PDA

View Full Version : Polishing/Buffing Question

xlilvi3tx
04-29-2008, 12:51 AM
well i have already done polished two of my wheels and it looks great but my question is when u polish it, is there any noticable difference in how shiny it is from when u polish by hand and from a buffer? i have done some reason to try and find out but some people say there is a huge difference and some people say that u can barely tell. if the people who have seen the differences and experience it please post a answer it would greatly be appreciated. thanks in advance! :goodjob: and reps will be given to any useful responses.

RBS
04-29-2008, 06:17 AM
there is a difference, using a buffer is more consistent and buffs the compound onto the surface of the metal better than with your hand

southside
04-29-2008, 06:30 AM
Hmmmm

AnthonyF
04-29-2008, 06:53 AM
^was that a useful post for the OP?

The buffer will work MUCH better. Your hand can get in the tight areas of the wheel, but the obvious noticeable places, the buffer will do a MUCH better job.

xlilvi3tx
04-29-2008, 07:18 PM
thanks for the responses. and does the sanding it by machine or by hand is better? today i did it all by hand besides 220 grits to get the face curbs out. imo the sanding by hand looks much better and much more even but idk....