact problem...people who get on and post the "entertainment" threads from work/school/whatever. i'm not saying we should all lock ourselves inside our closets for 14 hours a day and never talk to anyone but i guess i'm still just not used to viewing IA as a social median...i think its cool for anyone and everyone from the site to post up threads but if %85 of their threads are in the whores lounge and the other %15 are just scattered sarcasim throughout the other forums then I personally feel they would be better off just going to a pure 'time killing' website rather than dilute the solidity that IA's be built on throughout the years.

I can't speak for anyone else but I'd rather see IA have 4,000 quality members (NOT saying quality has anything to do with post count or how many times a day you come; more on post context) than the 5,259 that it has today. http://forums.offtopic.com/ <----suggestion for anyone just dying to kill time, a full new page every hour, nothing to get old or anything.

chuck
08-17-2005, 04:36 PM
I'm fully aware it's the whores lounge...hence the "but as long as IA continues to be an open website 'by the people, for the people' then i guess i'll just deal with it and try my best to sort through the threads of useless shit in hopes of actually finding something worth reading"

I guess it would be ok if the WL was just the WL, I would never even think about clicking into it when i was just trying to check up on the boards (but when you really are bored it's a different story) , but when the WL becomes the "hey guys, we are all getting together at ________ today at noon to ride out to the _______ show" then it partly becomes the events/meets/shows sections, and if you don't go in there you'll never find out.

some are posted in more than one place, i guess that's good if you want a bunch of people who like to talk about nothing to come hang out but i also know that not everyone in the WL talks about nothing...

blah blah blah blah blah....sorry, if you don't like it don't read this??

i guess its almost a double standard...its good if you are bored to tears but if you don't want to read a bunch of crap then it just sucks sorting through it trying to make sure you don't miss anything that may be important to you...

i guess the only real way to fix it would be to just start moving a whole lot more threads...i don't that'd be such a bad thing either, there would still be a link to them in the WL

Spyder
08-17-2005, 04:38 PM
ok you have presented a problem now present a solution. :)

B16a2 Civic
08-17-2005, 04:39 PM
I'm fully aware it's the whores lounge...hence the "but as long as IA continues to be an open website 'by the people, for the people' then i guess i'll just deal with it and try my best to sort through the threads of useless shit in hopes of actually finding something worth reading"

I guess it would be ok if the WL was just the WL, I would never even think about clicking into it, but when the WL becomes the "hey guys, we are all getting together at ________ today at noon to ride out to the _______ show" then it partly becomes the events/meets/shows sections, and if you don't go in there you'll never find out.

some are posted in more than one place, i guess that's good if you want a bunch of people who like to talk about nothing to come hang out but i also know that not everyone in the WL talks about nothing...

blah blah blah blah blah....sorry, if you don't like it don't read this??

you kno theres a new posts option...its just everything thats new up, no matter what category its under

chuck
08-17-2005, 04:40 PM
ok you have presented a problem now present a solution. :)
just added another line...to the thread above yours

"i guess its almost a double standard...its good if you are bored to tears but if you don't want to read a bunch of crap then it just sucks sorting through it trying to make sure you don't miss anything that may be important to you...

i guess the only real way to fix it would be to just start moving a whole lot more threads...i don't that'd be such a bad thing either, there would still be a link to them in the WL"

chuck
08-17-2005, 04:43 PM
you kno theres a new posts option...its just everything thats new up, no matter what category its under
i'm aware of that and i know you can mark the forums read and all that good shit...that still doesn't help sort out all the new BS, especially if you are gone for (god forbid...lol) a couple days at a time, you get back and there are 3 or 4 pages of threads to sort through..

Spyder
08-17-2005, 04:44 PM
just added another line...to the thread above yours

i see that, and i understand the point. there are also 2 options when we move threads, we can move them and leave a redirection or we can just move them and leave no redirect. i wouldnt be opposed to making the whores lounge have no reason to view it unless you are just bored as hell, or looking for some random BS to waste some time.. we have struggled with this from the beginning though , how far do you want to break things down how many sub directories do we really want or need?

B16a2 Civic
08-17-2005, 04:46 PM
i'm aware of that and i know you can mark the forums read and all that good shit...that still doesn't help sort out all the new BS, especially if you are gone for (god forbid...lol) a couple days at a time, you get back and there are 3 or 4 pages of threads to sort through..

yeah i defintly feel ya on that, i guess this would be something that the mods, owners and paul would have to brainstorm on to help people who feel like you so we can sort stuff out...but yeah when your out a few days, lord knows what you may have missed...we need a Drama forum too....so if you got beef with someone, you can put it in there

Spyder
08-17-2005, 04:47 PM
yeah i defintly feel ya on that, i guess this would be something that the mods, owners and paul would have to brainstorm on to help people who feel like you so we can sort stuff out...but yeah when your out a few days, lord knows what you may have missed...we need a Drama forum too....so if you got beef with someone, you can put it in there

drama forum, i like that, a sub directory of whores lounge that we can move drama topics for those that choose to avoid it. i will have to contact paul about that and take the credit , thanks :goodjob: :D :lmfao:

B16a2 Civic
08-17-2005, 04:51 PM
drama forum, i like that, a sub directory of whores lounge that we can move drama topics for those that choose to avoid it. i will have to contact paul about that and take the credit , thanks :goodjob: :D :lmfao:

Lol....i see how it iz nick :(....Lol, but yeah i was thinkin that would be a good lil sub forum, cause some of us whores dont want drama included in our whoring rampage, then on the other side of that coin, some people post just to cause drama, yaah mean?
why not a Consumers Watch forum too...if someone has had a bad experience wetaher its with a personal person, a shop or car stolen, it could go there?

Spyder
08-17-2005, 04:54 PM
Lol....i see how it iz nick :(....Lol, but yeah i was thinkin that would be a good lil sub forum, cause some of us whores dont want drama included in our whoring rampage, then on the other side of that coin, some people post just to cause drama, yaah mean?
why not a Consumers Watch forum too...if someone has had a bad experience wetaher its with a personal person, a shop or car stolen, it could go there?

we have struggled with this from the beginning though , how far do you want to break things down how many sub directories do we really want or need?

:o

B16a2 Civic
08-17-2005, 04:55 PM
:o

:mad:

Darling Nikki
08-17-2005, 04:56 PM
Wow I think someone has wayyyyyyy too much time on their hands to actually type that much.

Spyder
08-17-2005, 04:58 PM
Wow I think someone has wayyyyyyy too much time on their hands to actually type that much.
:confused:

B16a2 Civic
08-17-2005, 04:59 PM

yeah Nickie, i am also confused...ne and nick just exchanged faces...

Spyder
08-17-2005, 05:00 PM
yeah Nickie, i am also confused...ne and nick just exchanged faces...

why is anyone confused?

chuck
08-17-2005, 05:00 PM
yeah...i'm aware i've modded in the past on this forum and other forums...i'd be talking move and live a the link and the Moved: thing....just move it if it has or could be tied into an exsisting forum...i'm not saying move every thread started by a girl to the girls(never knew what the s was for) tuners/talk forum....mainly i see a lot of events, tech, music, movies that could be moved...BUT, really almost half of the stuff could find some other section and leave the WL for posts like "happy birthday" , "where did you go to hs" and such...but stuff like "did someone say something about slammed rides" could go in the suspension forum or car pictures forum depending on the title(direction) he wanted to go with...it might seem like it'd be a pain in the ass to have to go find the threads elsewhere but if everyone posted in the other forums more then i think a lot more people would read what interests them and actually conversate about things that interest them rather than it be just a "oh look, an old picture of QD's car" it could be a "so what kind of springs did you have on that thing anyway"...

or maybe people just like the social "omg suzy i haven't talked to you in like 4 days, what is up girlfriend!!!!!!!" atmosphere better...

if you don't like what i am saying don't read this or anything else that has pissed you off?? :D

chuck
08-17-2005, 05:06 PM
amazing what you can acomplish once you get past the one finger at a time method...

its not taking tons of time and typing at 5 wmp - its thinking about saying something, typing it, talking on the phone, watching a dvd and doing your best to edit for grammar and continuity all at the same time...

Darling Nikki
08-17-2005, 05:08 PM
^whatever ya say. I think people put too much effort over something silly my friend. Who gives a shit. Its a website.

Spyder
08-17-2005, 05:10 PM
*wishes for the "drama area" to quickly appear so he can move this thread there in about 2-10 more post.

chuck
08-17-2005, 05:19 PM
I'm sorry that I get involved with this...you look back on any thread about IA and you'll see all my other paragraphs. IA is a website for the people by the people, I'm just voicing my opinion because I really have come to love IA and I don't want to see the IA I've come to know and love just go to the shits; call me an addict, call me a loser, call me whatever but over the past 5 years I've seen IA grow. I'm in the automotive industry myself, I depend on cars to make a living. IA has been the #1 driving force behind the "tuner" scene in Northen Georgia over the past 5 years and I'd just hate for all that time, effort, money and planning to go to waste. I'm NOT AT ALL saying that IA is going to fail is someone doesn't do anything, I'm just saying that change can be good and it might be better if a couple things were changed.

If I'm pissing someone off here then stop coming back into the same thread over and over again...simple right?

But I'm done in here, I'm not trying to start a pissing contest, just voicing my opinions..

Spyder
08-17-2005, 05:24 PM
If I'm pissing someone off here then stop coming back into the same thread over and over again...simple right?

why do you always end it with that lol , the only person that apparently doesn't agree with you here is Nickie, go figure. She and I have never really been on the same level while here but im told by good people she is good people. :)

B16a2 Civic
08-17-2005, 05:25 PM
I'm sorry that I get involved with this...you look back on any thread about IA and you'll see all my other paragraphs. IA is a website for the people by the people, I'm just voicing my opinion because I really have come to love IA and I don't want to see the IA I've come to know and love just go to the shits; call me an addict, call me a loser, call me whatever but over the past 5 years I've seen IA grow. I'm in the automotive industry myself, I depend on cars to make a living. IA has been the #1 driving force behind the "tuner" scene in Northen Georgia over the past 5 years and I'd just hate for all that time, effort, money and planning to go to waste. I'm NOT AT ALL saying that IA is going to fail is someone doesn't do anything, I'm just saying that change can be good and it might be better if a couple things were changed.

to be honest, this was needed to be said a long time ago,....maybe there will be some sort of change cause it seems alot of the veterns have voiced their opinion on the new ia.....im sure action will be taken soon

chuck
08-17-2005, 05:26 PM
why do you always end it with that lol , the only person that apparently doesn't agree with you here is Nickie, go figure. She and I have never really been on the same level while here but im told by good people she is good people. :)

edited...better??? i didn't end with it...

but i was just ending with that just to point out its kinda of clische(awful sp) to say to not read something if you get "upset" when you read it...

$.02 - paid in full

Spyder
08-17-2005, 05:31 PM
edited...better??? i didn't end with it...

but i was just ending with that just to point out its kinda of clische(awful sp) to say to not read something if you get "upset" when you read it...

$.02 - paid in full

lol i got nothing but love for you chuck no worries :D

quickdodgeŽ
08-17-2005, 05:55 PM
I see some of you bitches(Xterra, Brett, Spyder Man, and a few others) have taken me the wrong way, which I can see how. I realize this the WL, I'm not complaining..believe me. I'm one of the mutherfuckers that have 75% of his posts in here. And I know what to click into and not to click into. It's just that there is not a lot of worthy shit in here anymore. I'm not saying to change anything, just start finding cool, worthwhile things to add to the crap. Later, QD.

Spyder
08-17-2005, 05:57 PM
I see some of you bitches(Xterra, Brett, Spyder Man, and a few others) have taken me the wrong way, which I can see how. I realize this the WL, I'm not complaining..believe me. I'm one of the mutherfuckers that have 75% of his posts in here. And I know what to click into and not to click into. It's just that there is not a lot of worthy shit in here anymore. I'm not saying to change anything, just start finding cool, worthwhile things to add to the crap. Later, QD.

oh.

ps FU WIGGA. :D

NzProjeKt
08-17-2005, 06:20 PM
Very Good Observation... Co-Sign 210 %

Marta Mike
08-17-2005, 06:30 PM
HMMMMM i really dont see what the big deal is, but i have been on IA for a few years, and yes i remember more topics having an actual topic. To be honest theres a lot of shit i dont even look at in here. But then again im a nigga thats bored and post random shit, why? Bc its the WL thats what its for. And honestly i think thats what it should remain. What you gonna filter out all the post? Then what? That doesnt cure anything. One thing i like bout IA is that its AS IS! W/e goes goes, yea yall do some regulating but very little compared to other sites im on or been to. It should stay that way, thats just another reason IA is different from the rest. If its turns in to IL a lotta people just gonna do away with it. :2cents:

NzProjeKt
08-17-2005, 06:33 PM
HMMMMM i really dont see what the big deal is, but i have been on IA for a few years, and yes i remember more topics having an actual topic. To be honest theres a lot of shit i dont even look at in here. But then again im a nigga thats bored and post random shit, why? Bc its the WL thats what its for. And honestly i think thats what it should remain. What you gonna filter out all the post? Then what? That doesnt cure anything. One thing i like bout IA is that its AS IS! W/e goes goes, yea yall do some regulating but very little compared to other sites im on or been to. It should stay that way, thats just another reason IA is different from the rest. If its turns in to IL a lotta people just gonna do away with it. :2cents:
Very Nice Perspective As Well Marta Mike..

quickdodgeŽ
08-17-2005, 07:11 PM

Eh, fucker! Lolol. I'm not mad or upset at all. It was just a random rant. It's all good. Just wish there was more content in here, that's all. Later, QD.

Marta Mike
08-17-2005, 07:17 PM
hahaha i know man, that was not directed to you, it was for all the other bitches whining-lol

4dmin
08-17-2005, 08:04 PM
I think this is a great post i with some good insite from IA OG's...

WL is 99.9% BS and .1% worth reading... why do people post BS, bored, want to talk to someone, like feeling apart of something, & we don't filter shit.

if we filtered BS from the WL then there would be nothing in it, the key is to get people posting in other forums and reading other forums, so the boards feel more interesting. we've tried creating forums for everything so you can post what you want where you want, but still the WL makes more traffice than 1/2 of the boards.... why b/c its the end all section that has gotten the rep of never being filtered.

I say you want a more worth while reading boards, put topics in a more suited section (i'm guilty of it just as anyone else)

example: NEW R32: could of just posted it in the vw forum, but if i post it in the WL i know there will be 100x as many people see it, sure enought 3pages of comments, but now you can't even find it; its probably 3 pages back in thread :rolleyes:

its never ending... i'll see what we can do about filter some thread, but everyone should start posting in all of the other forums to keep the boards more alive. its not that difficult to search for something w/ all of the catagories we have :goodjob:

trythefly
08-18-2005, 01:45 PM
this is how I feel everytime I see a crap thread:

psychodrama_81
08-18-2005, 04:18 PM
^^I like that lol