PDA

View Full Version : EPIC LULZ!

ShooterMcGavin
04-25-2008, 05:35 PM
saw this on another forum i frequent, long worthwhile read :D

So I get my mail last nite and I have two copies of an invoice for a $50 parking ticket at Florida Atlantic Univeristy that I apparently received 10/23/07, the tag is on my utility trailer no less. How nice Apparently this is also representative of the meter maid's vision. Seeing how I've never been to FAU let alone Boca Raton, I had to take my lunch break and drive to the DMV (they can't fax said info) to obtain a copy of my license plate history to mail FAU. FAU provided no contact phone number or email. All in all, about an hour of my time and 12 miles. I penned a nice letter and sent them a professional invoice for my time & mileage & postage, all total around $79 I included a preaddressed remittance envelope too.

Thursday, April 24, 2008

Florida Atlantic University
Traffic & Parking Division
777 Glades Road Building 69
Boca Raton, FL 33431

Ref: Account# XXXXX

Dear Sirs,

I am in receipt of your invoice dated April 17, 2008 in reference to a traffic citation #xxxxx and FL Tag number xxxxxx. I appreciate being mailed two individual invoices, it’s nice to know that FAU has a generous mailing budget as with rising fuel costs, the US Postal service obviously needs all the additional income it can generate to offset the cost of delivering the mail.

More importantly, the two invoice copies provide irrefutable evidence that the time teleportation machine that I invented works. I can provide this to the US Patent Office as they have been skeptical of my patent claim submission. When I first conducted my experiment, I thought I would teleport myself and my vehicle back in time and then drive home before I left. I thought that might be risky as a first test so instead I teleported my utility trailer. Due to the time paradox associated with teleporting and object and subsequently returning it, I could never be really sure that my time teleportation machine actually worked. You so graciously provided me with not just one but two pieces of documented evidence that my utility trailer was somewhere on your property nearly 5 months before the tag was even issued by the great State of Florida. I could hardly believe my eyes when I opened your Statement.

I immediately requested documented proof from the Division of Motor Vehicles that the tag number referenced on your Statment was indeed not issued until February 2008 and had one of my staff drive there in person, as required by Florida law, to obtain that copy. I have included it for your records as well so that you too can believe in my marvelous invention! I wish I could say that my education was a product of Florida Atlantic University but sadly I cannot attribute my vast intellect to your educational institution since I have never been to Boca Raton, or your great campus. I chose your great institution purely at random and I want you know that I will name FAU as a benefactor once I achieve wealth & notoriety since you have been instrumental in proving that my invention works.

Sadly, at this time, my invention has yet to bring me vast quantities of wealth. Since your inquiry is unrelated to my invention and Florida Atlantic University expressed no interest in my intellectual property, I am required to bill you for the time required to obtain the necessary legal documents to answer your correspondence. I have included a copy of IRS Form W-9 for your Accounts Payable department to complete, if your are exempt from Florida Sales Tax, please deduct that amount from the invoice and attach a copy of your Florida DR-11 or DR-13 form with your remittance. I have provided my FEIN on the invoice as well as in the letterhead. Should your Accounts Payable department require any additional forms from me, please submit them via mail, provide return postage and I will have my billing department complete and return those forms promptly. Thank you!

Revmaynard
04-25-2008, 05:39 PM
Lulz.

Jecht
04-25-2008, 06:08 PM
:lmao:

LS2ner
04-25-2008, 07:24 PM
OMG that is too funny. Reps for you good sir.