PDA

View Full Version : Stage II begins...

Echonova
04-27-2008, 02:02 PM
Time to take it up a notch. I've been putting off working on it for far too long.

Car before hand...
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Dyno%20day%204-5-08/R-3.jpg

Car as it sits as of 2 hours ago...
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/Dyno%20day%204-5-08/149.jpg

End goal, without the streched tires. I want huge fat meats on mine.

http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x249/Echonova1/12-dans13.jpg

Will be updating pics as I go, but this will take a couple weekends. Finally doing the 5-Lug and 300Z brakes. Weds go off next week to be re-painted and have some minor curb rash (on inside) fixed. ARC airbox (already in), 440 injectors, HKS manifold, HKS boost controller, HKS turbo timer, Greddy front mount intercooler (may not do, I'm trying to find an ARC sidemount. We will see), maybe finally put my stereo system in it.

Krappy
04-27-2008, 02:04 PM
So you're getting flares? are you going to cut/modify the fenders so the flares can actually be functional?

Echonova
04-27-2008, 02:06 PM
So you're getting flares? are you going to cut/modify the fenders so the flares can actually be functional?My tires aren't as wide as the end pic, mine are only 9" wide rears. Hoping I can get away with rolling, but if it needs flares, they will be cut and functional.

Krappy
04-27-2008, 02:08 PM
My tires aren't as wide as the end pic, mine are only 9" wide rears. Hoping I can get away with rolling, but if it needs flares, they will be cut and functional.
what offset? more than likey a 9 wont need any modding maybe a very slight roll/pull.... people pull off 10's and 10.5's in the rear w/ stock fenders jsut with a really agressive pull/roll.... and any suspension upgrades from those springs? id recommend you get coilovers to get a more agressive stance with the wider wheels...

FasTech
04-27-2008, 02:13 PM
Good luck with it man, can't wait to see updates

Echonova
04-27-2008, 02:14 PM
I'm gonna be running a +40 offest to clear the calipers. I have some 300Z rims I'm gonna run short term because I haven't bought the tires for the Weds yet. Need to get the 5-lug done and get everything mocked up to figure out tires. I'm no good at figuring that stuff out without being able to put my hands on it and measure.

Krappy
04-27-2008, 02:17 PM
I'm gonna be running a +40 offest to clear the calipers. I have some 300Z rims I'm gonna run short term because I haven't bought the tires for the Weds yet. Need to get the 5-lug done and get everything mocked up to figure out tires. I'm no good at figuring that stuff out without being able to put my hands on it and measure.
whoa.... +40 is pretty high i really dont know about fender clearence i dont think you have any but i could be wrong....... IMO would look kinda silly on a s-chassis....our cars look better w/ a wheel w/ an offset below +30

Echonova
04-27-2008, 02:17 PM
Oh, and yeah the springs will be changed. Not sure I'll go with coilovers (bad experience) but yeah, it will be addressed.

Echonova
04-27-2008, 02:24 PM
whoa.... +40 is pretty high i really dont know about fender clearence i dont think you have any but i could be wrong....... IMO would look kinda silly on a s-chassis....our cars look better w/ a wheel w/ an offset below +30Unless I measured wrong, and I may have. Even at +30 the Weds would touch the calipers. They cleared the brakes on my Supra just fine, not sure why the 300Z's are such a problem. But like I said, one step at a time. figuring sh*t up off the car I'm no good at. So the spacers haven't been bought yet.;) But I can barely get the studs in the hole before it hits caliper. Using S14 turbo front hubs and brakes BTW. I was under the impression they were the same as 300z.

Ed
04-28-2008, 07:38 AM
rice.

wantboost
04-28-2008, 08:41 AM
with a 40 offset you will not need fender flairs. i would be more concerned with it rubbing the strut.

santacruz77
04-28-2008, 09:08 AM
i spy somthing i want.

let me rock your wantabees.