PDA

View Full Version : Anyone from Charleston?

DaMaGe ZWK
04-29-2008, 08:44 AM
Anyone live in charleston or pretty close? Im thinking about moving there and I need to find about prices on rent and how hard it is to find a job....

Sammich
04-29-2008, 08:47 AM
rent..expect around $700+ at least..charleston can get expensive quick because of its location/'historicalness'..i'm not sure about jobs, never checked on jobs

JennB
04-29-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm from SC and lived in Charleston a little during college and I've been there literally 100's of times.

What field are you in? Do you want to live right in the city or would you mind Summerville, Moncks Corner, etc?

I'll probably move back there in a few years. Love it.

DaMaGe ZWK
04-29-2008, 09:52 AM
yeah ive been there a hundred times to... my ex's grandmother lives up there. I love it, and just recently decided thats where i want to live.... I actually went to school for auto paint and body but not really something i want to do the rest of my life, so ill use that as a backup... right now im in tech support for a software company... i really would like to have some sort of office job... I could prolly handle living in summerville... I wont have any bills when i move except cell and car insurance and rent.... thanks for all your help though... I plan on going up there next weekend to look around for some jobs....

Sammich
04-29-2008, 09:53 AM
yea just look get a newspaper or two adn some rental brochures to give u an idea of rent and whats available

JennB
04-29-2008, 09:59 AM
Summerville is very affordable. Charleston is only expensive if you want to live on the islands or in the heart of the city.

Tech jobs will not be anywhere near as common there as they are here but if you can do tech support for an office, IT admin type stuff you'll have a much better chance. A lot more business has sprung up in the area in the last few years though so there may be some tech here and there.

DaMaGe ZWK
04-29-2008, 10:15 AM
what part do you guys live?

Sammich
04-29-2008, 10:20 AM
i'm about an hr..hour and a half from charleston

JennB
04-29-2008, 11:13 AM
I live in Atlanta.... I'm from SC though. Lived there for 25 years and go back to see family and friends many times per year.

I lived in Summerville when I was a teenager and I've stayed all over Charleston from downtown to Folly to Wild Dunes to James Island and everywhere in between.

DaMaGe ZWK
04-29-2008, 11:46 AM
I live in Atlanta.... I'm from SC though. Lived there for 25 years and go back to see family and friends many times per year.

I lived in Summerville when I was a teenager and I've stayed all over Charleston from downtown to Folly to Wild Dunes to James Island and everywhere in between.
kool... do you know if they like have a unemployment office where you can go and apply for jobs and stuff?

JennB
04-29-2008, 11:51 AM
I would imagine every city does.

blaknoize
04-29-2008, 01:08 PM
I live close to Charleston, WV :D

92mr2T
05-08-2008, 11:46 AM
Chucktown ftl!
Can't knock it though. Started driving there when I was young. I haven't been back in years, but would visit if I had to. I know people still in Goosecreek, Summerville and Moncks corner.

quickdodgeŽ
05-08-2008, 11:55 AM
Anyone live in charleston or pretty close? Im thinking about moving there and I need to find about prices on rent and how hard it is to find a job....

Ahhh, Charleston. One of the greatest cities on the East Coast. Or the US for that matter. I'm going there over the Summer. Later, QD.

mocha latte cupcake
05-08-2008, 11:58 AM
hey man i'm kinda close to ya... Hilton Head, i'm about a hour or so from the Charleston area... you north or south side... don't listen to Peanut Buttah Sammich... he sells rock business is good no matter WHERE he goes