PDA

View Full Version : SR METH?!?

xs042
04-28-2008, 09:12 AM
i know there has to be someone around here that has methanol injection on an SR20.
the reason i ask is because i just came from the AWD turbo scene, and you know how popular methanol is with them. sooo im thinking y not put it on my SR..

Im just wondering how it worked out.? and im pretty sure there isnt a straight up kit.. so how did you peice it together.?

THANKS ! ! !
:goodjob:

Stormhammer
04-28-2008, 01:25 PM
meth + windshield washer

cdhtang
04-28-2008, 02:05 PM
why not ask in nico, zilvia, or 240atlanta? there should be a right answer for you.

xs042
04-28-2008, 10:46 PM
why not ask in nico, zilvia, or 240atlanta? there should be a right answer for you.

lol i know i should have asked a forum with more SR owners, but i can only log on to IA at school soo i just posted, to see if i'd get any help

SouthSide Tay
04-28-2008, 10:53 PM
wish we could be of more help to you good luck. when you do find what you are looking for share it with us here on IA

chituntang
04-29-2008, 01:25 AM
I see most of the SR owners tends to make power though real hardware upgrade
cams, intake, fmic, exhaust, etc.
ebc/mbc, air/fuel management/tuning, etc.
turbo, rebuild engine, etc.

Want a fast straight line car? Your old car is faster.

Anyways, kits are out there, but not much responses from user

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=105815&highlight=methanol+injection

AnthonyF
04-29-2008, 05:15 AM
meth is popular with any supercharged or turbocharged car. You can apply to any vehicle. Mainly higher boosted cars need it.

snowperformance.com

xs042
04-29-2008, 12:14 PM
I see most of the SR owners tends to make power though real hardware upgrade
cams, intake, fmic, exhaust, etc.
ebc/mbc, air/fuel management/tuning, etc.
turbo, rebuild engine, etc.

Want a fast straight line car? Your old car is faster.

Anyways, kits are out there, but not much responses from user

http://www.zilvia.net/f/showthread.php?t=105815&highlight=methanol+injection

well see, my assumption to the reason why meth is so popular with the AWD turbo scene is.... because they all come stock at 1bar or higher.. high boost already, and the only way to make easy power is to up the boost.. ( im not saying that just upping the boost is good, but people do it) soo methonal ups your octain and cools down the air going into the cylinder, or thats what i've been told.. soo higher octain and cooler temps = more safe for motor.
i have an s14 SR vct with a gt2871r, 550cc, and other supporting sr swap mods, walbro, FMIC,full exhaust.. ect. but yeah im running fat now with an SAFC quick safe tune at 10psi but when apex'i decides to quite holding my power FC d-jetro hostage, im going to get a retune, and up the psi to around 14-17. and i want to be safe about it all. Soo i and contemplating methonal injection.:D

thank you for you input

chituntang
04-30-2008, 11:23 PM
I am pretty sure meth cools down your intake air so it would get more hp. The problem is that the stock SR turbo, even the S15 gt28r, only holds up to like 18-20psi. Compare to EVO and other newer car with turbo (seen them with over 23psi all the time), they need them more.

Tune your car, turn up the boost, and you should make over 350whp.