PDA

View Full Version : obd1 car obd0 motor swap

delslo
04-27-2008, 02:02 PM
this is a very easy swap and its almost plug and play if you buy a few items. im writing this post cuz i had to learn it by scratch and something like this would have prepared me so much better not saying theres not one on here i just could not find it...........

pics available on request!!!!!!!!!

start off with the basics keep car obd1 dont try to get crazy and make your car match your motor...... cost more than making motor obd1

you will need to buy a few things junk yards or friends will have them if not ia does i promise!!

1.. obd1 wire harness i got mine for 25$ dont pay much more than that. i also got one for free:yes: 2.. obd1 motor mounts price range varies but u can get them under 100$ 3..obd1 fuel injectors are best way to go for 25 buck off of here. or i can tell how to wire in your resistor box and splice old clips into obd1 harness.. 4.. obd1 dizzy ia is great place to get them or junk yard 5.. go to junk yard if your cheapskate and buy 4 prong o2 sensor or get it from part store......
now for install everything is plug and play put it on motor before u put it in car if you have obd 1 injectors....... just about......... lol you will have to wire in the back up light in front of transmission your self dont worry wires are same color and the switch to turn on radiator fan in in back of motor obd1 is in thermosat housing so extend wires 24" to plug in back of motor right above oil sending unit........ or get a obd1 thermostat housing and it plugs right in

mounts the obd1 mounts will make the engine sit right were it needs to no problems there make sure u get both pieces for mount in front of timing belt!!! and the transmission mount will not make cable tranny sit in correct place i cut and welded mine and made my own mount took me ten mins but you might want to get the conversion mount if you keep cable tranny.. i am a metal fabricator.......... so i didnt

if you put cable tranny in hydrolic car u can get a kit for 100+ $ to make it
work or get a cable out of da from junk yard i paid 20$ for mine all u will need to do to make cable work is drill a 1/2" hole 2.5 inches above hole for stock hydrolic clutch through fire wall..... its not that hard.... then hook cable to pedal at the top of pedal.........

hope i helped out ask any questions you may have prior to swap so your not stuck.........

if anything is wrong please add