PDA

View Full Version : Video surveillance help please.

BUGMAN
04-26-2008, 11:02 PM
The system that I have now is fully expanded to 12 motion/color video cameras with auto zoom and it is maxed out. This system is direct link to our server instead of a VCR but is also ran through a DVR here. If you are on our property or even remotely close it will pan and zoom in on what ever is in motion.

I am looking for a complete new system close to this one but expandable to 16 cameras or more so I can add a few extras inside the shops which only have 1 each now but I can't without disabling one of the others that cover our property. It must be capable of DVR and uploading to the server in real time with motion, pan/scan, auto zoom/focus in color with night view.

Anyone have any ideas or suggestions? Oh and I don't want any red lights on them. Just wouldn't make sense to me for anyone to know that they are on live feed or it would defeat the purpose. :)

Arm&hammer
04-26-2008, 11:12 PM
why do you need so many camras?

sina518
04-26-2008, 11:13 PM
http://www.costco.com/Common/Search.aspx?Dx=mode+matchallpartial&whse=BC&Ne=4000000&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&N=5000043&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&Ntk=Text_Search&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&lang=en-US&D=security&search=security&Ntt=security&topnav=

sina518
04-26-2008, 11:14 PM
sorry if that link doesnt work, just go to costco.com type in security in the search menu , and go through them their are a lot of them

yogi08
04-26-2008, 11:15 PM
well dern and i wanted to steal the miata back ;) jk. sounds cool as hell man, i acually bought one of those "fooler" camera's and never found a place to put it

BUGMAN
04-26-2008, 11:42 PM
why do you need so many camras?

To protect my pot plants! Ha Ha JK...

Actually in case anyone ever comes to steal anything I would hate to miss seeing my dogs eat their azz. Right now you can't get near our property without being on my server in full color and motion pan/scan but I want a few extra for inside the shops just for extra security.

I honestly don't deal drugs but fascinated with technology and the system I have now is freaking awesome but want a few in the shops as well.

You can't trust anyone now a days man, haven't you figured that out yet? :)

BUGMAN
04-26-2008, 11:43 PM
well dern and i wanted to steal the miata back ;) jk. sounds cool as hell man, i acually bought one of those "fooler" camera's and never found a place to put it

You and tour buddy are on film/server from 5 different angles all the way to the road. :)

yogi08
04-26-2008, 11:45 PM
haha well im damn glad im honest! im sure if you may of had someone un honest, they woulve gotten the keys off the mailbox like i did, then went back to look thru your stuff. but me... nahh we got the keys, stalled out, then finally got going hahahaha

BUGMAN
04-26-2008, 11:48 PM
[QUOTE=sina518]http://www.costco.com/s/QUOTE]

Not too shabby compared to what I was looking at.
Costco: http://www.costco.com/Browse/Product.aspx?Prodid=11216992&search=security&Sp=S&Mo=68&cm_re=1_en-_-Top_Left_Nav-_-Top_search&lang=en-US&Nr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ns=P_Price|1||P_SignDesc1&N=5000043&whse=BC&Dx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=Text_Search&Dr=P_CatalogName:BC&Ne=4000000&D=security&Ntt=security&No=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Nty=1&topnav=&s=1

What I had in mind:http://www.surveillance-video.com/alldighigspe.html
With all the upgrades I was looking @ $9,700. With the Costco system and all the upgrades it will be closer to $5,800.

Now I just have to compare the camera quality and night vision.

Thanks for the link. I didn't even know that Costco carried stuff like this.

BUGMAN
04-26-2008, 11:51 PM
haha well im damn glad im honest! im sure if you may of had someone un honest, they woulve gotten the keys off the mailbox like i did, then went back to look thru your stuff. but me... nahh we got the keys, stalled out, then finally got going hahahaha

I have caught several people trying to get gas from our tanks not knowing the code and standing out there entering a million codes for an hour at a time trying to steal gas from our tank.

I have also caught what I thought was friends looking through a few of our cars. Not taking anything but being very nosy and up to no good.

Kinda amusing finding out who you can and can't trust. I was really shocked at a few of them thinking that I could trust them with anything and finding out that they were low life common thief's.

I sent a few of them a copy of the video with a nice note telling them to stay the "F" off my property with no response of course. :)

yogi08
04-26-2008, 11:58 PM
I have caught several people trying to get gas from our tanks not knowing the code and standing out there entering a million codes for an hour at a time trying to steal gas from our tank.

I have also caught what I thought was friends looking through a few of our cars. Not taking anything but being very nosy and up to no good.

Kinda amusing finding out who you can and can't trust. I was really shocked at a few of them thinking that I could trust them with anything and finding out that they were low life common thief's.

I sent a few of them a copy of the video with a nice note telling them to stay the "F" off my property with no response of course. :)
theres a code you have to enter at the main gate that we entered? obviously it was already open for us since yall were outside waiting, but i didnt even noticed a keypad lol, but nore was i nosey and looking :P

yall are in a good place to raise kids though, i really did enjoy meeting your family.

BUGMAN
04-27-2008, 12:11 AM
theres a code you have to enter at the main gate that we entered? obviously it was already open for us since yall were outside waiting, but i didnt even noticed a keypad lol, but nore was i nosey and looking :P

yall are in a good place to raise kids though, i really did enjoy meeting your family.

No keypad needed. The dogs will greet you just fine when we don't have them locked up. Remember the puppies? Their parents are out roaming the property now. :)

yogi08
04-27-2008, 12:23 AM
No keypad needed. The dogs will greet you just fine when we don't have them locked up. Remember the puppies? Their parents are out roaming the property now. :)
hahaha then yeah next time im there ill make sure its only by invite from you. i really wanted to see more of the land man, do yall even have any ponds on your property? you were the topic of discussion a few n ights ago when i was chillin with my parents lookin thru pictures. i was adopted at 21 months, so theres a few pictures of me at the foster home or whatever that would be. i told them what you do for your kids.