PDA

View Full Version : Misc wtf; computer screwing up memory cards

chuck
08-17-2005, 01:15 PM
so i can take a picture on my digital camera but when i put the memory card into the built in card reader thing on my pc it always screws up the pictures...once the memory card goes in the pictures i just took get screwed up and won't open. i tried reformating the mem card and that didn't do anything...

any ideas of what else to try???

this is what it looks like when i try to open a picture. the middle icon was a picture but i can't even get a thumbnail for it, the last picture was a full thumbnail then i clicked on it and it popped up what you see there.

Spyder
08-17-2005, 01:24 PM
wow that sucks, but new ones arent expensive, like 10 bucks or so.. :)

Spyder
08-17-2005, 01:25 PM
oh and have you tried the cars in a different machine to make sure it is the reader and not somehow the card?

chuck
08-17-2005, 01:58 PM
well i reformatted the card and it doesn't ever give me a problem in the camera unless it's been in the card reader...

Spyder
08-17-2005, 02:05 PM
well i reformatted the card and it doesn't ever give me a problem in the camera unless it's been in the card reader...

so that was your way of saying, "no i havent tried it in another computer" lol. do that if it works perfectly there then its 100% your reader. buy a new one :)

chuck
08-17-2005, 02:35 PM
but this one is brand new and built-in...i'm just trying to find out of there are any settings or anything i can change to make this one work, i already know how to spend more money and get some little dangly thing...but that's not what i'm trying to do and i've got plenty of card readers sitting around already that work fine.

chuck
08-17-2005, 02:35 PM
but this one is brand new and built-in...i'm just trying to find out of there are any settings or anything i can change to make this one work, i already know how to spend more money and get some little dangly thing...but that's not what i'm trying to do and i've got plenty of card readers sitting around already that work fine.
^---that's my way of saying "no"