PDA

View Full Version : anyone want to or know how to weld a dif.

MskunkM
04-25-2008, 06:40 PM
ive decided to just weld my dif. being that i work @ a tire shop tires wont be a big deal to replace on my car.

so if you know how to or know someone who does know how to weld a dif sendm my way with a price and ill try to set a date for you to come by my store and weld it for me.:goodjob:

wantboost
04-25-2008, 06:44 PM
are you going to drive that car every day? if so i wouldn't recommend it, awful hard on wheel studs.....

MskunkM
04-25-2008, 07:01 PM
are you going to drive that car every day? if so i wouldn't recommend it, awful hard on wheel studs.....
as in... it stipps them or... what?

wantboost
04-25-2008, 08:04 PM
if puts alot more stress on them and they can snap off.

redrumracer
04-25-2008, 10:00 PM
what happened to the other diff you found??

B_Hoov
04-26-2008, 08:24 AM
i can do it but it's not very safe, the ones i have welded are still running but i have seen some blow up and come un-****in-glued just with normal driving, just get a spool for it, does the same thing but safer, should only be like 130$, and run ARP extended wheel studs to prevent what wantboost is speaking of.

blackshine007
04-26-2008, 08:56 AM
ive decided to just weld my dif. being that i work @ a tire shop tires wont be a big deal to replace on my car.

so if you know how to or know someone who does know how to weld a dif sendm my way with a price and ill try to set a date for you to come by my store and weld it for me.:goodjob:
Kiss daily driving in that car goodbye. Why couldn't you just buy an LSD from a junkyard?

MskunkM
04-27-2008, 01:38 PM
what happened to the other diff you found??
it was ****ing automatic... so it was ****

MskunkM
04-27-2008, 01:41 PM
i appreciae all the feedback... im still looking for an lsd... but i had no idea of the reprocussions to welding the dif. thanks