PDA

View Full Version : Gun Rights

PawnShopCEO
04-28-2008, 07:51 PM
some of my close friends on here know about this case.. but alot of you dont and i know there are alot of gun collectors on the board. My father is fighting the city of new york this coming month in New York for his frivolous law suit against our sporting goods store "Adventure Outdoors". This cbs report give the backdrop for our case. We have a website posted up for people to check in on the latest on the case and also for supporters of the second amendment to contribute to our fight. This is a very costly case which well over 1 million dollars has already been spent on legal fees, which we believe is the city of New Yorks agenda from the start.. To run legitimate Gun Dealers out of business by not being able to fight the mighty city of New York unlimited budget legal team.

http://www.cbs46.com/video/16027779/index.html

www.bloombergfightbackfund.com

KPowerEP3
04-28-2008, 08:09 PM
wow you guys own AO?

I like y'all, you support GA Carry.

ShooterMcGavin
04-28-2008, 08:17 PM
yeah i've always been a fan of AO, been a customer many times and have always been treated in a friendly, respectable win :goodjob:

PawnShopCEO
04-28-2008, 08:30 PM
thanks for the kind comments. Yeah AO is my family business.. I run the pawn shop down the street. My brothers run AO

ShooterMcGavin
04-28-2008, 09:20 PM
^^^not the pawn shop attached to hot shots is it?

PawnShopCEO
04-28-2008, 10:10 PM
noooooo... adventure outdoors used to be attached to the pawn shop, it moved to its current location in 98... Smyrna Police Distributors is attached to the pawn shop now... we are just around the corner from AO

ShooterMcGavin
04-28-2008, 10:19 PM
oh ok, didn't think so ;)

The Ninja
04-28-2008, 10:34 PM
^ The gayest smiley on this site.

ShooterMcGavin
04-28-2008, 10:44 PM
^ The gayest smiley on this site.
the gayest member on this site.....but seriously, do you ever have anything REMOTELY worthwhile to post? at this rate you'll be the next pbs in no time.

The Ninja
04-28-2008, 10:53 PM
the gayest member on this site.....but seriously, do you ever have anything REMOTELY worthwhile to post? at this rate you'll be the next pbs in no time.

That almost makes me want to repent for my sins. :rolleyes:

Don't cry.

ShooterMcGavin
04-28-2008, 10:58 PM
That almost makes me want to repent for my sins. :rolleyes:

Don't cry.
even jesus wouldn't accept your repentence, so why the hell would i cry? :thinking:

The Ninja
04-28-2008, 11:01 PM
even jesus wouldn't accept your repentence, so why the hell would i cry? :thinking:

Just relax. Don't go shootin up a campus or anything, I'm playin man. I don't make serious posts after 9pm. Ninja policy.

ShooterMcGavin
04-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Just relax. Don't go shootin up a campus or anything, I'm playin man. I don't make serious posts after 9pm. Ninja policy.
nah, not til next semester anyway when you're back on campus :goodjob:

Scrilla
04-28-2008, 11:11 PM
400 Million In Libel?

YIKES!

The Ninja
04-28-2008, 11:11 PM
1) I'm not stayin on campus next semester
2) Thats not how I'm goin down.

ShooterMcGavin
04-28-2008, 11:19 PM
1) I'm not stayin on campus next semester
2) Thats not how I'm goin down.
1) you'll need to be there for classes don't you?
2) that's what you think, being a supporter of ppl not carrying on campus and all ;)

The Ninja
04-28-2008, 11:30 PM
Yea, I'll be there. I dare someone to shoot up a class i'm in and not be a ***** and try and end their life.

PawnShopCEO
04-28-2008, 11:33 PM
400 Million In Libel?

YIKES!

obviously we wouldnt win that much.. but they did say that the blood of the murdered people in NY are on our hands... and that we are the worst of the worst dealers... pretty bad words there

_Christian_
04-29-2008, 06:29 AM
That is absolutely ridiculous. As long as the sales are legal, I don't see any way AO could be responsible. It is impossible to control what happens to merchandise once it leaves the store. That's the equivalent of suing car dealerships for DUI deaths. I really hope your family wins against these scumbags.

TheDarkRacer
04-29-2008, 07:25 PM
^^use that 2nd-to-last line in court!

ANd that sucks. I recently decided that if everyone was allowed to carry a gun, crime rates would drop by 80%. because who would be dumb enough to try and do something when everyone in the room has heat around their waist?? And then natural selection would start to work again. :ninja:
~TDR

SouthSide Tay
04-29-2008, 07:43 PM
SUPPORT GA CARRY!!! all IA members should. at least u will when your cars get stolen

ShooterMcGavin
04-29-2008, 11:19 PM
^^use that 2nd-to-last line in court!

ANd that sucks. I recently decided that if everyone was allowed to carry a gun, crime rates would drop by 80%. because who would be dumb enough to try and do something when everyone in the room has heat around their waist?? And then natural selection would start to work again. :ninja:
~TDR
finally, someone that sees the light :goodjob:

turbosx©
04-30-2008, 11:30 AM
natural selection is king

also i wish i Had money to donate.If i win the lottery I'll send some ya way.

PawnShopCEO
04-30-2008, 12:52 PM
preciate it... alot of people dont realize whats going on here.. the case we are fighting is to preserve the 2nd amendment. Politicians like Bloomberg are using their deep pockets to push their political agenda all over the country. We wont stand for it. My father will sell everything he owns before he cowers down to the city of NY

PawnShopCEO
04-30-2008, 05:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NEWS RELEASE
SAF CHEERS FEDERAL COURT REJECTION OF BLOOMBERG LAWSUIT

BELLEVUE, WA – The Second Amendment Foundation said today’s dismissal of a lawsuit filed against the firearms industry by anti-gun New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg should send a clear message that “courthouse demagoguery and harassment of law-abiding business is not the responsible way to fight crime.”

The 2-1 opinion, written by U.S. Appeals Court Judge Robert J. Miner, affirms the constitutionality of the 2005 Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. It overturns a lower court ruling by activist federal judge Jack B. Weinstein, explaining that he should have dismissed the case instead of allowing it to go forward.

“Today’s ruling is clearly a defeat for Michael Bloomberg,” said SAF founder Alan M. Gottlieb. “The law trumps a billionaire’s arrogance and a federal judge’s long standing anti-gun activism. It is time for Bloomberg to grow up, and for Weinstein to step down.

“Judge Weinstein should certainly step aside from a case that will come before the court shortly on Bloomberg’s harassment lawsuit of firearms dealers in other states,” he added.

Gottlieb called the Miner ruling a clear victory for America’s politically demonized firearms industry, and he congratulated gun makers and the National Shooting Sports Foundation.

“This ruling should also send a message to anti-gun extremist groups like the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence that bankrolling frivolous junk lawsuits in an attempt to bankrupt a heavily-regulated, lawful industry must cease,” Gottlieb observed. “Abusing the legal system to harass gun makers may grab a few cheap headlines, but what does it really accomplish? Criminals still commit crimes with guns they get illegally from illicit sources.

“Legal theatrics that deflect attention from the failure of Bloomberg’s administration to prevent crime while pursuing an agenda of victim disarmament are all flash and no substance,” Gottlieb concluded, “and the people know it. Judging from today’s appeals court ruling, so do the courts.”

-END-

PawnShopCEO
04-30-2008, 05:09 PM
this is not our case.. but even if the court decides in bloombergs favor the appeals court looks likely to throw it out

PawnShopCEO
05-05-2008, 08:05 PM
Bump. Does anyone know any producers within the media? Someone within fox news would be great. We have spoken with NRA President about our case and he said we had his support. NRA and NSSF havent stepped up to the plate to aid us monetarily with this fight. We are sticking our necks out there for the 2nd ammendment and the gun industry... Nobody from the gun industry has stepped up to help. Smith & Wesson has contributed which we greatly appreciate.