PDA

View Full Version : need help KNOCK

AEM_Integra
04-27-2008, 02:18 PM
ight i have a h23 prelude and everyone has been teling me it had a knock in it or it has a bad iming tensioner... i was gonna get the tensioner fixed but sometold me it was a knock... so i need sugetsions or is there anyway i can tell if it is a knock... it has been making the knocking noise for about 3 months now

eghonda88
04-27-2008, 02:24 PM
Run High Octane in it and see if it helps you might have "spark knock". If it reduces the noise or makes it go away its spark knock

Tech5
04-27-2008, 02:27 PM
no no no....take it to a good mechanic an let them listen to it...dont try an fix something that isnt the problem if you rev it up in neutral an the raddle knocking sounds come in then most likely you have a rod knock....if you take your oil pan off an take the griddle out an oil pick up you can move the rod back an forth then that isnt good....you can fix it now an be ok unless you went to the brass on the bearing then it tore the crank up then you eithe rebuild it with getting your crank Micro polished an new bearings or get a new engine JDM 40-60k miles

Barefoot
04-30-2008, 12:29 PM
no no no....take it to a good mechanic an let them listen to it...dont try an fix something that isnt the problem if you rev it up in neutral an the raddle knocking sounds come in then most likely you have a rod knock....if you take your oil pan off an take the griddle out an oil pick up you can move the rod back an forth then that isnt good....you can fix it now an be ok unless you went to the brass on the bearing then it tore the crank up then you eithe rebuild it with getting your crank Micro polished an new bearings or get a new engine JDM 40-60k miles
agree 100%

southside
04-30-2008, 04:23 PM
If you rev the car and it gets louder then its a rod.More than likely drop the oil pan check pick up for shavings.