PDA

View Full Version : two questions.

rizzler
05-01-2008, 02:20 AM
i recently bought an 04 honda civic ex with konig reason rims on it. The problem is that all four rims have minor to major curb damage. Is it possible to fix them? and would it be cheaper to fix them or just to buy newer rims (04-05 ex rims 99-00 SI rims) with tires?

second question is about gas mileage
When i first bought the car gas tank was almost at E so i pumped shell premium and got about 350 miles with about less than a quarter tank (about 3 lines before E on the meter)
second time i pumped I got about 340
i checked air pressure and the max on my tires is 50 so i put in about 35-38 (they were at 20-35 varying from tire to tire)
and this time i checked I got about 290

I pumped at the same shell, same pump with 93 octane and I was wondering what could have caused this decrease in mileage?... btw the car just hit 55000 so its close to the 60k service
should i go ahead and get a servicing sooner then 60k? or wait it out a little longer and see if i do any better with the gas?

reps given for help
thanks in advance

AnthonyF
05-01-2008, 08:56 AM
Yes you can fix them. Check my sig, mine have been bent, curbed, powder coated, and repowder coated.

Wheelwizard.com located on P-tree industrial.

Post pics of the Konig's. If they are a cheap ass brand, then sell them on buford hwy. no sense fixing ugly rims.

--------------------
Could result in a lot of things. Fuel grade, air temp, if you were following people open road driving, city driving. Unless you travel the same exact path every single day, your mileage is going to rise and fall.If the car isnt driven much, change the plugs and fuel filter, check the wires and see if they need to be changed.

-Ant.

chituntang
05-01-2008, 10:47 AM
i checked air pressure and the max on my tires is 50 so i put in about 35-38 (they were at 20-35 varying from tire to tire)

Check what's your recommended tire pressure if the tires are same size as stock, not just guessing. Right tire pressure gives you better mpg, not more/less.

Any if your wheels only cost like 3-400 to begin with, you are better off getting new ones.