PDA

View Full Version : Prelude question....

LS2ner
03-17-2005, 11:28 PM
My buddy owns a 98 Prelude SH. He was wondering whats the best exhaust system for his car. (best gains) and also which intake would be better; Short ram, full cold air, or like a AEM V2... since the forums were reset i couldnt find anything in searches. Also he wants to know which clutch would be best...whether ACT, Cetreforce, or like clutchmasters. Drag/street use..

Any help is appreciated.

speedminded
03-17-2005, 11:41 PM
http://www.honda-tech.com

LS2ner
03-17-2005, 11:51 PM
thanks =P just wondering if any of the prelude owners had any suggestions.

speedminded
03-18-2005, 06:21 AM
....not saying it's the only source to use but they do have a Prelude forum on h-t http://www.honda-tech.com/zeroforum?id=4

BTLFED
03-18-2005, 11:07 AM
Do not, and I repeat DO NOT use a Centerforce clutch in that car. They are flaming heaps of shit. Intake I would do the V2, personally. As far as exhaust that is really a matter of opinion for the most part. Most of the major companies' exhausts make similar power, so it's really about the noise/look. The Apex N1 is the most straight through, though, from what I have seen.

B16a2 Civic
03-18-2005, 11:10 AM
it really doesn't matter what intake you get....all cold air intakes do the samething and give you about the same hp...you probably wont get more then 10 hp with whatever is chosen...its just what company you like the most or look sthe best in your car or your friends car

BTLFED
03-18-2005, 11:19 AM
it really doesn't matter what intake you get....all cold air intakes do the samething and give you about the same hp...you probably wont get more then 10 hp with whatever is chosen...its just what company you like the most or look sthe best in your car or your friends car

Comparing a V2 to an Ebay intake is like comparing a Pinto to a Skyline. :rolleyes:

Yes, all garbage intakes are the same, but when you get into the parts that actually cost more than $1.50, there is no comparison. You can't get a steak dinner for Taco Bell prices.

Vteckidd
03-18-2005, 11:20 AM
and that is why your car is slow

FACT: Js Racing Intake makes 11whp OVER THE AEM V2. hmmmmm, but they are all the same :rolleyes:

B16a2 Civic
03-18-2005, 11:21 AM
well, im not speaking of homemade intakes you make from pipping at home depot, im talkin about with companies that actually make em i.e iceman, injen, aem, etc....preferebly i like injen because its breathes louder but performance wise....they basically are the same

B16a2 Civic
03-18-2005, 11:24 AM
and that is why your car is slow

FACT: Js Racing Intake makes 11whp OVER THE AEM V2. hmmmmm, but they are all the same :rolleyes:

oh yes, my car is extremly slow :rolleyes:

Vteckidd
03-18-2005, 11:54 AM
well, im not speaking of homemade intakes you make from pipping at home depot, im talkin about with companies that actually make em i.e iceman, injen, aem, etc....preferebly i like injen because its breathes louder but performance wise....they basically are the same
HEY DUMBASS, what the fuck do you think the AEM V2 and the Js racing are, they are big fucking companies.

AEMV2 is the best you can get in the states, they make 3-7 whp over any other intake on the market that is a actual company, INCLUDING INJEN

2nd IMO is Injen

Now when it comes to what makes the most POWER on a motor, let me school you

Js Racing of Japan is the BEST from what i have seen. My motor made 19 whp with the addition of a Js Racing Carbon FIber intake vs a stock ITR intake arm with K+N filter.

Js Racing Knockoffs on EBAY have been known to make very similar power to The real deal J's. and they have beaten AEM systems

Mugen Intakes have made 5-10 whp on STOCK motor vs AEM,Injen etc. want me to post the dynos?

Your statements are ignorant. While i agree that the difference between a #1 intake compared to a $250 AEM V2 system is vast in price and performance, i doubt its more than 5-7 whp. but they are DEFINETLY not the same and if you have the money, the AEM and Js Racing is worth the extra cash

I said your car was slow cause you made a blanket statement and tried to offer "advice" when youobvisoulsy know NOTHING. Prove to me the Injen "flows more" than the Js or the AEM

B16a2 Civic
03-18-2005, 12:04 PM
you must have reading comphrension problems....i said...the injen intake breathes louder....nver said it would produce more hp....and stop writing auto bioprahies and make foot notes...too much shit to read....sounds like you have built up stress

Vteckidd
03-18-2005, 12:14 PM
you must have reading comphrension problems....i said...the injen intake breathes louder....nver said it would produce more hp....and stop writing auto bioprahies and make foot notes...too much shit to read....sounds like you have built up stress
no stress, its easy proving youwrong. thanks for giving me something to do.

so basically you like the "loud mad air intake y0!" what a ricer

B16a2 Civic
03-18-2005, 12:15 PM
Lol@ loud mad air intake yo.....so are you trying to make fun of how black people talk....what a lame.....what dont you clean your shack of a shop and surf the web some more nerd, funny how someone is a smartass online but a pussy in person

BTLFED
03-18-2005, 12:23 PM

"breathes louder?!" WTF is that supposed to mean? BWAHAHAHAHA!!! :lmfao:

Dude, are you kidding me? You think you know about intake h/p gains, yet you like the Injen because it is loud? That's like a zoo keeper saying they know how to build an engine from scratch! :lmfao:

BTLFED
03-18-2005, 12:24 PM
Lol@ loud mad air intake yo.....so are you trying to make fun of how black people talk....what a lame.....what dont you clean your shack of a shop and surf the web some more nerd, funny how someone is a smartass online but a pussy in person

HAHAHAHHA!! When backed into a corner you try and pull the race card? We have no clue what race you are! :lmfao:

B16a2 Civic
03-18-2005, 12:25 PM
so now im a zoo keeper Lol...this comes from a boy who keeps a picture of another girl in his avatar cause he thinks " this is cool " Lol.....c'mon

B16a2 Civic
03-18-2005, 12:26 PM
im not tryna pull a race card, how do you even know im not white like you dude Lol

BTLFED
03-18-2005, 12:37 PM
so now im a zoo keeper Lol...this comes from a boy who keeps a picture of another girl in his avatar cause he thinks " this is cool " Lol.....c'mon

Look, mother fucker. You DO NOT talk shit about who is in my avatar. I am in her avatar, too. It is an inside joke among friends. I'm sorry that you have none to do anything fun with. :rolleyes:

BTLFED
03-18-2005, 12:38 PM
im not tryna pull a race card, how do you even know im not white like you dude Lol

I don't give a shit what color you are. You could be green with pokadots and you would still be a retard. Stupidity knows no color.

B16a2 Civic
03-18-2005, 12:39 PM
Lol@ mother fucker, its nice you have inside jokes with yoru online buddy buddys, but i personally dont look to make friends online, i have alot offline...unfortunatly the time i spend online is because im at work...this is your hobby and probably life...so im sorry i disrupted that for you, dont let your e heart bleed cause of me...you must have some anger callin me outside of my name

Dragonfly5338
03-18-2005, 12:46 PM
You can't win. ;)

Chris (BTLFED) has been into cars since you were probably still in gradeschool. His CRX is known in the ENTIRE state of Georgia. He works for the biggest import supply stores in the country, and deals with Honda rice boys and girls like you ALL DAY LONG - 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Do not assume that you know more than he does - because you don't.

VTECkidd I don't know his credentials, but from reading the forums - check the kills forum - he's beaten an STi in his CRX, which believe me, is a feat in itself. I bought a 30,000 dollar car and I still have trouble beating my boyfriend's STi. So obviously he has put an INSANE amount of time and research into building his Honda. I would be more apt to trust the opinion of someone who built his car from scratch and does his own R&D than someone with a ghey civic that reads what others post on riceboyforums.com and assume they preach the truth.

Sorry.

B16a2 Civic
03-18-2005, 12:49 PM
You can't win. ;)

Chris (BTLFED) has been into cars since you were probably still in gradeschool. His CRX is known in the ENTIRE state of Georgia. He works for the biggest import supply stores in the country, and deals with Honda rice boys and girls like you ALL DAY LONG - 8 hours a day, 5 days a week. Do not assume that you know more than he does - because you don't.

VTECkidd I don't know his credentials, but from reading the forums - check the kills forum - he's beaten an STi in his CRX, which believe me, is a feat in itself. I bought a 30,000 dollar car and I still have trouble beating my boyfriend's STi. So obviously he has put an INSANE amount of time and research into building his Honda. I would be more apt to trust the opinion of someone who built his car from scratch and does his own R&D than someone with a ghey civic that reads what others post on riceboyforums.com and assume they preach the truth.

Sorry.

i never really doubted what they said, i believe( being honest, not being sarcastic) on the info they put, im just arguing with them cause they said smart ass comments to me, i said what i learned ( which they know more then me, nothing wrong with that) and i said i like a specific intake cause how it sounds, they decided to make a negative comment toward that...so ...this is where we stand

BTLFED
03-18-2005, 02:21 PM
You can't win. ;)

Val, you are awesome. :kiss:

BTLFED
03-18-2005, 02:25 PM
i never really doubted what they said, i believe( being honest, not being sarcastic) on the info they put, im just arguing with them cause they said smart ass comments to me, i said what i learned ( which they know more then me, nothing wrong with that) and i said i like a specific intake cause how it sounds, they decided to make a negative comment toward that...so ...this is where we stand

Picking an intake based on the fucking sound is a riceboy comment! Yeah, we are going to flame you for it! Duh! :rolleyes:

And this fucking forum is not my life. I don't come on here looking for friends. The friends I have on here are friends in real life. The more you speak, the more retarded you look.

B16a2 Civic
03-18-2005, 02:29 PM
so i "look" retarded by what i type....thats tah dumbest comment you have made so far, you may be car smart, but your a dumbass when it comes to other things, and did i ever say " oooooo, pick an injen intake cause it sounds nice..." errm no, i said i ( me, myself and i) like the way it sounds..oh and im sure your " real friends" wer efirst your internet friends...dude :eek:

BTLFED
03-18-2005, 03:03 PM
so i "look" retarded by what i type....thats tah dumbest comment you have made so far, you may be car smart, but your a dumbass when it comes to other things, and did i ever say " oooooo, pick an injen intake cause it sounds nice..." errm no, i said i ( me, myself and i) like the way it sounds..oh and im sure your " real friends" wer efirst your internet friends...dude :eek:

Yes you are retarded by the "knowledge" (and I use the term loosely) you type.

Besides, you think I care what a loser like you thinks of me? HAH! My dog can take a shit and what lands on the grass would mean more to me than you do. :rolleyes:

B16a2 Civic
03-18-2005, 03:18 PM
appreantly you do care what a "loser" like me thinks of you...for instance, you almost did a back flip when i made fun of your avatar " look here mother fucker" Lol also you continue to carry on this conversation, i personally have nothing against you, you decided to be captain take initative and help my friend argue, when it was simply what i thought about intakes, yeah vtec kidd knew more about it, and i acknowledged that, i even told him i acknowledge that, hell i acknowledged you probably knew more too, but low and behold you continue...so i shall as well....so you do care, if you didn't, this would have ended a few post ago

green91
03-18-2005, 06:14 PM
loser

LS2ner
03-19-2005, 11:58 PM
thread hi-jacked yo! =P just kidding. my friend just wanted me to ask... i told him basically the same info and he wanted to compare. tho...while ont he subject, vtec any idea what the password:jdm intake vs. the Js intake would be like?

Hulud
04-01-2005, 09:16 AM
wow this post was interesting...

The Yousef
04-06-2005, 12:36 AM
i got the AEM CAI....BTLFED is right i've heard some good reviews on the V2, exhaust wise Thermal R&D (if you want the stock look, good sound, and power too)...i got the Greddy EVO....nice deep sound, N1 is the one of the best though....

hope that helps,

yousef